Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Myself and a couple of buddies just signed up for the Hero bundle ($120).   We've been on the fence but this morning we said screw it, this is a pretty big moment for the genre. 

Keeping my fingers crossed and spreading the word to a few of my other gaming friends. 

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

Myself and a couple of buddies just signed up for the Hero bundle ($120).   We've been on the fence but this morning we said screw it, this is a pretty big moment for the genre. 

Keeping my fingers crossed and spreading the word to a few of my other gaming friends. 

The $110 Young Hero tier is a better deal imo since it has alpha instead of beta 1 and the 7% reduced sub. You can still put in $120 as your donation but select the $110 tier as your reward tier if you wish.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

86% funded with 50 hours to go! Lookin good! Nearly 11k backers now too, wow!

Last I checked, only need an additional $26 per backer to hit the goal. Between current backers upping their pledge, and the huge influx of new backers we've been getting, I think we're right on track.

The huge influx in the numbers of backers has been truley amazing the last few days.

Still gonna be a nerve wracking 50 hours though haha.

Can't wait to see what happens after Paypal gets turned on though. =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

Originally posted by Tuktz

Can't wait to see what happens after Paypal gets turned on though. =)

Yeah we need the archer classes at launch. $2.1 million or bust....

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• GKermichilGKermichil Member Posts: 32

I really like this link:  http://cu-additional-pledge.herokuapp.com/

We're down $26 more dollars per backer to get this thing funded.  Really isn't that much of a strech.  Just buy a few additional founders points.

$10 – Receive an additional 10 FPs
    $25 – Receive an additional 30 FPs
    $50 – Receive an additional 70 FPs
    $100 - Receive an additional 155 FPs

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    They need something like 280k in less that 48 hours.  I have a funny feeling someone's " friend " is going to donate a nice chunk of change to make sure it gets backed. 
  • outd00rmineroutd00rminer Member Posts: 37

Its going to make it.  It'll reach around 1.8-1.85 after today which is a good position entering the big final 24 hour push.

I'm super confident it'll fund.  I wasn't a week ago.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

This morning alone lhe last 10k pledge and all the other high end dollar pledges just got bough.  Something seams very fishy.  I wonder if MJ is buying up all the high dollar mark ones trying to force it to fund. 

• GaladhonGaladhon Member Posts: 6
    And MJ is also bringing in the hundred's of backers that have come on  board in the last few hours.  C'mon now.
  • KelmantorKelmantor Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by erictlewis

This morning alone lhe last 10k pledge and all the other high end dollar pledges just got bough.  Something seams very fishy.  I wonder if MJ is buying up all the high dollar mark ones trying to force it to fund. 

It seems more likely that the campaign is simply following the normal pattern for Kickstarter projects.. There's always a huge increase in pledges in the end. Especially in projects of this size..

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I don't know, the video persuaded me as a pvper to make a little pledge.

I'm glad latency, fps and players on screen is taking priority over flashy graphics.

Now a TESO / wow / swtor style flashy marketing video that looks nothing like the game, that would have had the opposite effect.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Also I was holding off in case it funded anyway.
    Originally posted by GKermichil

We're down $26 more dollars per backer to get this thing funded.  Really isn't that much of a strech.  Just buy a few additional founders points.

I find the current list of items in the Founder's Exchange to be very lackluster. There really isn't one item in there that I can't easily live without. I understand Mark is going to have an update soon announcing a revamp of the FP store, so hopefully there will be some new things that make FPs more valuable and will make me think about donating above my selected reward tier.

• NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by meddyck

I find the current list of items in the Founder's Exchange to be very lackluster. There really isn't one item in there that I can't easily live without. I understand Mark is going to have an update soon announcing a revamp of the FP store, so hopefully there will be some new things that make FPs more valuable and will make me think about donating above my selected reward tier.

Yeah I agree, needs to be more items. But he's working on it.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by Tierless

This just in, if we maintain our current pace we wont just fund, WE WILL FUND TODAY!

(Goes to oven, puts in several pies)

What are you talking about?  They have exactly 48 hours left, and over the past few days they have been raising about $70,000 a day.  So, that's $140,000 and they are currently @ $1.73 million, or with an additional $0.14m that's $1.87m by the end of the KS.  

Seriously, you guys need to learn math. 

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

WTF?

Is this for real?

So, less than 48 hours from KS close off Mark Jacobs is going to either:

Completely 'change the rules' - potentially pulling the rug out from under those who have already pledged?

OR change the value of items / add / subtract items when many people might not have time to react?

Not to mention - this from a man who claimed to dislike "in game" microtransactions stores in the first place?

Where did he say this?

Link and quote please?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• GaladhonGaladhon Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by SBE1

This just in, if we maintain our current pace we wont just fund, WE WILL FUND TODAY!

