Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• KenichiKenichi Portland, ORPosts: 109Member
    Numbers are looking good, the major kicks are coming in. I have a good feeling it is going to fund.
  • GyrusGyrus Lost City of ZPosts: 2,329Member Uncommon

Is Stat Tracker working?

http://www.kickstat.net/kscamelot/camelotks.php

I ask because some of the stats on it are really weird...

What are the odds that 11 of the $3251 pledge holders (Twin homes with a view) cancelled and 11 people took up $5000 pledges?

Particularly since there are only supposed to be 10 spots for the $3251 pledge to begin with?

I understand that some backers are upping their pledges but these stats look a little off to me?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    At the rate it's going, there's a great chance it will reach $1.75 million today. That's a level I've been looking at as what it would need to get to before the final days in order to have a high chance of success. Nothing is certain yet of course, but I'm liking its chances.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Gyrus

Is Stat Tracker working?

http://www.kickstat.net/kscamelot/camelotks.php

I ask because some of the stats on it are really weird...

What are the odds that 11 of the $3251 pledge holders (Twin homes with a view) cancelled and 11 people took up $5000 pledges?

Particularly since there are only supposed to be 10 spots for the $3251 pledge to begin with?

I understand that some backers are upping their pledges but these stats look a little off to me?

There's nothing strange here.

A new "Twin homes" category was added somewhere in the last 12 hours:

$3,251 with 10 slots available (5 of which have already been taken)

The original $3,250 category is still there (10 out of 10 taken). So, if you missed out on the original 10 slots, now's your chance to grab one, but they're selling fast :)

In the last 12 hours roughly $54K was added to the total, with 210 new backers.

But out of that $54K, $32K was bid by just 41 backers (~$800 each).

The campaign is slowly but steadily becoming more top-heavy, average per backer is now at $161 each.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Wanaque, NJPosts: 286Member

Myself and a couple of buddies just signed up for the Hero bundle ($120).   We've been on the fence but this morning we said screw it, this is a pretty big moment for the genre. 

Keeping my fingers crossed and spreading the word to a few of my other gaming friends. 

Originally posted by fat_taddler

Myself and a couple of buddies just signed up for the Hero bundle ($120).   We've been on the fence but this morning we said screw it, this is a pretty big moment for the genre. 

Keeping my fingers crossed and spreading the word to a few of my other gaming friends. 

The $110 Young Hero tier is a better deal imo since it has alpha instead of beta 1 and the 7% reduced sub. You can still put in $120 as your donation but select the $110 tier as your reward tier if you wish.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• TuktzTuktz Atlanta, GAPosts: 299Member

86% funded with 50 hours to go! Lookin good! Nearly 11k backers now too, wow!

Last I checked, only need an additional $26 per backer to hit the goal. Between current backers upping their pledge, and the huge influx of new backers we've been getting, I think we're right on track.

The huge influx in the numbers of backers has been truley amazing the last few days.

Still gonna be a nerve wracking 50 hours though haha.

Can't wait to see what happens after Paypal gets turned on though. =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

Originally posted by Tuktz

Can't wait to see what happens after Paypal gets turned on though. =)

Yeah we need the archer classes at launch. $2.1 million or bust....

Camelot Unchained Backer

• GKermichilGKermichil Hibernia, IDPosts: 32Member

I really like this link:  http://cu-additional-pledge.herokuapp.com/

We're down $26 more dollars per backer to get this thing funded.  Really isn't that much of a strech.  Just buy a few additional founders points.

$10 – Receive an additional 10 FPs
    $25 – Receive an additional 30 FPs
    $50 – Receive an additional 70 FPs
    $100 - Receive an additional 155 FPs

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148 1, NJPosts: 6,690Member
    They need something like 280k in less that 48 hours.  I have a funny feeling someone's " friend " is going to donate a nice chunk of change to make sure it gets backed. 
  • outd00rmineroutd00rminer Hollywood, FLPosts: 37Member

Its going to make it.  It'll reach around 1.8-1.85 after today which is a good position entering the big final 24 hour push.

I'm super confident it'll fund.  I wasn't a week ago.

• erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon

This morning alone lhe last 10k pledge and all the other high end dollar pledges just got bough.  Something seams very fishy.  I wonder if MJ is buying up all the high dollar mark ones trying to force it to fund. 

• GaladhonGaladhon Mobile, ALPosts: 6Member
    And MJ is also bringing in the hundred's of backers that have come on  board in the last few hours.  C'mon now.
  • KelmantorKelmantor København ØPosts: 5Member
    Originally posted by erictlewis

This morning alone lhe last 10k pledge and all the other high end dollar pledges just got bough.  Something seams very fishy.  I wonder if MJ is buying up all the high dollar mark ones trying to force it to fund. 

It seems more likely that the campaign is simply following the normal pattern for Kickstarter projects.. There's always a huge increase in pledges in the end. Especially in projects of this size..

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    I don't know, the video persuaded me as a pvper to make a little pledge.

I'm glad latency, fps and players on screen is taking priority over flashy graphics.

