Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont Waste Your Time/Money

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by synsy

The game has lots of potential, but just like Darkfall 1, it falls short. This game, just like Darkfall 1, will die due to horrible community relations and lack of proper updates to the game.

The game is so full of imbalances that it really just isn't fun. It is no longer a sandbox mmo as it is typically described. It is a themepark mmo with imbalanced classes that introduces some sandbox elements.

If you're on the fence with this game, I'd say wait it out until Aventurine proves that they're capable of addressing issues with the game and are capable of actually releasing meaningful patches. The downside is by the time (if they actually do) they decide to release updates to the game everyone will be over 70k prowess (already countless players between 30-60k prowess range) and will be a complete waste of time for newbs to try and join the game.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that during the preorder phase, Aventurine stated for months that the game's subscription price would be $10 a month. Just before release they ninjad the monthly fee back to $15. This is a prime example of how this company works. Also, with the amount of bugs and lack of support from the developers, this game in no way is deserving of a premium $15 fee.

There have been daily updates, Darkfall 1 did not die, and it was always going to be 15 a month.

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

I can't justify paying $15/month for the thrill of full loot or losing everything to a crash to desktop. The "sandbox" elements are very shallow. With DF1, I was always at work during seige time and I suspect the same will happen with the "new" version. I can't see this game offering much entertainment value. When people realize that ganking harvesters is more profitable than harvesting, the game mechanics will fall apart - or they will make huge alliances and have a boring time.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by akiira69

The game has lots of potential, but just like Darkfall 1, it falls short. This game, just like Darkfall 1, will die due to horrible community relations and lack of proper updates to the game.

The game is so full of imbalances that it really just isn't fun. It is no longer a sandbox mmo as it is typically described. It is a themepark mmo with imbalanced classes that introduces some sandbox elements.

If you're on the fence with this game, I'd say wait it out until Aventurine proves that they're capable of addressing issues with the game and are capable of actually releasing meaningful patches. The downside is by the time (if they actually do) they decide to release updates to the game everyone will be over 70k prowess (already countless players between 30-60k prowess range) and will be a complete waste of time for newbs to try and join the game.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that during the preorder phase, Aventurine stated for months that the game's subscription price would be $10 a month. Just before release they ninjad the monthly fee back to $15. This is a prime example of how this company works. Also, with the amount of bugs and lack of support from the developers, this game in no way is deserving of a premium $15 fee.

I love how you can write something like this about a game that isnt even a month old yet. Since your crystal ball says this game is a failure can you tell us at which patch its going to fail at? Or how about the date that Adventurine is going to shut down the servers? No MMO within its first 30 days is bug free and i mean NO MMO. So for you to say its failure while not giving it 6 months to iron out the major problems shows how naive you are in the development of online games.

The game was to be released november 2012. Was just some minor fixes needed claimed Aventurine, "2 weeks to release" was the word.

6 months later it was released with many missing features that were supposed to be in the game.

Why did Aventurine lie to us?

I dont support liers.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

If you play DFUW with the intention of wanting politics / relationships with real people and PvP (in a fantasy / medieval setting) it's the no. 1 game for you.

If you're playing it for some other reason, there are probably better games on the market.

The rest of DFUW - scenery, treasure maps, crafting, acheivements, and PvE are just little diversions really.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Arenthas
    They've been releasing patches every day. That's a lot more to say than other companies. It's refreshing to play a traditional full loot sandbox mmo in todays modern age of themeparks.

This is not a sandbox mmo. It is a themepark mmo with some sandbox elements. There is even a quest system in place which serves as the fastest way to progress.

Is the orange true?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by bcbully
    They've been releasing patches every day. That's a lot more to say than other companies. It's refreshing to play a traditional full loot sandbox mmo in todays modern age of themeparks.

This is not a sandbox mmo. It is a themepark mmo with some sandbox elements. There is even a quest system in place which serves as the fastest way to progress.

Is the orange true?

It's a feat system and it's nothing like a quest at all since you're free to start where ever you want and you don't to talk to an npc that will ask you to kill 30 rat only to return to him when youre done.

Instead,y ou start a new character. You kill the strongest mob in game right away and trust me it's possible. Once you killed that for the first time, you unlock a feat and you must kill it 30 times first. Once you done that, you gain prowess points and a lot of it. You use prowess point to level up your stats or skills individually.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

I think everyone's looking for the perfect MMORPG - a combination of:

> Ultima Online's fantasy world - with strong themepark and free-form play.

