Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

EDIT: WoW ! In just the last hour, 3 more backers have grabbed $10,000 pledges ! Hurry, there's only ONE still available !

I wonder how many of those will be cancelled on the last day.

If 220 people have provided $400k then just 100 trolls could set it back 10%

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by RefMinor

EDIT: WoW ! In just the last hour, 3 more backers have grabbed $10,000 pledges ! Hurry, there's only ONE still available !

That's a crazy gamble, what if you did this and your Internet went down? Pretty screwed then.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Tierless

Originally posted by Rocketeer

Originally posted by Tierless New blog about being a contradictory sellout because of Camelot Unchained. http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas
    Very interesting take on things, i like it. Especially the part about AAA mmos becoming more like phone apps lol.

I mean last week i got a free 10 day trial for WoW, which i hadn't played since ... well WotLK pretty much. I was shocked senseless, i literally didn't recognize the game. Hell to think i was complaining in WotLK that the good old vanilla days where best ... we'll who had thought rock bottom was still THAT far away. I just don't get how you can change a game that much without pissing off your player base ... then again maybe the people playing WoW through BC till WotLK are long gone anyway.

That got me thinking, about the difference of a developer having a clear vision and hoping to find a way to sell it to a customer base, and a developer wanting to sell to a customer base first, and changing the product every which way to appeal to whatever is currently the biggest demographic.

Thanks! It all comes down to a simple thing. AAA make all of their decisions based on what gets them more money, smaller MMO companies make decisions based on what is best for the Game and the Players.

That's just not true, the only difference between a AAA studio and a small indie studio is the amounts of money they can make.

Money comes first for all games companies, they have to make money or they go under.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Originally posted by Tierless

Originally posted by SpottyGekko   EDIT: WoW ! In just the last hour, 3 more backers have grabbed $10,000 pledges ! Hurry, there's only ONE still available !

I have this weird feeling that RefMinor knows something...something...sneaky...

Same thing happened to Elite, I was watching it minute by minute near the end and you saw the total drop at times as people cancelled.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

If that happens, then it doesn't fund. Pretty simple. No pledges are final until 11:56am on Thursday. I for instance have changed the amount of my pledge 3 times and there's a small chance I could do it again before the end. If large donors cancel or reduce their pledges whether it's because they are trolls or because their financial situation changed over the last month or for any other reason, then other backers have to make up the lost money. If they don't, it's over. That would be disappointing if it happens, but we'll get it over it.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Originally posted by Zinzan

That's a crazy gamble, what if you did this and your Internet went down? Pretty screwed then.

I doubt you would leave it to the last minute or seconds to cancel, personally if my Internet went down I would use my smartphone or go to family or friends if necessary, not really a gamble.

Just for clarity, I neither have ever nor condone troll pledging myself, I am just reflecting the reality. Some will not be trolls, just people who pledge cash with enthusiasm then can't justify the expense in the cold light of day.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

It's going to be close !

Over the past 12 hours, the average pledge per hour has been $3,265.

With only 65 hours left, it needs $5,500 per hour.

Average pledge per backer has risen slightly from $157 to $159... it remains a fairly top-heavy campaign.

19% of the backers are now at "Lifetime Sub" or higher.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

It's going to be close !

Average pledge per backer has risen slightly from $157 to $159... it remains a fairly top-heavy campaign.

I've got a feeling that if it gets there it's going to be because of some of the current backers giving insane amounts of $$$.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by Kuppa

It's going to be close !

I've got a feeling that if it gets there it's going to be because of some of the current backers giving insane amounts of $$$.

Heh, I think most of the bigger supporters are already giving insane amounts of $$$, just not part of their high roller world.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BaltoBroBaltoBro Member Posts: 48
    15%-20% off by may 2nd, I don't think it will reach the goal at this point. Wondering if another KS will be established, perhaps 1.5 mil instead of 2 mil.
  • samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Originally posted by BaltoBro
    15%-20% off by may 2nd, I don't think it will reach the goal at this point. Wondering if another KS will be established, perhaps 1.5 mil instead of 2 mil.

