Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Announcing MMORPG.com Monthly Structured PvP Tournaments

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We're excited to announce that MMORPG.com will be conducting monthly Guild Wars 2 structured PvP tournaments using our own custom PvP arena. We've even got some cool prizes in store for the winners of each tournament. But before we get to all that we need to solidify some of the details over the next few weeks and that's where you come in!

Are you a structured PvP aficionado? We want your ideas! We're aiming to start with 5v5 format matches, but the rest of the details are up for discussion. Have preferences for map types, rules, or any other ideas or feedback? Hit us with 'em in the comments below!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

this sounds really cool!!!

would love to see massivelyjoystiq go agaisnt mmorpg!!!!-lol

im in!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by orbitxo

this sounds really cool!!!

would love to see massivelyjoystiq go agaisnt mmorpg!!!!-lol

im in!

Mind you: we're not "competing".  We're hosting a tourney for YOU guys to compete.  Hell, we're even looking into getting sponsors if the interest is large enough to give bigger and better prizes as these go on.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to hearing more.   

I'm pretty mediocre at GW2's SPVP but I'd definitely hang out in spectator mode and enjoy the show. 

• SirrushSirrush Member Posts: 15

Structure: Double elimination

Format: Best of 3. Both teams veto maps until one map remains, first game will be played on that. Loser picks after that. Best of 5 for semi finals, third place decider, and finals.

Standard time limit/point limit/etc for tPvP. Locked skills and equipment.

ezpz

• DamarusofktDamarusofkt Member UncommonPosts: 74
    No suggestions - but sounds good, and I'll see you there :)

Leader of Knights Templar
    GW2 IGN: Damarus
    knights-templar.com

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Sounds interesting. Even though I'm not playing GW2 right now; I hope you guys take this type of thing into other games as well..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Opapanax
    Sounds interesting. Even though I'm not playing GW2 right now; I hope you guys take this type of thing into other games as well..

Hopefully more and more games make it easier to do so.  Private Arena servers and spectator mode are going to go a long way to make this possible for us.

My Review Manifesto

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Awesome news! I would keep it simple to start with. Best of 3, all maps standard rules. Hopefully we can get the matches recorded.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Good stuff.  I had no idea GW2 was this far along on making anything in GW2 competitive so i'm happy that this is happening.  It might be time that I dust off my Ranger and start practicing again ;)
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Are you guys gonna be setting up a custom arena with password for now?