> Darkfall's atmosphere of excitement when venturing out.

> WoW's humour, pet collecting, mods, and vast lands.

> Minecraft's sandbox (this is the only true sandbox - let's be honest).

> Eve Online's politics.

> A plan for future development, such as 3D glasses.

But this game doesn't exist yet.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Is the orange true?

It's a feat system and it's nothing like a quest at all since you're free to start where ever you want and you don't to talk to an npc that will ask you to kill 30 rat only to return to him when youre done.

Instead,y ou start a new character. You kill the strongest mob in game right away and trust me it's possible. Once you killed that for the first time, you unlock a feat and you must kill it 30 times first. Once you done that, you gain prowess points and a lot of it. You use prowess point to level up your stats or skills individually.

Ok thank you.  That's better than traditional questing. It seems more organic. This also supports those who speak of grinding though. 

What if I started on that tough mob killed him once then moved on to something else? I wouldn't get the feat, but would I still gain some prowess? Do you get prowess for pvp?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

I love how you can write something like this about a game that isnt even a month old yet. Since your crystal ball says this game is a failure can you tell us at which patch its going to fail at? Or how about the date that Adventurine is going to shut down the servers? No MMO within its first 30 days is bug free and i mean NO MMO. So for you to say its failure while not giving it 6 months to iron out the major problems shows how naive you are in the development of online games.

Gamers like you are the reason why I see more and more people not liking gamers in general, the public look at us like a pack of 20 - 40 year olds that act like 9 year olds who sit around getting angry and fat with no social skills or friends in real life. Who cares if the guy doesn't like the game. He's allowed to not like the game, not everyone is going to like the same games you do. I like Darkfall, and I don't agree with all his points, but that doesn't mean that you should insult the guy's intellegence with your snarky remarks like he's an idiot just because he has a differn't taste then you. Not everyone has a University degree in Online Gaming Development like you claim to be. Most Gamers are casual gamers who have lives outside of the computer and may not be aware or be informed how games are developed. Grow up.

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

I totally agree with OP. I got into OB due to all the sandbox carebears hyping it up.

What a fail, can't say I'm not a little bit relieved. :-)

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • huxflux2003huxflux2003 Member Posts: 21

Seriously, don't waste time and money. The game isnt up to par not only to todays standards, but wouldnt stand a chance against DAOC or even Asherons Call.

You have been warned!

• huxflux2003huxflux2003 Member Posts: 21

Ok thank you.  That's better than traditional questing. It seems more organic. This also supports those who speak of grinding though. 

What if I started on that tough mob killed him once then moved on to something else? I wouldn't get the feat, but would I still gain some prowess? Do you get prowess for pvp?

OK, so:

WoW's system: You talk to an NPC, he gives you a small (sometimes interesting/funny) story, and tells you to kill 12 murlocs -> bad/lame/boring/themepark

DFs system: There is noone to talk to, just a list in the GUI. You need to go and kill 200 birds -> sanbox/interesting/innovative.

Makes absolute sense.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by huxflux2003

OK, so:

WoW's system: You talk to an NPC, he gives you a small (sometimes interesting/funny) story, and tells you to kill 12 murlocs -> bad/lame/boring/themepark

DFs system: There is noone to talk to, just a list in the GUI. You need to go and kill 200 birds -> sanbox/interesting/innovative.

Makes absolute sense.

Havent thought about it that way but your right, it's about the same actually.

Amazing. 

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Every MMO has a time sink.
  • wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

As far as patches go, they have been releasing "performance" patches every few days. The problem is the game still runs poorly with memory leaks and the game still consistently crashes, which is why my original post said meaningful patches.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227400/

"Darkfall Unholy Wars is an innovative, Real-Time, fast-paced, PvP, Sandbox MMORPG. Players are called to form clans and battle for dominance across the seamless, zoneless, uninstanced open fantasy world of Agon."

Just because someone says something doesn't make it true. This is not a sandbox. Look up what a sandbox mmo is and you'll understand. This is a themepark mmo with some sandbox elements.

Just because you think you know the definition of a sandbox, doesn't mean you know the definition. UO is the king of sandbox, and Darkfall has all the features/content of original UO and much more. AND the game has much to build on where UO failed.

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I think everyone's looking for the perfect MMORPG - a combination of:

(...) 

> WoW's humour, pet collecting, mods, and vast lands.

