Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wilfred deserved to die

SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
Worst ally npc ever.

Comments

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129
    This cracked me up. Nice.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    He sounded like Opie Taylor...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I just found it funny that I was playing a CLERIC, yet didn't have a Cure Light / Minor Wounds spell to cast in order to stabilize him... But I have HOLY LAZORZ!! PEW PEW PEW!!! AND MICHAEL BAYSPLOSIONS!!! KABOOM!!!

Oh, and the god you choose to worship is 'for flavor only' and makes no difference for a class which gets it's power FROM THE GOD IT WORSHIPS...

And all the holy symbols look the same...

And there's no undead turning...

So. Fucking. STUPID.

Fuck this game.

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

I just found it funny that I was playing a CLERIC, yet didn't have a Cure Light / Minor Wounds spell to cast in order to stabilize him... But I have HOLY LAZORZ!! PEW PEW PEW!!! AND MICHAEL BAYSPLOSIONS!!! KABOOM!!!

Oh, and the god you choose to worship is 'for flavor only' and makes no difference for a class which gets it's power FROM THE GOD IT WORSHIPS...

So. Fucking. STUPID.

Fuck this game.

Hey man... You need someone to talk to?

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM

So. Fucking. STUPID.

Fuck this game.

He's jsut venting, he actually is what a lot of 3.5e people are feeling.  Cryptic totally destroyed the D&D feel to the game.  Sure it's FR, has the class names, names of the powers but thats bout it.  The feel is totally gone and feels like a gimmick MMO.  It's an insult to call this game D&D.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by furbans
    Drizzit and all Twarpzzit wannbes deserve to die in my book.  Already seeing Drizzit_Im a fag names which they said that there were blocking all these copy cat names.

Saw a Drow Female named "Ditzy" earlier. Found that amusing.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

So. Fucking. STUPID.

Fuck this game.

He's jsut venting, he actually is what a lot of 3.5e people are feeling.  Cryptic totally destroyed the D&D feel to the game.  Sure it's FR, has the class names, names of the powers but thats bout it.  The feel is totally gone and feels like a gimmick MMO.  It's an insult to call this game D&D.

I felt the same way when 3/3.5ed took over and declared itself the holy d&d edition.  I'm a 1st edition fan and really didn't like 3/3.5.  The ruleset is the thing I liked least about NWN and DDO (well DDO had that stupid setting working against it too and the hideous character models).

I guess people didn't read up on 4ed and expected it to work like 3.5 even though it was billed as being based on 4th.

The intro story had to be the lamest ever.  Seriously, opening on a beach scene in a video game has been done so many times (and much better).  It's the "dark and stormy night" of mmo intros.

Still, when it comes to D&D, then DDO is still the best game out there that managed to give you the true D&D feeling.

I think you have to give Turbine credit to that how they pulled it off. As it ain't easy to use the 3.5 ruleset in a game.

Neverwinter is just another F2P MMO like one in a dozen already out there. Nothing new really.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

So. Fucking. STUPID.

Fuck this game.

Exactly. Cleric was always my class in D&D, since 2.0 (AD&D). Seeing it treated this way is just heartbreaking. I mean come on, you don't even choose an alignment in this game.

It has about as much in common with D&D as the D&D movie did, but at least the movie can be fun to watch (Jeremy Irons is a laugh riot). The game is more like the sequel; so bad it can't even be enjoyed in an ironic fashion.

Edit: I take that last part back (somewhat). IF (and it's a big IF) you can just put out of your mind that this is supposed to be D&D, the game isn't horrible. It's still not very good, but I've played worse gameplay-wise. The story is still based on all the 4E bullshit and sucks though.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I felt the same way when 3/3.5ed took over and declared itself the holy d&d edition.  I'm a 1st edition fan and really didn't like 3/3.5.  The ruleset is the thing I liked least about NWN and DDO (well DDO had that stupid setting working against it too and the hideous character models).

I guess people didn't read up on 4ed and expected it to work like 3.5 even though it was billed as being based on 4th.

The intro story had to be the lamest ever.  Seriously, opening on a beach scene in a video game has been done so many times (and much better).  It's the "dark and stormy night" of mmo intros.

Yes, First Edition all the way for me, too.  Cleric is fun but just seems odd somehow.  I keep expecting to be a mace and shield jockey, lol.  I will get used t

Oh, as for Wilf, I travelled the length of the bridge trying to find him after he was thrown behind me, just to find him in front of me, around the corner of the gate!  He deserves to die, lol.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Worst ally npc ever.

"Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death!"

- Gandalf the Grey

Wilfred is a frigging KID, prolly 17 or what! And he just suffered to see many of his friends and comrades die! Cut him some slack, will ya! I was quite saddened by his death.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• bambuchabambucha Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

I keep expecting to be a mace and shield jockey, lol.

actually there are clerics with maces. but its different class - battle cleric :P and that one isnt in game yet.  

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Draemos

So. Fucking. STUPID.

Fuck this game.

You guys should have a neck beard convention and comfort each other.  You can all meet up at Rednecksith's mom's house and play D&D in the basement,  BYO hot pockets. 

What?  Because we know what D&D is suppose to be like and could have consulted Cryptic that would have made the game 100x better?  Not everyone is gonna jump on the bandwagon just because its a new MMO or has the word D&D in the title description.  Pretty patheric how fans of NWN 1&2 can make the most accurate D&D MMO and yet major companies like Cryptic and Turbine fail at it.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Yeah, I was a cleric as well, and I didnt even have a heal spell to save him. So pathetic. But then again, this game is so anti-healer, that its almost sad.