Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Latest Game Director's Letter Arrives

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Joel Bylos has taken to the Age of Conan: Unchained site to post the latest game director's letter. In it, Joel discusses the multi-phased transition to single server tech similar to what is utilized by The Secret World. Then Bylos goes on to announce several significant changes including some PvP revamps and a delay in the overhaul of the tradeskill feature.

Let me try and give you a little inside information on how the process is currently looking.

Functionally it works in our internal builds, in that you can break down items (not all of them) and combine items and discover recipes.

However, it is missing most of the background work that needs to be done in order for it to work in the game and the game systems. This includes the Guild Renown system which will need to be updated to use the new crafting system, Battlekeeps and Guild Cities and even the much-loved Shrines of Bori PvP game. All of these features interact with the old crafting system on some level and they all require updates to be able to be used with the new crafting system.

Read more on the Age of Conan: Unchained site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

... oh Funcom, seriously. The whole company never listens to their community. The whole forum is full of complains regarding this, that users are literally being ignored. For months, even for years now.

And then what update do we get? Fantastic concept arts of ARMOR ... are you kidding me ...

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    This is a great game, and a lot of the F2P restrictions have been lifted now making it more worthwhile to play. A great AAA MMO imo.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Cool sounds like great improvements, i like it
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Totally forgot this game was still up.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Nice new infos. The crafting revamp delay was covered in Grakulen's video as well, but probably not every AoC player following mmorpg :)

same goes to single server tech, the Pve population will be amazing after they'll be brought together. I'm a bit concermed though, haven't find any info about the physical merge, I wonder where will be the final location... (as the LotRO server transfer showed, if our servers are dragged over the Atlantic that means a + 80-150ms ping to us)

Nem 6-man dungeons are always welcomed. Pvp is not my cup of tea (but I admit I coughed up some of those tea I lol'd so hard on the "much-loved Shrines of Bori PvP game" part  :D )

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Imo AoC has the best setting, world, music, environments, artistic direction, class & armor design and combat in all mmos. That's why i always come back to it but i wish they made it their priority mmo instead TSW since that is one hell of a stillborn game (and i waited for it for years as a huge HPL fan). Too bad they mismanaged the game for years but still, it has a community that just won't die.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Gotta love how AoC gives 'phases' but no actual tangible timeline for any of it. About May? Yea, I'll believe it when I see it.
  • darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111
    aslong as they dont give players who bought the expansion (and are lvl 80) access to the lvl 80 areas...they can go **ck themselfs
  • mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Keep up the good work AoC. I do really enjoy the game a lot.
    Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

And here is why you can't believe one word this guy is saying. Much loved Shrines of Bori. If anything was hated with a passion by pretty much all it was shrines of bori. Lets make a PvP addon by having them do PvE.

Asfor the singleserver tech. It's pointless as the game population is horrid anyway.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by black_isle
    Imo AoC has the best setting, world, music, environments, artistic direction, class & armor design and combat in all mmos. That's why i always come back to it but i wish they made it their priority mmo instead TSW since that is one hell of a stillborn game (and i waited for it for years as a huge HPL fan). Too bad they mismanaged the game for years but still, it has a community that just won't die.

It did before GW2 came along. AOC still has better armor design I think, but GW2 outshines it in just about every other way. Imagine in AOC had GW2s action combat and wvw!

• kingsatanaskingsatanas Member Posts: 31
    i played a while ago and tried again last year and still the game is super hard most of people are stuck doing the 3 first raid funcom release content only for a bunch of people like 1 or 2 guild on the whole server. take around 2hrs to get a full grpe for a simple instance and still too hard everyone left before kill the first bosse. great game but too hard. im gonna pass on moonwalk fight for the next year ......
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    Originally posted by black_isle

It did before GW2 came along. AOC still has better armor design I think, but GW2 outshines it in just about every other way. Imagine in AOC had GW2s action combat and wvw!

No way. GW2 is nice, but it isn't comparable to AoC. GW2 looks good for the backgrounds and its hand painted look. The problem with GW2 graphics are the muddy, low resolution textures. I think Final Fantasy 14 ARR is pretty close to AoC though.....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?