> Minecraft's sandbox (this is the only true sandbox - let's be honest).

> Eve Online's politics.

You demand impossible thing - to have light hearted MMO with enough power-obsessed, manipulative and ultra-competitive alliance leaders to create politics.

EvE has politics, because it requires strong cooperation between large groups of players, and many people dedicate a lot of time and effort to win. 

Minecraft style MMO was attempted - and it's called Xsyon. The players may have fun, but interactions between them are so shallow (as in Minecraft), that you couldn't even have good WoW-style guild drama, not mentioning EvE style politics.

• xenomonk123xenomonk123 Member Posts: 15

Man I'm so tired of shitty opinions from morons, sorry you got killed and griefed in the safe zone. Go back to WoW if it's really that much of a problem. Anyone that's actually playing darkfall sees that they update the community everyday and that the community feedback is being taken quite seriously right now, also considering the skill level of the game a 30k prowess char can easily fight a 60k prowess char anytime. Also have no problems taking down most of the 80-90k prowess on your 50k character.

So please, play the game first before you gather for hours then die once outside of town with your portal shards on you, lol. So much hate people are still talking about DFUW like it's DF1 and they have changed so much. You're only doing yourself injustice if you don't try the game yourself.

P.S. 15 dollars isn't shit, get a job or get good at life if it's that big of an issue kid.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its actually worse than DF 1..

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148

First off, it's Aventurine, I can already tell you have little to no experience with this company. Second, I never said this game is ruined because it has bugs, every game has bugs, even games that have been out for over 8 years.

Now where's my crystal ball? Well, it's right here along with the amount of years I've put into dealing with this company. Aventurine failed miserably on Darkfall 1 and that game was twice the game this is. The company is notorious for not delivering on their promises. They did, afterall, let Darkfall 1 die as they will this game.

lol, butthurt guy on a vendetta.. quite pathetic

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

First off, it's Aventurine, I can already tell you have little to no experience with this company. Second, I never said this game is ruined because it has bugs, every game has bugs, even games that have been out for over 8 years.

Now where's my crystal ball? Well, it's right here along with the amount of years I've put into dealing with this company. Aventurine failed miserably on Darkfall 1 and that game was twice the game this is. The company is notorious for not delivering on their promises. They did, afterall, let Darkfall 1 die as they will this game.

First most who now work on DF2 are not same developers who worked on DF1.

DF1 was indeed not the game that we for years discussed on forumfall myselfs sinds 2003 many featers that they promised did not maked it to game. 4LRUN mahirim for example(not gamebreaker for me btw).

DF1 not failed only becouse of at time small indie company it also failed MISRABLE by gamers from LAUNCH DAY 1.

First the enormous cheating exploits then soon AFK MACRO 24/7 the bloodwalling ext.

First 3 months (lore was totally abandoned) we had mixed clans all races and HUGE alliance ZERGS which many players drove out of game with cheating/hacking/macroing 24/7.

This small indie company just could not fix the bugs and macro prblem fast enough so players took huge advantaged of this only few played legit.

Then came the whining by US players about seperate servers EU- 1 and NA-1 that was the dagger in back for the game EU-1 was desolated empty and US servers slowly also.

Mean while slow skill grind and many other problems also was downfall of DF1, but was devs(norwegians developers with tasos as bad spokesman0 and community who ruined DF1 not only aventurine.

Community was not that bad but cheating and AFK was terible in DF1 shame i think DF1 was awesome specially after 1 year, but community was sitting in there calntowns with sand in there girly viggy's macro 24/7 afk bah:(

On short note game was way to short BETA tested 1 month with 3k players and stress tested almost none. one of reason why most bugs and exploits still in the game.

Originally posted by Caldrin

its actually worse than DF 1..

It's better than DF1 ! - Now there's no macroing for prowess points.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

DFUW is ten times the game DF1 was.

And I can flat out GUARANTEE I have more experience with AV than anyone on these boards, and following their actions over the past 6 weeks I can honestly say that I believe they are going to continue to improve DFUW until it is completely optimized, bug free, and filled with content.

I know TONS of people who are so bitter about DF1 that they refuse to play DFUW, and that is their choice.  I've always been very critical of AV, hell you should see some of the things I posted on the DFUW beta boards, but as of now I feel like they are a different company.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Uzik

And I can flat out GUARANTEE I have more experience with AV than anyone on these boards, and following their actions over the past 6 weeks I can honestly say that I believe they are going to continue to improve DFUW until it is completely optimized, bug free, and filled with content.

