Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: PS3 Version Now Available for Preorder

Comments

• easy-reasy-r Member Posts: 38
    the youth we lost
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Holdin out for ps4
  • UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138

Diablo 2 wasn't that great when it first came out. It wasn't until the expansion was close to release and ladder was added.

Console better version of pc? The only difference is gamepad,dodge,offline and no auction house.

People care so much about offline mode. Have fun playing by yourself.

As much as I hate auction house, you don't have to use it.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Yes, it's the better version because it doesn't include the completely OPTIONAL  auction house...

/facepalm

And because you can play it offline like every other Diablo game prior to the D3 PC version... 

As far as the auction house... you know that without it they have to fix the loot drop rates right? They've had to even with the auction house on PC due to the complaints of it making the auction house less optional. 

Yet millions of people have played, and continue to play, the game before major changes in the loot drops. The auction house has always been completely optional.

lol, even blizzard has admitted they messed up and that players weren't happy. Sorry, everyone knows how this played out and even Blizzard has confirmed the discontent. Yell into the wind if you like, it won't change what is. 

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Yes, it's the better version because it doesn't include the completely OPTIONAL  auction house...

/facepalm

And because you can play it offline like every other Diablo game prior to the D3 PC version... 

As far as the auction house... you know that without it they have to fix the loot drop rates right? They've had to even with the auction house on PC due to the complaints of it making the auction house less optional. 

Yet millions of people have played, and continue to play, the game before major changes in the loot drops. The auction house has always been completely optional.

lol, even blizzard has admitted they messed up and that players weren't happy. Sorry, everyone knows how this played out and even Blizzard has confirmed the discontent. Yell into the wind if you like, it won't change what is. 

I dont think many would argue the AH was a failed experiment, but that still doesnt mean the game is not hugly popular and still played by millions of players...

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

-Hmmmmmmm....

I knew D3 was going to suck. I knew the AH was insane. I knew I was never going to be a D3 player (although I LOVED 1 and 2)-

I tried D3, hated it and moved on...

On the PS3 though? This would be a purchase I would make. This game always seemed to really be a console game. I can see myself vegging out and playing a few hours a week on my Ps3 though.

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by easy-r
    D3 crashed and burned hard, from the gate it was a clear disappointment (even though the first playthrough was fun, and checking out other classes) they would have been better off and made most fans of D2 happier by just making another D2 expansion.  I could but won't go into greater detail.

If by crashed and burned, you mean gets a million unique logons per day, and 4 million unique logns per month, an entire year after its release, then ya, it crashed and burned.

Right, I suppose you are going by Xfire stats right? Pathetic. The game crashed and burned. We all know that the wow kids and blizzard punks are the biggest factor in it's sales. (Sorry mods, I could have been more constructive in my response). Compare to D2, it is garbage. If you do not like people's opinions, I suggest you don't read them. Unless you like to receive replies like mine? ;) (Yeah, yeah, I know, I over-did it).

Originally posted by Dauzqul
    I refuse to purchase a Blizzard game...even when it ends up in the $5 bin.

Agreed.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    D3 crashed and burned hard, from the gate it was a clear disappointment (even though the first playthrough was fun, and checking out other classes) they would have been better off and made most fans of D2 happier by just making another D2 expansion.  I could but won't go into greater detail.

If by crashed and burned, you mean gets a million unique logons per day, and 4 million unique logns per month, an entire year after its release, then ya, it crashed and burned.

failed compared to D2 then

Sold twice as many copies in it's first two weeks than D2 ever sold. More concurrent logins now than D2 ever had by a wide margin. If that's failure I can't imagine what the standard for success would be.

Like someone already said, it has not even kept HALF of the people who bought it, that to me, is pretty sad. D2 is still strong as hell even to this day. And like the person already said, I'm betting in it's prime, it kicked the sh** out of D3. Heck, I'm guessing if you asked a true hard diablo fan what game they would choose, you'd be surprised at how many would choose D2. To me, that is saying plenty. :)

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Razperil

Agreed.

