Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon payments keep failing, nooooo

Comments

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Let this be a lesson folks, don't wait until the last minute.

For anything.

Ever.

Yah...that's how I became a father at a young age...

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299
    It was building some crazy momentum. I'm more than a little annoyed at the moment.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Taldier
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Big deal, pledge another day when its working, KS runs for a month.

Whats a few hours out of a month?

Considering the campaign is over in 42 hours, if the issue is persistent it could be very damaging leading up to the final push to get funded.

Some hours are more important than others.  The Pathfinder Online KS got a couple hundred thousand dollars in "just a few hours" at the end of its run.

If it remains down for the next 42 hours or the majority of those 42 hours then ok, fine but getting worked up because its down for a short period is a bit daft.

Otherwise, big whoop. People who leave things to the last minute run this kind of risk in any facet of life.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

Let this be a lesson folks, don't wait until the last minute.

For anything.

Ever.

Yah...that's how I became a father at a young age...

I am so fortunate to have not been taking a drink when I read that.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by Mkilbride
    Not really, dangerous to post on this forum, but if you can't pay your pledge, you're fine. Simply put, if you pledge 10,000$ and only have 2,000$, you don't have to pay anything. You simply withdraw your pledge.

I think if it funded with say 2,001,000 and a card was declined for  5000 then it still classes as funded for kickstarter.

Quick then someone pledge 300k =-)

Really.... so now you are encouraing fraud? Do not pledge more than you can afford. Depending on your payment method this could have detrimental effects to Kickstarter, the project, and of course yourself. Please be responsible and don't promote this kind of thing. 

The spam, begging, and harassment is bad enough but for this community to start encouraging fraud that takes it to a whole new level of bad.  

• TaldierTaldier Member CommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Not really, dangerous to post on this forum, but if you can't pay your pledge, you're fine. Simply put, if you pledge 10,000$ and only have 2,000$, you don't have to pay anything. You simply withdraw your pledge.

I think if it funded with say 2,001,000 and a card was declined for  5000 then it still classes as funded for kickstarter.

Really.... so now you are encouraing fraud? Do not pledge more than you can afford. Depending on your payment method this could have detrimental effects to Kickstarter, the project, and of course yourself. Please be responsible and don't promote this kind of thing. 

The spam, begging, and harassment is bad enough but for this community to start encouraging fraud that takes it to a whole new level of bad.  

404 Error

Sense of humor not found.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

He's joking, hence the emoticon.....I think everyone except you realised this.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Originally posted by Taldier

404 Error

Sense of humor not found.

Error is most likely due to the CU spam virus. Once we have updated our definitions the error should be corrected. 

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Oh noes the ks lost $500 the world is gonna end someone quick press this button.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

So, now when it fails they can blame it on Amazon, instead of blaming the campaign?

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by DocBrody

So, now when it fails they can blame it on Amazon, instead of blaming the campaign?

It's not going to fail, there's so many of us ready to double our pledges if we have too I bet. It will fund.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Bo0000om!
  • TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Quite the opposite. I think the big influx of backers / dollars from the penny arcade article, and tons of comments on it after, actually broke the amazon server used for handling those payments from kickstarter.

LOL!

Can't wait to see how much it goes up when it turns back on. Talk about the floodgates opening!

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Tayah

It's not going to fail, there's so many of us ready to double our pledges if we have too I bet. It will fund.

Mind if I ask why you didn't just double your pledge to begin with?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by Tuktz

Quite the opposite. I think the big influx of backers / dollars from the penny arcade article, and tons of comments on it after, actually broke the amazon server used for handling those payments from kickstarter.

LOL!

Can't wait to see how much it goes up when it turns back on. Talk about the floodgates opening!

Yeah, because the number of people trying to back CU is way more than the Amazon payment system can handle. I mean, sure it can handle the massive amount of GW2 and Mist of Panderia sales, but CU backers... now thats just to many people.

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90

LOL!

Yeah, because the number of people trying to back CU is way more than the Amazon payment system can handle. I mean, sure it can handle the massive amount of GW2 and Mist of Panderia sales, but CU backers... now thats just to many people.

Somebody must have farted in this guy's bowl of cereal this morning.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Tayah

Mind if I ask why you didn't just double your pledge to begin with?

Yeah, double now and we can start talking stretch goals and paypal monies will pour in....Go go go go!!!

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

LOL!

This is just a ridiculous statement. This project barely has 10.000 backers, I've seen better game projects with more than 90.000 backers and Amazon never broke down. Stop these hype exaggerations please.

Star Citizen 170.000 backers total on site and KS

Double Fine 90.000 on KS

Elite Dangerous 25.000 on KS

CU 10.000.... lol

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    FYI, the issue seems to have been fixed. Pledge away!

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Never understood why KS chose to use amazon anyway. 
  • chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Never understood why KS chose to use amazon anyway. 

Fees ;)

I do hope you guys get it, but 6k an hour is pretty steep.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

LOL!

This is just a ridiculous statement. This project barely has 10.000 backers, I've seen better game projects with more than 90.000 backers and Amazon never broke down. Stop these hype exaggerations please.

Double Fine 90.000 on KS

CU 10.000.... lol

This whole campaign is very suspicious. So little backers yet so many "high rollers". No one can convince me that regular gamers pledged $500 - $5000. [mod edit]

Baffled!

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by taus01

LOL!

Double Fine 90.000 on KS

CU 10.000.... lol

This whole campaign is very suspicious. So little backers yet so many "high rollers". No one can convince me that regular gamers pledged $500 - $5000. [mod edit]

Baffled!

The average pledge is $161.00, so I'm not sure where you're coming up with your numbers.

Edit: But yeah, it is silly to think that a few hundred pledges on the KS campaign would 'break' amazon when you consider the volume of transactions they handle daily outside of KS.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Originally posted by taus01
    ~snip~

Double Fine 90.000 on KS

CU 10.000.... lol

Baffled!

The average pledge is $161.00, so I'm not sure where you're coming up with your numbers.

I am not coming up with anything, you basically made my point. The numbers are right there for you to check. Similar projects have a third or less of that as average pledge.

DoubleFine: $38

Torment: $56

Shroud: $68

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

I know my guild thats sub 20 members has pledged about 5k, one of our allies who is much larger has pledged over 10k....theres simply no other open PvP games to get excited about...may aswell throw money at the guy who made the best pvp game and then still even though he crapped a turd(WAR) it still shines better than all the other recent turds crapped out.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.