Now a TESO / wow / swtor style flashy marketing video that looks nothing like the game, that would have had the opposite effect.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Also I was holding off in case it funded anyway.
    Originally posted by GKermichil

We're down $26 more dollars per backer to get this thing funded.  Really isn't that much of a strech.  Just buy a few additional founders points.

I find the current list of items in the Founder's Exchange to be very lackluster. There really isn't one item in there that I can't easily live without. I understand Mark is going to have an update soon announcing a revamp of the FP store, so hopefully there will be some new things that make FPs more valuable and will make me think about donating above my selected reward tier.

Camelot Unchained Backer

• NegativeXNegativeX Denver, COPosts: 100Member
    Originally posted by meddyck

I find the current list of items in the Founder's Exchange to be very lackluster. There really isn't one item in there that I can't easily live without. I understand Mark is going to have an update soon announcing a revamp of the FP store, so hopefully there will be some new things that make FPs more valuable and will make me think about donating above my selected reward tier.

Yeah I agree, needs to be more items. But he's working on it.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Operation: Join And Concentrate Our Backer Strength for Camelot Unchained
    aka J.A.C.O.B.S for CU will save us all, because only we can save ourselves.

I can guarantee that this game will still fund, I never had a doubt. Wanna know how I got these scarrrr...wait thats not my line...

Wanna know how I knew that? Wanna know my secret? It’s not MJ, or Andrew, or anyone at CSE. It’s not a website, an interview, or a live stream. It’s not even 1 uber wealthy backer (it can’t be that easy right?). Wanna know who the pale rider is? It’s us, all of us, the community that has formed around this game. One month ago we were the forgotten children of a genre that left us behind to chase dollars and cents. Now we’re nearly 12 thousand strong, united, standing shoulder to shoulder on the battlefield, a community that has humbled and inspired.

We are in a strange place, our fate is literally in our own hands, it’s a blessing and a curse. We are $25 more per backer away from funding. I’ve put 10 years and 30 days into this genre, I’m not gonna let $25 stop me from taking it back!

http://cu-additional-pledge.herokuapp.com/

It’s out of Jacob’s hands, it’s in ours now. We can either make this happen, right here, right now, or we can walk away knowing it slipped between our carpal tunnel riddled fingers.

“Enough is enough, it’s time for a change”, we are that change!

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

This just in, if we maintain our current pace we wont just fund, WE WILL FUND TODAY!

(Goes to oven, puts in several pies)

• SBE1SBE1 New York, NYPosts: 335Member
    Originally posted by Tierless

This just in, if we maintain our current pace we wont just fund, WE WILL FUND TODAY!

What are you talking about?  They have exactly 48 hours left, and over the past few days they have been raising about $70,000 a day.  So, that's $140,000 and they are currently @ $1.73 million, or with an additional $0.14m that's $1.87m by the end of the KS.  

Seriously, you guys need to learn math. 

• GyrusGyrus Lost City of ZPosts: 2,329Member Uncommon

WTF?

Is this for real?

So, less than 48 hours from KS close off Mark Jacobs is going to either:

Completely 'change the rules' - potentially pulling the rug out from under those who have already pledged?

OR change the value of items / add / subtract items when many people might not have time to react?

Not to mention - this from a man who claimed to dislike "in game" microtransactions stores in the first place?

Where did he say this?

Link and quote please?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• GaladhonGaladhon Mobile, ALPosts: 6Member
    Originally posted by SBE1

What are you talking about?  They have exactly 48 hours left, and over the past few days they have been raising about $70,000 a day.  So, that's $140,000 and they are currently @ $1.73 million, or with an additional $0.14m that's $1.87m by the end of the KS.  

In the last 12 hours or so the KS has gained over 100k.  So there is a small chance it funds today.

Originally posted by SBE1

Yeah he is way off. By my incredibly crude estimate, we would make another roughly $61,000 today if it continued at the same pace it has since midnight which would put it around $1.8 million by day's end. So... not funding today. But certainly getting closer.

Camelot Unchained Backer

• NegativeXNegativeX Denver, COPosts: 100Member
    Originally posted by Gyrus

WTF?

Is this for real?

So, less than 48 hours from KS close off Mark Jacobs is going to either:

Completely 'change the rules' - potentially pulling the rug out from under those who have already pledged?

OR change the value of items / add / subtract items when many people might not have time to react?

Not to mention - this from a man who claimed to dislike "in game" microtransactions stores in the first place?

Where did he say this?

Link and quote please?

"[MJ] Here are some new FE possible adds: 1. Voice packs 2. Custom beard sets 3. Special dance (personally, I hate this but those young gals/guys in the office love it) 4. Special drink emotes 5. Founder's Housing Pack - 'X' unique items (all cosmetic) 6. Training dummy to put in front of house with special skin 7. Special Founder's soul animation when taken 8. Special founder's "lawn duck" - No charge. You guys rock. 9. Dolls of CSE team to wave around."

Nothing is definite, but he's merely considering adding things. And this isn't microtranactions, but merely bonus items for KS backers.

Nothing like this will actually be in the game once it goes live.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/