Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from this crap game

erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

- it's not neverwinter nights

- it's not dungeons and dragons

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

[mod edit]

Comments

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

- Was never supposed to be.

- it's 4e DnD

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

- it is not pay to win nothing in the zen shop makes my character superman.

Sorry that you dont like the game!

Oh well tho GL on finding a game you like!

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Since its free I am going to try it and decide for myself.  The fact Cryptic and Perfect World are behind it does leave me feeling apprehensive.  I have had previous issues with both for a variety of reasons.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Punk999

- it's 4e DnD

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

I've never once heard them refer to game as a sequel to Neverwinter Nights.  In case the OP didn't notice the game is called Neverwinter online, not Neverwinter Nights Online.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

No.

It was supposed to be.

Atari. Largely bankrupt company holds all rights to D&D (on computers) and Neverwinter.

WoTC (owners of D&D) wanted to take these licence rights from them because Atari monopolises licence , but have no money to develop anything.

To save the situation before they lose licence Atari scrambled to give Neverwinter rights ( originally at Bioware hands) to first company they could get to develop cheap game - Cryptic.

The game was originally sopposed to be singleplayer with co-op multiplayer. And to be released within a year.

But than Atari bancrupted and PW bought Cryptic. Since PW is not doing singleplayer games, they decided to make it a MMO (and add 2 years on development)

This is Neverwinter you see now.

- it's 4e DnD

Stop excusing every game that has poorly implemented D&D system , with excuse "its 4e D&D"

Neverwinter is not 4eD&D , its very very loosely inspired by 4e D&D. Nothing more.

However the game lore is based on new Forgotten Realms - so yes for that.

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    Since its free I am going to try it and decide for myself.  The fact Cryptic and Perfect World are behind it does leave me feeling apprehensive.  I have had previous issues with both for a variety of reasons.

Try it for yourself. I went into the game with low expectations and I have to say I am glad to have fun in a new mmo once again. Granted I haven't tried the pvp yet , everyone is questing and doing dungeons but the scenery is great, interface isn't too shabby, and so far I like it. don't listen to other people, try it yourself and see what I mean. 

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

Originally posted by Lobotomist

No.

It was supposed to be.

Atari. Largely bankrupt company holds all rights to D&D (on computers) and Neverwinter.

WoTC (owners of D&D) wanted to take these licence rights from them because Atari monopolises licence , but have no money to develop anything.

To save the situation before they lose licence Atari scrambled to give Neverwinter rights ( originally at Bioware hands) to first company they could get to develop cheap game - Cryptic.

The game was originally sopposed to be singleplayer with co-op multiplayer. And to be released within a year.

But than Atari bancrupted and PW bought Cryptic. Since PW is not doing singleplayer games, they decided to make it a MMO (and add 2 years on development)

- it's 4e DnD

Stop excusing every game that has poorly implemented D&D system , with excuse "its 4e D&D"

Neverwinter is not 4eD&D , its very very loosely inspired by 4e D&D. Nothing more.

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

Well i go off of a Dev has never said "Yes neverwinter online is just like neverwinter nights" so thats why i answered the way i did.

Either way it still goes off 4th edition and no game ever comes close to being just like PnP DnD.

I also wasnt making any excuse, so no need to be rude! I was going off what the game says it is.

Also this game does better with the 4th edition rules than daggerdale for example. They didnt alter too much... get a stat point every 10 levels instead of 4, more Hitpoints,limited encounter and daily powers aswell. Thats not too bad imo.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233

I've been around since UO and I actually find this game very refreshing in the way they made the UI and combat flow... Love the animations and combat... 

Havent played much, but looking forward to lots of hours spent in this game...

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

No.

It was supposed to be.

- it's 4e DnD

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

Sorry but no neverwinter nights was never a coop multiplayer.

The people made worlds mate. 

• BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186
    I enjoyed the last closed beta they had (the one open to non-paying players) and look forward to trying it out some more. . .ok it was almost done updating but then it crashed and now I'm waiting for it to check to see how much it had already downloaded of the patch so it can finish those last few percentage points m/
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by ConjureOne

I've been around since UO and I actually find this game very refreshing in the way they made the UI and combat flow... Love the animations and combat... 

I've been playing MMO's almost as long, and I feel the same way.  The only games that REALLY made me feel like I wasn't playing a stiff, poorly made grindfest were WoW, GW2, and Neverwinter.  So far.  The text in red is very important to me, and so far these have been the only games to provide it.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

- it's 4e DnD

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

[mod edit]

unfortunately bro, i have to agree with OP. only d&d in the game is "bought  rights " to use d&d to merchandise the cheap game cryptic have made. i tried it yesterday and man it cant compete outhere , im sure it have it's fans , players who havent been playing any new mmos outhere and now grawled from caves when heard word d&d and neverwinter to play it and then praise it to be revolutionary and combat is awesome and all that. 

well enjoy whoever can find something to enjoy but to my personal opinion is 2 cents everyday korean mmo feeling what i got whilst testing. going to test it little bit more today just for preview point of view if i can get past account server login.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Eir_S

I've been playing MMO's almost as long, and I feel the same way.  The only games that REALLY made me feel like I wasn't playing a stiff, poorly made grindfest were WoW, GW2, and Neverwinter.  So far.  The text in red is very important to me, and so far these have been the only games to provide it.

