Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

excited about ff: arr? what class/job are you looking forward to?

Just wondering what everyone wants to be.  Me, i've been waiting for this to come out on ps3 it feels like forever. but n e way. I think i might go with archer/bard. what are all your thought?

Comments

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    I will be starting over with a new character when the game releases but the arcanist/summoner job seems interesting and its the only job that wasnt available in ffxiv.  But the black mage has always been my favorite.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Dragoon...I've liked the jumpy types in every FF game...I wish they made a Ronso-like race so I could make a Kihmari character hehe.  or a blue mage job :)

If I'm making a new character I'll probably be summoner though.  I never played the mage classes except upto 37 in FFXI.

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    I wish the dragoon had the pet dragon like in ffxi
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    I will be n Limsa and i will be summoner to start then ill also level Dragoon then who knows . IF and WHEN SAM comes i will ditch all and be a Samuri 

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Bard :)
  • skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

i'll lvup both ARCHER as my main, and CONJURER as secondary.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    I very much want to check out the Dragoon job. Very excited. :) 
  • whatisgoingonwhatisgoingon Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Monk all the way.

That makes two of us!

• GelthidorGelthidor Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Monk or Paladin, kinda hard to say without knowing if Paladins were fixed or not in ARR
  • reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

I loved PUP (even though most parties hated them)I hope we see those in FFXIV some day.  Otherwise I would roll a DRK if it was an option.

But of the jobs that are available, I will probably go with Bard, White Mage, Black Mage, or Summoner. Bard depending on mechanics and playstyle

I can see Pup being added at some point...Blue and Red Mage are the classes that I think have a smaller chance of being added :/

Also, I'd love a Dark Knight XD

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Have they done anything with fishing since first release?

What made FFXi so great for me was everything was doable,fishing when i tried back on release was so bad it was one of the reasons i logged out vowing to never go back.It had too many menus to click through just to get in one cast.

Also i see changes in UI,how clunky is it changing from class to class?

How viable is Summoner,in FFXI it was the tough to get high end Avatars,is it designed basically like FFXI where you can sort of get the lower Avatars relatively easy but the higher end ones are Alliance or vet group?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

What made FFXi so great for me was everything was doable,fishing when i tried back on release was so bad it was one of the reasons i logged out vowing to never go back.It had too many menus to click through just to get in one cast.

How viable is Summoner,in FFXI it was the tough to get high end Avatars,is it designed basically like FFXI where you can sort of get the lower Avatars relatively easy but the higher end ones are Alliance or vet group?

All of that is still under the NDA IIRC

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looking forward to the Marauder / Warrior
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Cant wait to try SMN and BRD.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'm always most interested in the melee combat types, Maurader/Lancer/Gladiator/Dragoon/Paladin/Warrior.

• DensetsiDensetsi Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Gelthidor

I can see Pup being added at some point...Blue and Red Mage are the classes that I think have a smaller chance of being added :/

Also, I'd love a Dark Knight XD

I think the blue mage has a pretty good chance of making it. In one of the producer letters Yoshi-P mentioned the blue mage is a player favorite and that he wanted to get more casting classes in the game. He mentioned the red mage too but it sounded like the blue mage was a sure thing eventually.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Honestly their classes confuse me. Some of them anyway...theraturge or something like that is that mage and then what about arcanist? If they have a summoner class that can actually summon different pets then that will be what I play...as well as a tank or healer as I'm really tired of not seeing end game content because Im' the wrong type of dps. GW2 had a good concept making every class viable. However I think you still need a sort of trinity set up. Perhaps like in Rift where all classes in soem way could either go heals, dps or tank.
  • k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

in ffxi you just have macro with /fish or type /fish how is that a lot of menus and clicking?

Oh and I'm looking forward to the maruader/warrior type class and secondly the archer/brd type class. The brd in ffxiv reminds me more of what a corsair in ffxi was.

• DensetsiDensetsi Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Gelthidor

All of that is still under the NDA IIRC

They have made some changes as to how fishing will be affected by the weather and time of day. And there might be a function added to help forcast the weather to help the fishermen.

That's all I really remember Yoshi-P talking about it during the producer letter, I think there is more too it but they just weren't ready to release any new information on it yet.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Back in 1.0, when they first introduced XP chains, there was a way to powerlevel classes from 1 - 50 in 2 days.  By that time, I already had 4 classes at 50, so I took the other 3 to 50 as well.

Luckily, I will have arcanist (Summoner) to work on when the game is released.  I forsee a lot more classes added along the way.  I think it would be impossible to be active on all of my classes.  I have a family and a career.

I will likely focus on three classes.  Tanking, DPS, healing.   Depending on whether Arcanist is primarily a support class or a hybrid healing class, I will likely settle on Warrior for Tank, Mnk/Dragoon as dps (depending on class mechanics and fun factor, I will settle on one) and WHM for healing, unless Arcanist can also heal.   That should keep me really busy.

I've never be one to focus on casting/dps classes.   Archer/BRD is fun and I know a lot of people loved it in 1.0 but not my cup of tea.   DRG was a DPS powerhouse in 1.0.  I think it's going to be the melee version of BLM.  Sorta like a glass cannon that has huge burst damage but you have to watch your agro or else you're dead.

I also heard MNK class mechanics have changed significantly as well.    A lot of things to look forward to.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I'd like to give Monk a whirl, seems to be a bit more active with positioning, reactives, and seems to be able to do a bit more things like heal itself, off tank, etc and looks cool to boot 
  • cyberkillcyberkill Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Hoping this goes smoother than 1.0 but I definitely want to roll monk. I am very excited because it looks like they got this game right this time 
  • emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310

The new classes have not been showcased yet.  No one knows how they work, if they live up to ffxi.  The new combat system is much different so please, whatever you think the classes will be, don't get to excited when you are let down.  My experience with mmos is that if a company is too afraid to show something, there is a reason.

• redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

My level 50 Dragoon survived the fall of Dalamud ;P

I'll be playing him, but I am going to start levelling Arcanist/SUmmoner on him as well as soon as possible!