Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two tumbs down!

12346»

Comments

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by LogicLester
    Originally posted by furbans
    Had such high hopes for Neverwinter.

I'm cherrypicking out this quote since it seems to me that a lot of the complaints about Neverwinter boil down to hoping/expecting the game to be something it's pretty obvious it was never going to be.

They called it "Dungeons & Dragons;" if they weren't going to even attempt to appeal to D&D fans, why on Earth did they call the game that?

No, the problem isn't just that it isn't what we hoped or expected, the problem is that it is just BAD from any possible perspective, and putting the single most iconic RPG badge on it just made sure that it would be subjected to harsher scrutiny.

They should have either done a better job (much, MUCH better, so maybe skip that option) or changed the names and called the game something else.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by codejack
    Originally posted by LogicLester
    Originally posted by furbans
    Had such high hopes for Neverwinter.

I'm cherrypicking out this quote since it seems to me that a lot of the complaints about Neverwinter boil down to hoping/expecting the game to be something it's pretty obvious it was never going to be.

They called it "Dungeons & Dragons;" if they weren't going to even attempt to appeal to D&D fans, why on Earth did they call the game that?

No, the problem isn't just that it isn't what we hoped or expected, the problem is that it is just BAD from any possible perspective, and putting the single most iconic RPG badge on it just made sure that it would be subjected to harsher scrutiny.

They should have either done a better job (much, MUCH better, so maybe skip that option) or changed the names and called the game something else.

oh its simple IP hype, same as with the argument going on with ESO.

this is why i kinda wish game companies would go bac to makeing new IPs but meh it is what it is.

so far the best online experence fr D&D fans is still NWN 1 or 2 take your pick,

everything else comes up short.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by stayontarget
    Are those items even needed? 
    No they are not needed. Nobody needs mounts and special companion to play the game or progress easier. Hell, you get free companions anyway.
    Originally posted by Squeak69

so far the best online experence fr D&D fans is still NWN 1 or 2 take your pick,

everything else comes up short.

Oh, if you can overlook it being in Eberron (and a few system... tweaks), DDO is excellent, although I still have NWN2 installed... which is more than I can say for Neverwinter.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by akiira69
    Originally posted by JeroKane

I don't mind to work a little to get decent items in a game.

I don't mind the studio's need to make some cash via the Item Shop.

But with the current ingame prices on vendors (currency / AD). Wow! It puts the average Asian grinder to shame.

But with the current prices on the Zen shop for a T3 mount / T3 companion.  35 - 40 dollars/euro PER character (not even account wide)!! Sorry you used to buy an entire MMO expansion for those prices.

The game is fun and gameplay decent done. It's the ingame vendors and Zen Cash Shop that instantly turned me off from this game!

Even with Cryptic's other games (CO and STO) it's not this bad. And most likely due to those games not been F2P in beginning and so have a different ingame / cash shop balance.

Sorry.... but for me Cryptic has reached a new low again.

Shame me once with CO. Shame me twice with STO. Neverwinter is third strike and out!

THe game is in OPEN BETA. The entire purpose of OPEN BETA is to shove as many players in to the servers to see what makes them CRASH. This way the developers know how to prevent such crashes.  Only SOE is dumb enough to skip this step when it comes to testing MMO's.

Beta testing

Beta testing comes after alpha testing and can be considered a form of external user acceptance testing. Versions of the software, known as beta versions, are released to a limited audience outside of the programming team. The software is released to groups of people so that further testing can ensure the product has few faults or bugs. Sometimes, beta versions are made available to the open public to increase the feedback field to a maximal number of future users.

It's a classic F2P game with classic F2P tactics. The cash shop is live! They accept REAL money and character's wont' be wiped!

F2P games launch as Open Beta and stay that way! Period!  A clever tactic to practically get away with everything!

And seeing how people like you are falling for it with open arms. They are already succeeding.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by Emeraq
    Wait... You're requesting a refund because you don't want to pay the listed prices for other items in the cash shop???  I truly hope you are declined, as you clearly state the game is fun and decently designed, so you clearly aren't unhappy with the product you received.. it's the other products that you haven't even paid for that you are pissed about... Some people amaze me.

No. It's a shame a could be great game is being ruined by UTTER COMPANY GREED!

The whole point in this game is to collect and level up Tier 3 companions and eventually get T3 gear and mounts.

The companion system is one of the MAIN features of this game.

That's why I play MMORPG's. To progress my characters.

I don't care about the Foundry. I don't have the time for it.

Rofl, That is why he plays MMORPGs.  To progress his character.  xD

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

But with the current ingame prices on vendors (currency / AD). Wow! It puts the average Asian grinder to shame.

But with the current prices on the Zen shop for a T3 mount / T3 companion.  35 - 40 dollars/euro PER character (not even account wide)!! Sorry you used to buy an entire MMO expansion for those prices.

The game is fun and gameplay decent done. It's the ingame vendors and Zen Cash Shop that instantly turned me off from this game!

Even with Cryptic's other games (CO and STO) it's not this bad. And most likely due to those games not been F2P in beginning and so have a different ingame / cash shop balance.

Shame me once with CO. Shame me twice with STO. Neverwinter is third strike and out!

