Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so the new alerts system

ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

what you think?

I quite like it as it adds a different strategy, in that when you jump on an alert its more important to split up into squads and go on a territory grab than during normal play.  Gives the game more variety and a little more meta game that was sadly lacking compared to the first planetside.  (would still like more meta game like continent locking and bridge battles though)

Also looking forwards to the future stuff like the map changes and they way influence works with the map. And the more long term sandbox continet / sea battles.

Not keen on the esports thing though, wish theyd drop that idea, its the wrong game for it.

Comments

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Overall Im positive about it, there are some things about the alert system unfortunately brings into light of empire imbalances on some servers, it really chocks up the issue of  those wanting to be on the winning side all the time. 

additionally since there are only 3 maps at the moment (until hossin and searhus etc. get released)  the alert system is at risk of becoming stale for players that dont like following orders, or players who are forced to follow the battle, whic happens to be on a continent that they hate most  (a.k.a.  Indar..or CrownLand).

when more options open up in the game as well as vehicles, land, battleflow and whatever else.  i think the alert system will have more leg room to walk around and do its thing

• LuperzaLuperza Member Posts: 23

Glad to see y'all are liking the Alerts System. There's more coming down the line. This was just the first phase of the system. 

You can check out this video I created that goes over the system as well. :D 

http://youtu.be/9D5dY1gRnW8

Margaret "Luperza" Krohn
    Your Friendly Community Relations Representative
    @PurrfectStorm | Friday Night Ops