Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What type of Donations DO You Get For Foundry

negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

I have been searching all over but can't anything definitive on what type of donations are accepted for people making Foundry missions.

I have seen articles that say money and other say Astrals...I just want to know if it is worth the time making user content that rocks if all you get is Astrals...

Does anyone know for sure...since I am stuck in patching, I dont have a clue....

Comments

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

hm

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149
    Anybody? Somebody? Nobody?
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    you mean what do you get for making a dungeon? afaik you get nothing but the satisying feeling of making your own mission and people enjoying it as well.. making them is fun why do you need to be rewarded for making a dungeon? some nice person could donate you whatever if they love your stuff though since it shows who made the dungeon

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

There is a system in play in The Foundry where players can donate to Foundry creators to let them know they like their missions and to encourage the development of more missions from said creator...

This is part of the game already... I am just asking what type of donations you can give/get for creating and supporting creating...

[mod edit]
    Originally posted by negacrowbar

There is a system in play in The Foundry where players can donate to Foundry creators to let them know they like their missions and to encourage the development of more missions from said creator...

This is part of the game already... I am just asking what type of donations you can give/get for creating and supporting creating...

[mod edit]

?

i have done many foundry missions didn't see any "donation" feature

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I hear people arn't getting much at the moment.. but once people arn't hording their diamonds because they are low level and they are in short supply I'd expect donations to get a lot more active.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

[mod edit]

?

If you leave the foundry mission properly, as in through the door and not using the button next to the mini map, you get the option to rate review and donate AD if you want to.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Maybe it wont be incorporated until official launch...
    One article mentioned a PayPal option..i guess that is not happening....
    Originally posted by Vannor

[mod edit]

?

If you leave the foundry mission properly, as in through the door and not using the button next to the mini map, you get the option to rate review and donate AD if you want to.

i saw the rate thing as I rated many mission must have missed the AD.. i know it shows the author so you could donate them whatever you want.. but didn't see it as a feature.. guess i never looked hard enough

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

[mod edit]

?

I've seen this in the system, it is for Astral Diamons, it is referred to as a "tip" I believe.

That wasn't directed at you....it listed the reply in the wrong place...your answer was helpful..sorry...
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

[mod edit]

?

I've seen this in the system, it is for Astral Diamons, it is referred to as a "tip" I believe.

yea guess i missed it lol i have done a LOT of foundry mission too haha

Why is reply not listing my replies under the proper quotes.???

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    You must play STO as they have a donate feature. If there isnn't one probably will be added soon as it's pretty much the same game model. I always donated in STO foundry missons were way better.
  • nfuhnfuh Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Just to the right of the rating chart at the end is the TIP chart. You can choose a preset amount of astral diamonds to tip. (25, 50, 100 I believe)
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    you mean what do you get for making a dungeon? afaik you get nothing but the satisying feeling of making your own mission and people enjoying it as well.. making them is fun why do you need to be rewarded for making a dungeon? some nice person could donate you whatever if they love your stuff though since it shows who made the dungeon

Aside from reviews, players who have played a foundry quest are able to donate a small amount of astral diamonds to the author (50/100/250 iirc).

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Ya it's just AD they aren't allowing people to make real money off of it lol

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    You get the option to donate AD at the end of a foundry mission.  AD can be exchanged for Zen.  But you cannot exchange Zen for real cash.  So if your asking if you can make real money off foundry, then no you can't.
  • plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

i tipped a pouple of ppl 50AD for some foundry missions. the work thats gone into some of them is immense! i feel its only fair.

I would like to know though just how many AD in total the more successful Foundry dungeons are making there creators. 

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!