Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legendary FAIL of EPIC scale!

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
If you alt-tab or minimize while in que (5000 average) it will reset you to 50000+!!!!!!

Comments

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev
    If you alt-tab or minimize while in que (5000 average) it will reset you to 50000+!!!!!!

1.  Its a known bug that they are working on fixing.

2.  What part of open beta do you not understand?  It's still undergoing testing/fixing.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    lol the melodrama of launches/soft launches never ceases to amaze me

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RangeronesixRangeronesix Member Posts: 5

Actually, it won't.  I've been alt tabbing all night working while I wait for the que, and I'm currently < 100.

Just alt-tabbed to check, I'm at 53.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    This is open beta. The only fail is the OP. this is when they stress the servers, and find bugs to fix. 
  • ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/ have darth vader scream noooooo for you.
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    If the tears of a raging nerd could be sold for money they would be knocking on your door first OP.
  • JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    A river, cry me one.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Holy... that was like three of some of the most used buzz words/phrases dealing with MMOs in one title.  If only he could have fit "Elite" and "WoW clone" in there as well.  Possibly even "second coming" since that one has gained popularity in the last 8 or so months.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

Really? That's strange. I had a 7400+ queue, so I alt tabbed, then decided to watch Star Trek. It was the episode where Picard get's turned into a little kid. Kinda dumb. :/ 

But anyhoo...when I came back I was met with the "Press Any Key" screen, and blamo! In I was. 

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    This is open beta. The only fail is the OP. this is when they stress the servers, and find bugs to fix. 

If anyone can start playing the game today without worrying about character wipes, it's a "launch".  

We really need to stop sticking up for companies who release unfinished products then hide behind terms like "soft launch" or "open beta".

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

If anyone can start playing the game today without worrying about character wipes, it's a "launch".  

We really need to stop sticking up for companies who release unfinished products then hide behind terms like "soft launch" or "open beta".

I'm sorry, but some issues just need a live test audience to figure out. What you're talking about is essentially that games based around living, breathing social dynamics should be flawless before they even get a chance to interact with said people on a large scale.

That's jut not realistic, and impossible. How quickly we forget that even games like WoW had massive issues at launch. ANY form of public mass-service is going to have issues when it's first exposed. Videogame or not. The more complex a thing is, the more issues you can expect to see. It's a nature of the beast.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I think without posts like these (OP's not yours lol), the forum would get 50% fewer hits per year.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well well, aren't you a very entitled little teddy bear.  People hate character wipes, but they like a game to be in working condition.  You try to give them BOTH and people call it a failure.

Amazing.

You keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep better at night. But sadly today the only thing that launched was an open beta aka stress test.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by aesperus

I'm sorry, but some issues just need a live test audience to figure out. What you're talking about is essentially that games based around living, breathing social dynamics should be flawless before they even get a chance to interact with said people on a large scale.

That's jut not realistic, and impossible. How quickly we forget that even games like WoW had massive issues at launch. ANY form of public mass-service is going to have issues when it's first exposed. Videogame or not. The more complex a thing is, the more issues you can expect to see. It's a nature of the beast.

True. But that's not nearly as fun as rebelling against the man for selling you a product that is technically never finished. I prefer to put on a superior guise, and tell the internet how much their game sucks, and how my opinion is not only better...but fact! 

Oh wait, that's not me at all. 

Trust me, I understand the issues that come with MMO launches and would never expect any MMO to have a flawless launch.  My point is that I find it fairly pathetic that Cryptic (or PW) is calling the launch an "open beta soft launch" to avoid any accountability when it comes to quality. 

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    It does say some ridiculous number but it is incorrect, it is actually still counting down.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

Trust me, I understand the issues that come with MMO launches and would never expect any MMO to have a flawless launch.  My point is that I find it fairly pathetic that Cryptic (or PW) is calling the launch an "open beta soft launch" to avoid any accountability when it comes to quality. 

LOL if you have been around the industry for awhile and played many f2p games, these soft launch/open betas are pretty standard practice..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Is that what causes it?  I dunno, but it doesn't actually make you wait any longer, it just throughs the que display number out of whack for whatever reason.  It took the same amount of time for me though even after I skyrocketed from 5k to 43k, it just took a minute for it to go back to normal.

Lol name a AAA titles that went full launch without an open beta stress test. The closed beta had people singing praise. Today was the launch of an open beta stress test. Just like countless games before it have had. Just because cryptic made a business decision to try to make their customers happy and allow them to keep their characters after this process does not change the fact that today's launch is not an official live launch but a beta test launch for a game that does not require a physical purchase.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

.....its funny stuff for sure, its good laughs for all!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Lol name a AAA titles that went full launch without an open beta stress test. The closed beta had people singing praise. Today was the launch of an open beta stress test. Just like countless games before it have had. Just because cryptic made a business decision to try to make their customers happy and allow them to keep their characters after this process does not change the fact that today's launch is not an official live launch but a beta test launch for a game that does not require a physical purchase.

no character wipe though.  I have never seen a beta without one for an AAA title.

LOL if you have been around the industry for awhile and played many f2p games, these soft launch/open betas are pretty standard practice..

I have been playing MMO's since 2003.  Admittedly I do not play a lot of F2P games but I do pay attention to what's coming out and I have never seen an "open beta soft launch". 

I've seen soft launches and I've certainly seen open betas but this new tactic is another example of the genre taking a step in the wrong direction.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69
    queue ...

I have been playing MMO's since 2003.  Admittedly I do not play a lot of F2P games but I do pay attention to what's coming out and I have never seen an "open beta soft launch". 

I've seen soft launches and I've certainly seen open betas but this new tactic is another example of the genre taking a step in the wrong direction.

i posted this in the other thread but its basically the same argument so ill repost

almost all F2P games do this.. gpotato games, aeria games, Nexxon, all the big F2P companies do extended soft launches/open betas and many times they go on for 6 months+ and generally no character wipes once they hit that stage also.. my guess is since NWO is one of the first more "mainstream" f2p releases many people don't understand this sort of "soft launch"/open beta is standard practice for these types of games