Perhaps a "fully functional" alpha build with actual gameplay / combat footage in an area at least as big as Thidranki, with 1 class/race per realm?

if they had that from the very start, it would've been funded in 10 days and they would be discussing stretch goals by now

• BaltoBroBaltoBro Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by samvenice

Perhaps a "fully functional" alpha build with actual gameplay / combat footage in an area at least as big as Thidranki, with 1 class/race per realm?

if they had that from the very start, it would've been funded in 10 days and they would be discussing stretch goals by now

I agree, but it seems it ain't happening that way, maybe byt he end of the year

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by samvenice

....thats what they needed to begin with, not hopes and promises with some visual demos.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

wow...

I may have been ripping Jacobs and DaoC to pieces but I didnt expect this. I was sure it would have funded by now. How does this only have 10k backers? Someone isnt getting the information out about this. I am sure he could easily get 30k of the 100k people that still think DaoC is a good model to redo.

• SuorySuory Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by JasonJ

wow...

I may have been ripping Jacobs and DaoC to pieces but I didnt expect this. I was sure it would have funded by now. How does this only have 10k backers? Someone isnt getting the information out about this. I am sure he could easily get 30k of the 100k people that still think DaoC is a good model to redo.

I am wondering that myself. I have not seen any updates or anything since Saturday, and the KS is at 62 hours left. I liked the "mark athon", and I am wondering why there isnt a ton of vids, chats, and everything they can do to get people to support their KS this close to the end.

I understand that people dont want to support for their own reasons, but CSE should be going ape right now to the end of this thing. Maybe, they have a 48 hour marathon coming up with what ever they can muster to show about the game.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by Suory 

I understand that people dont want to support for their own reasons, but CSE should be going ape right now to the end of this thing. Maybe, they have a 48 hour marathon coming up with what ever they can muster to show about the game.

I was saying the same thing last week.

Richard Garriott was all over the web the last 3 weeks because it didnt look like shroud of the avatar wasnt going to hit 2 million...and he was actually only asking for 1!

He set it up so every 100-200k more they got, the more features would be added to the game for release and he was pushing it as if they werent even going to be able to make the game if they didnt get more. I see nothing from CSE that screams urgency here.

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Well it's not fair to compare with the richard garriot, I love mark but garriot is more of a star. I don't know what else you want CSE to do, they are doing interviews, streams, reddit AMA and even letting people see the engine.
  • chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24

** IDEA ** - MJ or similar funds the $150k we might be short.... and reimburses themselves when Paypal kicks in?!!?

• LawtoweenLawtoween Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by chrissreef

** IDEA ** - MJ or similar funds the $150k we might be short.... and reimburses themselves when Paypal kicks in?!!?

He can't, that violates the kickstarter policy.  Assuming they can trace the pledge back to him, of course.

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Now i am getting nervous we're going to be out of the high tiers at some point and not enough people will want what's left
  • KenichiKenichi Member Posts: 109
    Numbers are looking good, the major kicks are coming in. I have a good feeling it is going to fund.
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Is Stat Tracker working?

http://www.kickstat.net/kscamelot/camelotks.php

I ask because some of the stats on it are really weird...

What are the odds that 11 of the $3251 pledge holders (Twin homes with a view) cancelled and 11 people took up $5000 pledges?

Particularly since there are only supposed to be 10 spots for the $3251 pledge to begin with?

I understand that some backers are upping their pledges but these stats look a little off to me?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    At the rate it's going, there's a great chance it will reach $1.75 million today. That's a level I've been looking at as what it would need to get to before the final days in order to have a high chance of success. Nothing is certain yet of course, but I'm liking its chances.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Gyrus

Is Stat Tracker working?

http://www.kickstat.net/kscamelot/camelotks.php

I ask because some of the stats on it are really weird...

What are the odds that 11 of the $3251 pledge holders (Twin homes with a view) cancelled and 11 people took up $5000 pledges?

Particularly since there are only supposed to be 10 spots for the $3251 pledge to begin with?

I understand that some backers are upping their pledges but these stats look a little off to me?

There's nothing strange here.

A new "Twin homes" category was added somewhere in the last 12 hours:

$3,251 with 10 slots available (5 of which have already been taken)

The original $3,250 category is still there (10 out of 10 taken). So, if you missed out on the original 10 slots, now's your chance to grab one, but they're selling fast :)

In the last 12 hours roughly $54K was added to the total, with 210 new backers.

But out of that $54K, $32K was bid by just 41 backers (~$800 each).

The campaign is slowly but steadily becoming more top-heavy, average per backer is now at $161 each.