I know TONS of people who are so bitter about DF1 that they refuse to play DFUW, and that is their choice.  I've always been very critical of AV, hell you should see some of the things I posted on the DFUW beta boards, but as of now I feel like they are a different company.

How can you just shrug off the fact that they killed freedom and gravitated towards themepark systems due to investors? 

Wanna attack that person? NOPE! You're in a safezone! Wanna be robe-wearing warrior badass monk? NOPE! Your character simply refuses to put on anything not in his class. 

NOTE: EVEN F2P ASIAN AGE OF WUSHU DOESN'T HAVE SAFEZONES, LOL. 

Sure they'll fix most of the stuff and add content but by that time another biggy themeparky title like Archeage will roll out and/or DFUW will slowly perish as more indy sandbox games near their release, many have chosen to go the open world sandbox route - e.g Origins of Malu, Embers of Caerus, The Repopulation, hell I bet Camelot will be a good one too. 

This is our time, people. And I'll be damned if I let some fanboys turn this community into supportive slaves of a company that lacks innovation. AV is just looking to make a quick buck, everyone knows how AV treats their loyal fanbase and no I don't expect them to change just like I don't expect a rapist to stop raping. 

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

How can you just shrug off the fact that they killed freedom and gravitated towards themepark systems due to investors? How did they kill freedom?  Are you locked into a role?  Was it due to investors, or simply the fact that only 100's of people remained?

Wanna attack that person? NOPE! You're in a safezone! Wanna be robe-wearing warrior badass monk? NOPE! Your character simply refuses to put on anything not in his class.  Then switch roles.  It will take you a lot longer to be viable though, but that was the way things were in DF1 so it should be right up your alley.

NOTE: EVEN F2P ASIAN AGE OF WUSHU DOESN'T HAVE SAFEZONES, LOL.  Then don't go in the safe zone.  The map has shrunk a bit, but it is still bigger than most other games out there.  PS, the sub payment method is better than the cash shop method.

Sure they'll fix most of the stuff and add content but by that time another biggy themeparky title like Archeage will roll out and/or DFUW will slowly perish as more indy sandbox games near their release, many have chosen to go the open world sandbox route - e.g Origins of Malu, Embers of Caerus, The Repopulation, hell I bet Camelot will be a good one too.   Competition is good.  Bring it on.

This is our time, people. And I'll be damned if I let some fanboys turn this community into supportive slaves of a company that lacks innovation. AV is just looking to make a quick buck, everyone knows how AV treats their loyal fanbase and no I don't expect them to change just like I don't expect a rapist to stop raping.   You sound mad.

Response.

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

How can you just shrug off the fact that they killed freedom and gravitated towards themepark systems due to investors? How did they kill freedom?  Are you locked into a role?  Was it due to investors, or simply the fact that only 100's of people remained?

Wanna attack that person? NOPE! You're in a safezone! Wanna be robe-wearing warrior badass monk? NOPE! Your character simply refuses to put on anything not in his class.  Then switch roles.  It will take you a lot longer to be viable though, but that was the way things were in DF1 so it should be right up your alley.

NOTE: EVEN F2P ASIAN AGE OF WUSHU DOESN'T HAVE SAFEZONES, LOL.  Then don't go in the safe zone.  The map has shrunk a bit, but it is still bigger than most other games out there.  PS, the sub payment method is better than the cash shop method.

Sure they'll fix most of the stuff and add content but by that time another biggy themeparky title like Archeage will roll out and/or DFUW will slowly perish as more indy sandbox games near their release, many have chosen to go the open world sandbox route - e.g Origins of Malu, Embers of Caerus, The Repopulation, hell I bet Camelot will be a good one too.   Competition is good.  Bring it on.

This is our time, people. And I'll be damned if I let some fanboys turn this community into supportive slaves of a company that lacks innovation. AV is just looking to make a quick buck, everyone knows how AV treats their loyal fanbase and no I don't expect them to change just like I don't expect a rapist to stop raping.   You sound mad.

Response.

I'm actually happy as shit after a fat bowl. Just glad to be living in this era of freedom, m'man! 

And you tell me to "just switch roles". LOL as if navigating through several menus and having to stand still for 30 seconds and wait  just to switch clothing or gear is generally acceptable nowadays. Hilarious. 

This discussion has been closed.