EverQuest 2 is also a really good game tho! It is one of the only MMO's that I played on and off for over 7 years!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Eir_S

EverQuest 2 is also a really good game tho! It is one of the only MMO's that I played on and off for over 7 years!

True, I have complaints about the combat, but EQ2 is a very content-rich game as well.

• CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Originally posted by erinys

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

Would advise everyone to steer clear, its a bad shallow game as are all the cryptic games.

Oh... I was having fun with it, but I will follow your command, granted...

Btw I can't seem to find the p2w element, at least by now; can you be more specific?

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

Would advise everyone to steer clear, its a bad shallow game as are all the cryptic games.

Well its based off Neverwinter. I also do believe R.A. Salvatore is writing some novels that are going along with this games story arc.

It is based loosely off 4th edition DnD.. which some people enjoyed like myself some hated.

Ya its made by cryptic.

I havent had any experiance with PWO so this will be new to me.

From everything I have seen. Its not pay to win. Its more a pay to get certain things faster or easier.

Your last line makes me think your nothing more than a hater and a troll.

I myself havent played yet. But I do plan to give it a go and toy around with it. Why? Because I enjoyed 4th edition DND.

Originally posted by Codeme

- it's 4e DnD

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

classic fanboy reply. it always delighted to see how some people embrace the title they chose to be the game of their lives and defend it to the grave.

unfortunately bro, i have to agree with OP. only d&d in the game is "bought  rights " to use d&d to merchandise the cheap game cryptic have made. i tried it yesterday and man it cant compete outhere , im sure it have it's fans , players who havent been playing any new mmos outhere and now grawled from caves when heard word d&d and neverwinter to play it and then praise it to be revolutionary and combat is awesome and all that. 

well enjoy whoever can find something to enjoy but to my personal opinion is 2 cents everyday korean mmo feeling what i got whilst testing. going to test it little bit more today just for preview point of view if i can get past account server login.

Damn i love me some Forums PVP!! haha

Classic fanboy reply?? Eh for me a fanboy reply would be a pretty negative response.

I took my opinion against his opinion and that was all, if that make me a fanboy than ok. I guesss that make you nothing but a hater :/ .

^MMORPG.com

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

its free too play, you can try it for free at no cost whatsoever other then the time it takes too download.

personally i like the game, i have alot of fun running around with my orc with his big ass blade whacking shit upside the head while my cleric companion keeps a health regen on me.  i dont need pots outside of death wish fights, and ive never had any need for the zen store.

i did support the game via hero of the north pack though, i wanted the drizzt elvs with the tatoos and the spider mount, just soooooo coooooooool.

cant wait to see the new classes and races that come in the future, looking forward to the warlock!

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

- it's 4e DnD

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

classic fanboy reply. it always delighted to see how some people embrace the title they chose to be the game of their lives and defend it to the grave.

Classic fanboy reply?? Eh for me a fanboy reply would be a pretty negative response.

I took my opinion against his opinion and that was all, if that make me a fanboy than ok. I guesss that make you nothing but a hater :/ .

man i dont hate i give everything and everyone fair change.

and forum pvp what else these forums are for than that? even hello kitty online forums have pvp =)

but you made point, its about opinion vs opinion always.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Well I'll echo the sentimient of trying it for yourself. I found it to be pretty good and after playing a bunch of the instances as a guardian with a friend playing a warrior I can see the potential of the foundry. It has a smaller feel which might turn off the die hard world must be one big mass crowd, but it works for the game. That's my first play impression anyway...

- it's 4e DnD

- ok

- yea shame but oh well

man i dont hate i give everything and everyone fair change.

and forum pvp what else these forums are for than that? even hello kitty online forums have pvp =)

but you made point, its about opinion vs opinion always.

Very true mmorpg.com has always been this way :)

^MMORPG.com

• maddog15amaddog15a Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Well it may not be the most ground breaking mmo, but its at least fun for alittle while.  I tend to find most of Cryptic games are that way fun for alittle while but nothing that will hold you or make you want to invest in alot of cash into the game.  Maybe $9.00 or $10.00 at max. 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Neverwinter is entirely F2P, play it yourself and make your own judgement.

And the download is quite small compared to most recent AAA MMO's, so it's quite easy to try out.

My personal "first-impression" score for the game is 5/10. Neverwinter is my first experience of a "launched as F2P" game. It seems I've not missed anything. If Neverwinter is one of the "better" F2P MMORPG offerings, then I shudder to think what the rest are like...

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

- it's not.

- I stopped at 2nd, so I can't say how much it resembles to 4th ed. It indeed is faster and more action-y than AD&D was on p'n'p, but that's not a surprise I think.

- I like Cryptic (I know, what a freak, eh? :) )

- PWO? :)  but to be honest, they're just a publisher, they've got good and bad titles as well, with a greed level from modest to Scrooge McDuck in their payment models.

- I don't see p2w so far, and if it will be like STO (or CO) where I can goofing around after level cap without any boring gear grind (and the Foundry is a good start for that, but I hope other systems as well, like STO's DOff minigame) then I'm fine.

My only problem with Neverwinter (and I wrote it in the beta as well) that the combat is somehow doesn't "click" for me. Still can't figure it out why, and I don't want to overuse the word "clunky"... :)

I tried so far (with betas counted) the cleric, the gw fighter and the rouge. Anyway, I try to get used to it, while I'm hoping there will be story-focusedFoundry missions as well, like in STO.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

Stay away from this ignorant guy.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    It's a good game...
This discussion has been closed.