THe game is in OPEN BETA. The entire purpose of OPEN BETA is to shove as many players in to the servers to see what makes them CRASH. This way the developers know how to prevent such crashes.  Only SOE is dumb enough to skip this step when it comes to testing MMO's.

Beta testing

Beta testing comes after alpha testing and can be considered a form of external user acceptance testing. Versions of the software, known as beta versions, are released to a limited audience outside of the programming team. The software is released to groups of people so that further testing can ensure the product has few faults or bugs. Sometimes, beta versions are made available to the open public to increase the feedback field to a maximal number of future users.

It's a classic F2P game with classic F2P tactics. The cash shop is live! They accept REAL money and character's wont' be wiped!

F2P games launch as Open Beta and stay that way! Period!  A clever tactic to practically get away with everything!

And seeing how people like you are falling for it with open arms. They are already succeeding.

Open Beta Characters are never whiped if you did Beta Testing before you would know this. Beta stages 1 - 3 have character whipes at the start of each new testing cycle. Open Beta Testing never does. THis is has been the standard for all beta testing.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Open Beta Characters are never whiped if you did Beta Testing before you would know this. Beta stages 1 - 3 have character whipes at the start of each new testing cycle. Open Beta Testing never does. THis is has been the standard for all beta testing.

Dude, just stop hurting yourself attempting to say open beta is an excuse for a possible crappy game in peoples eyes. If someone doesn't like it they don't like it , period. Saying it's beta doesn't change that fact. Let it go.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

That's only true for F2P games. F2P games always hard launch during open betas. Cash shop up and running,characters not getting wiped = launch.

When the game officialy launches there will be way less new players slamming the servers than today.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by kompleksaki
    Originally posted by akiira69 Open Beta Characters are never whiped if you did Beta Testing before you would know this. Beta stages 1 - 3 have character whipes at the start of each new testing cycle. Open Beta Testing never does. THis is has been the standard for all beta testing.

That's only true for F2P games. F2P games always hard launch during open betas. Cash shop up and running,characters not getting wiped = launch.

When the game officialy launches there will be way less new players slamming the servers than today.

SWTOR and DC Universe did not have wipes between beta and launch.
  • akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by chaintm

Dude, just stop hurting yourself attempting to say open beta is an excuse for a possible crappy game in peoples eyes. If someone doesn't like it they don't like it , period. Saying it's beta doesn't change that fact. Let it go.

Tell me a game in BETA TESTING(whether its stage 1, 2 , 3 or Open Beta Testng) that has had ZERO issues. Ill give you untill the end of the year(though I doubt youll need at as there is no such game).

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

Originally posted by chaintm

Tell me a game in BETA TESTING(whether its stage 1, 2 , 3 or Open Beta Testng) that has had ZERO issues. Ill give you untill the end of the year(though I doubt youll need at as there is no such game).

Are they going to completely overhaul the interface, combat mechanics, and class selection and progression? 

Bugs we understand; just making a crappy game is something else.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by akiira69 Open Beta Characters are never whiped if you did Beta Testing before you would know this. Beta stages 1 - 3 have character whipes at the start of each new testing cycle. Open Beta Testing never does. THis is has been the standard for all beta testing.

Total and utter BS,  SWTOR DID have whipes if memory is correct.  Now there was an early access phase but they did have char wipes between beta and launch.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Originally posted by stayontarget
    Are those items even needed?

No they are not needed. Nobody needs mounts and special companion to play the game or progress easier. Hell, you get free companions anyway.

Except you will have to spend 2 mill for training otherwise for the mount.  A car is not neccessary in life technically yet everyone pretty much views it as a mandatory asset.

• JDogg126JDogg126 Member UncommonPosts: 44

lol.  just stop playing free to play games if you don't like the reality that these games are in no way, shape, or form actually free to play.  you'll either spend real money for cash currency (zen) or you'll need to play alot to build up the time currency (astral diamonds) in the game in order to convert it to cash currency.  either way it is not free and what you want to buy will determine if you need the zen or the astral diamonds.  whether you pay with your time or your money is completely up to you and your situation.  if you go into this game expecting to pay $15 a month like a sub game you'll be much happier as a player in any free to play game not just this one.

one last thing.. you cannot go into a free to play game with pay to play expectations.  of course you're going to see convenience and vanity items you want and covet.  of course.  it's how they pay the bills and feed their kids.  they completely eliminated the barrier to entry for everyone but the community that plays this game does need to support it financially.  everyone should spend at least a little bit of money if you like the game.  the end.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

Thankfully I have no need at all for any of the mounts or companions in their shop.

If I did, I would just wait for the game to be released in Asia, get the Asian client and pay 1/4th the price because like all PWI games, they charge far far more in the west.

I will not support any one of their games with money in the west as long as they do that, and sooner or later, they will learn and lower their prices. There is no reason at all for a virtual item to have one price in one country, and a different price someplace else. There is no production, shipping, importing or taxes to pay for.

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

You obviously confuse early access with open beta.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

If you don't like microtransaction mmorpg's and from your various forum posts I assumed - then man up finally and stop playing them !    Seriously...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

When did outrageously overpriced items became the norm for F2P?

Good way to kill yourself as a company, that's for sure.