Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

zoom in zoom out ??

lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260
can you not zoom in and out on ya toon ?? in option it says mouse weel you weel nothing no zoom in or out.

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

from what i understand no.

if someone who knows more can say more i hope so caus ei hope im wrong here game tht i cant conrtol the angle and depth of the camera on drive me batty

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• xdarkdrakexdarkdrake Member UncommonPosts: 4

If you are trying to get a closer look at your toon or inspect someone you can hit the "B" button and it will allow you to zoom in and out. 

Hope this helps. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Camera controll is not in...  you can use the [B] key and get intoo an observation mode which allows you to zoom in and out, but this can not be used in combat.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

yep pressing b lets you zoom in out but can not play in the zoom mode will be able to zoom in out in main game will they be adding this.

only thing i dont like in this game is the lack of being able to zoom hope this will change :).

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by lovebug

yep pressing b lets you zoom in out but can not play in the zoom mode will be able to zoom in out in main game will they be adding this.

only thing i dont like in this game is the lack of being able to zoom hope this will change :).

The reason why theres no zoom option is that the fights and content is designed from a particular standpoint.  Think of the limitations as an artificial hurdle to control aspects of certain fights.

No different then say a Diablo forcing an Isometric view or Marior Brothers forced into Side Scrolling.  Its built as an action game and this is jsut one of the small ways to control aspects of the fight and what is displayed on screen.

SUP

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I hope they allow you to zoom out a bit more in the future. I can see why it's so close in; a lot of the dungeons have a lot of tight spaces and it stops the camera from going 'really' crazy all the time.. which it would if you were zoomed out really far and were in a fight in a corridor or something.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by lovebug

I doubt they add it, the reason they didn't include it is because the enclosed dungeons that litter the game cause camera problems when zooming too far out.

a fixed camera position allowed them to design the game without having to account for a variety if zoom distances.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I hope they allow you to zoom out a bit more in the future. I can see why it's so close in; a lot of the dungeons have a lot of tight spaces and it stops the camera from going 'really' crazy all the time.. which it would if you were zoomed out really far and were in a fight in a corridor or something.

What you're really saying is that Cryptic set a fixed position/distance for the camera because it would have taken much more time and effort (translated: it would have cost too much) to program it to behave reliably in a dynamic way.