What are you talking about?  They have exactly 48 hours left, and over the past few days they have been raising about $70,000 a day.  So, that's $140,000 and they are currently @ $1.73 million, or with an additional $0.14m that's $1.87m by the end of the KS.  

In the last 12 hours or so the KS has gained over 100k.  So there is a small chance it funds today.

Originally posted by SBE1

Yeah he is way off. By my incredibly crude estimate, we would make another roughly $61,000 today if it continued at the same pace it has since midnight which would put it around $1.8 million by day's end. So... not funding today. But certainly getting closer.

Originally posted by Gyrus

WTF?

Is this for real?

Completely 'change the rules' - potentially pulling the rug out from under those who have already pledged?

OR change the value of items / add / subtract items when many people might not have time to react?

Not to mention - this from a man who claimed to dislike "in game" microtransactions stores in the first place?

Where did he say this?

Link and quote please?

"[MJ] Here are some new FE possible adds: 1. Voice packs 2. Custom beard sets 3. Special dance (personally, I hate this but those young gals/guys in the office love it) 4. Special drink emotes 5. Founder's Housing Pack - 'X' unique items (all cosmetic) 6. Training dummy to put in front of house with special skin 7. Special Founder's soul animation when taken 8. Special founder's "lawn duck" - No charge. You guys rock. 9. Dolls of CSE team to wave around."

Nothing is definite, but he's merely considering adding things. And this isn't microtranactions, but merely bonus items for KS backers.

Nothing like this will actually be in the game once it goes live.

• poisonmanpoisonman Member Posts: 59

WTF?

Is this for real?

Where did he say this?

Link and quote please?

All these things will continue to be available for at least another 30 days during the paypal funding period (for international people unable to use kickstarter or people without credit cards).

All you need to do is use the same email address.

You are over reacting.

WTF?

Is this for real?

Where did he say this?

Link and quote please?

It was in the Kickstarter comments thread I think which is so full of "omg another backer! yay" spam that it's pretty much impossible to find any specific comment after a few minutes have passed. But he said there would be an update about the FP store in the next day or two. It's hardly the same as a cash shop. There isn't anything in there that will give you an advantage over another player in RvR. It's just stuff like reserving a name, Founder only cosmetics such as taunts and death animations, and some other non-essential things. It's all right there on the Kickstarter page if you've never seen it.

... It's hardly the same as a cash shop. There isn't anything in there that will give you an advantage over another player in RvR. It's just stuff like reserving a name, Founder only cosmetics such as taunts and death animations, and some other non-essential things. It's all right there on the Kickstarter page if you've never seen it.

I have seen it... and it's a cash shop.

Sorry meddyck, but you are usually realistic about these things... are you seriously trying to tell me that items which do not give you an advantage in RvR don't count as a cash shop item?

Funny thing... I could have sworn the UI button in LotRO (to give one example of many) said "Store"... and there is no RvR in that game... guess I must have been mistaken then?

If anyone wants to just see a list of responses from MJ without havning to sort through all the comments, just go here....

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/13861848/comments

... It's hardly the same as a cash shop. There isn't anything in there that will give you an advantage over another player in RvR. It's just stuff like reserving a name, Founder only cosmetics such as taunts and death animations, and some other non-essential things. It's all right there on the Kickstarter page if you've never seen it.

I have seen it... and it's a cash shop.

Sorry meddyck, but you are usually realistic about these things... are you seriously trying to tell me that items which do not give you an advantage in RvR don't count as a cash shop item?

Funny thing... I could have sworn the UI button in LotRO (to give one example of many) said "Store"... and there is no RvR in that game... guess I must have been mistaken then?

If he had just added different sets of that stuff directly to each tier instead of having the Founders' Exchange and letting pledgers pick which meaningless fluff they want, would that have made it a cash shop? I guess in some sense the entire Kickstarter is one big cash shop. It's still not going to have an impact on RvR. There are no overpowered weapons, xp boosts, or anything else that is going to affect actual gameplay in the Founders' Exchange. The people who pledge $10,000 are going to die just as fast as the ones who pledge $25.

If he had just added different sets of that stuff directly to each tier instead of having the Founders' Exchange and letting pledgers pick which meaningless fluff they want, would that have made it a cash shop? I guess in some sense the entire Kickstarter is one big cash shop. It's still not going to have an impact on RvR. There are no overpowered weapons, xp boosts, or anything else that is going to affect actual gameplay in the Founders' Exchange. The people who pledge $10,000 are going to die just as fast as the ones who pledge $25.

It's the purchase of "Founders Points" to use in a "Founders Exchange" that should tip you off...

Purchase of a Virtual Currency with real cash to spend in a Virtual Store.

Turbine calls them Turbine Points.  You don't need to be in game to access the store either IIRC.  Does that mean it's not a cash shop?