Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Neverwinter Server Status

RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon

Hey everyone,

Just wondering where we are on the server status. Is anyone able to get back in or have been lucky enough to get in recently?

Comments

• WarjinWarjin Harrisburg, PAPosts: 1,215Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Hey everyone,

Just wondering where we are on the server status. Is anyone able to get back in or have been lucky enough to get in recently?

8000 in que : )

• RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Warjin
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Hey everyone,

8000 in que : )

Oh jeez, there goes my playtime tonight.

• JyiigaJyiiga Seneca, SCPosts: 1,042Member Uncommon
    If this queue stuff lasts more than a day.. I will just macro and keep the client open every second of the day. 
  • Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Dixon, ILPosts: 175Member Common

Founders better get first dibs or else I'm gonna....

I kid, I kid.

But actually...

• redrain84redrain84 Inglewood, CAPosts: 53Member
    Yes, I was playing earlier today, but it was so buggy I just  logged off. I couldnt enjoy the game.I saw alot of people hating on the game while playing, saying it was a failure at launch.  I dont know if it will do well or not. I hope it does but who know's....
  • spikers14spikers14 las vegas, NVPosts: 362Member Uncommon

9 AM - White Launcher problem. Can't login. (rampant posts on NW forums)

11 AM - Server Maintenance

12:15 PM - A post regarding several possible fixes to the white launcher/timeout problem.

12:30 PM - At step eight of said fix, downloaded a new .exe file directly from PW to replace the old one. This fixed my login issue.

12:35 PM - Logged in and created character. Decent options in this regard. Once in game, rubberbanding and lag rampant. Played for about 20 minutes. Looks like it could be fun?

12:55 PM - Logged out. Decided to come back in a couple hours to try again.

3:00 PM - There is a queue now, I am somewhere between 3064 and 24898 in line.

4:00 PM - Still in the queue, with wildly fluxuating queue number. Currently at 24460..no wait...12555

• wordizwordiz Eugene, ORPosts: 464Member

It's pretty bad right now. Like I've been saying though, I've literally heard nothing but negative things about the game until a day ago. It seems like half the online gaming community decided to play the game overnight. Guess I should have seen it coming being f2p. Perfectworld/Cryptic should have too, and created more that 3 servers for launch. I've also heard complaints from the RP community, who are trying to establish one of the current 3 as the RP server because they weren't given one (or two, being that it's D&D and Neverwinter).

However, I'm trying not to blame them due to the fact that so many games suffer from server merging and it looks really bad for a game...and not only that but they've probably been reading these forums thinking, "Well, looks like everyone hates our game."

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Richmond, VAPosts: 1,538Member Common
    Originally posted by spikers14

9 AM - White Launcher problem. Can't login. (rampant posts on NW forums)

11 AM - Server Maintenance

12:15 PM - A post regarding several possible fixes to the white launcher/timeout problem.

12:30 PM - At step eight of said fix, downloaded a new .exe file directly from PW to replace the old one. This fixed my login issue.

12:35 PM - Logged in and created character. Decent options in this regard. Once in game, rubberbanding and lag rampant. Played for about 20 minutes. Looks like it could be fun?

12:55 PM - Logged out. Decided to come back in a couple hours to try again.

3:00 PM - There is a queue now, I am somewhere between 3064 and 24898 in line.

4:00 PM - Still in the queue, with wildly fluxuating queue number. Currently at 24460..no wait...12555

enter queue...8,000ish

walk to the grocery store, come back 10 minutes later...16,080

Not sure PWE understands how a queue is supposed to work

I was able to play 15 minutes earlier, and Ill say these few things:

The initial video is pretty cool, makes you want to play a rogue...then a wizard...then a cleric...then a warrior

Much better race choices than most recent games.  Obviously were in DnD so we are getting standard races, but at least they put more of them in than DDO did.  Customization is also above average compared to recent games.  thats not saying a lot, but still..

Nice touch with the different rp flavor things at start up, hometown, affiliation, and entering a bio (if you choose) at character creation.

very wise decision to go with a diablo style control scheme.  

It seemed the newbie zone was capped at 4 players, very very strange.

I like the potential for this game to be a potentially fun time waster, and I cant wait to try out foundry

Originally posted by wordiz

It's pretty bad right now. Like I've been saying though, I've literally heard nothing but negative things about the game until a day ago. It seems like half the online gaming community decided to play the game overnight. Guess I should have seen it coming being f2p. Perfectworld/Cryptic should have too, and created more that 3 servers for launch. I've also heard complaints from the RP community, who are trying to establish one of the current 3 as the RP server because they weren't given one (or two, being that it's D&D and Neverwinter).

However, I'm trying not to blame them due to the fact that so many games suffer from server merging and it looks really bad for a game...and not only that but they've probably been reading these forums thinking, "Well, looks like everyone hates our game."

solution to this:  have servers with a planned merge date..Say right at launch...these two servers are temporary sister servers to Mindflayer and will be merged shortly after release.  have the naming check for names on the sister servers so no one loses a name to the merge.

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 lincoln, NEPosts: 175Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

solution to this:  have servers with a planned merge date..Say right at launch...these two servers are temporary sister servers to Mindflayer and will be merged shortly after release.  have the naming check for names on the sister servers so no one loses a name to the merge.

dude, stop making so much sense.  all kidding aside, another launch day, another fiasco.  when will these companies ever learn ?  its not like they just found out the other day its launching April 30th. 

looks like the queue is working correctly now, hope i didnt jinx myself
  • reploidxreploidx Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 320Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    looks like the queue is working correctly now, hope i didnt jinx myself

It's not. I went from 6033 to 550,000

• DraemosDraemos Antartica, AKPosts: 1,469Member

The servers are all being merged into one server after launch, just like all Cryptic games. There was never any intention for there to be more than 1 server, the extra servers are just to relieves stress for launch. That's why there is no RP server, it would be pointless.