Your loss. Then again, I suppose the Diablo 3 community is much better off for it. So thanks!

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by UnrealRpg

People care so much about offline mode. Have fun playing by yourself.

Well, it is more fun that playing with strangers. Plus the PS3 version can still do multiplayer. The inclusion of offline mode alone makes this the better version for me...but sadly I don't have a PS3 yet.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

failed compared to D2 then

Sold twice as many copies in it's first two weeks than D2 ever sold. More concurrent logins now than D2 ever had by a wide margin. If that's failure I can't imagine what the standard for success would be.

Like someone already said, it has not even kept HALF of the people who bought it, that to me, is pretty sad. D2 is still strong as hell even to this day. And like the person already said, I'm betting in it's prime, it kicked the sh** out of D3. Heck, I'm guessing if you asked a true hard diablo fan what game they would choose, you'd be surprised at how many would choose D2. To me, that is saying plenty. :)

Oh look, someone else who likes to pull made-up statistics out of their ass. And on these forums, of all places! Imagine that...

I'm thoroughly enjoying this, because the FACT that D3 was / is hugely successful just kills you inside, doesn't it?

Ah well. Welcome to my ignored posters list buddy.

Right, I suppose you are going by Xfire stats right? Pathetic. The game crashed and burned. We all know that the wow kids and blizzard punks are the biggest factor in it's sales. (Sorry mods, I could have been more constructive in my response). Compare to D2, it is garbage. If you do not like people's opinions, I suggest you don't read them. Unless you like to receive replies like mine? ;) (Yeah, yeah, I know, I over-did it).

Who the hell judges game popularity via xfire? If thats all you have to cling to as an argument, god help you.....

Im actually going by Blizzard's last finantial filing....but ya, I guess they are lieing right?

Please come back when you know how to use the internet.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Who the hell judges game popularity via xfire? If thats all you have to cling to as an argument, god help you.....

Im actually going by Blizzard's last finantial filing....but ya, I guess they are lieing right?

Why don't you post that for us..... y'know right next to some of the other mmo companies.

I'm sorry, but you are actually arguing with Blizzard here and I hope you realize that. Jay Wilson even said that things like the Auction house really hurt the game bad. 

http://techland.time.com/2013/03/28/diablo-3-director-admits-auction-houses-really-hurt-game/

Blizzard admitted to and apologiezed for not offering enough content and that the game didn't have long term sustainability. 

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7748/article/blizzard-admits-there-s-not-enough-content-in-diablo-3/

Blizzard has admitted that the game didn't do right by gamers and acknowledged that many weren't happy. They've been trying to correct that. 

So yes, by all means please listen to Blizzard... don't argue with them. 

I actually give them credit for owning up to the mistakes. 

I'm sorry, but you are actually arguing with Blizzard here and I hope you realize that. Jay Wilson even said that things like the Auction house really hurt the game bad. 

http://techland.time.com/2013/03/28/diablo-3-director-admits-auction-houses-really-hurt-game/

Blizzard admitted to and apologiezed for not offering enough content and that the game didn't have long term sustainability. 

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7748/article/blizzard-admits-there-s-not-enough-content-in-diablo-3/

Blizzard has admitted that the game didn't do right by gamers and acknowledged that many weren't happy. They've been trying to correct that. 

What does ANY fo that have to do with my initial quote? Are you literally making up arguments, just to "win" them?

Here, I will do you a favor...I will quote myself again.../SIGH

"If by crashed and burned, you mean gets a million unique logons per day, and 4 million unique logns per month, an entire year after its release, then ya, it crashed and burned.:

Are you really that mad that more people play D3 than (inserft your favorite MMO here), that you have to fabricate "arguments", just to win them? Is that really whats going on here? Please highlight one thing you quoted that goes against my quote of the numbers Blizz released in their last Q offerings...

I fuckin love these forums lmao.

EDIT: Im sorry, the numbers wenrt revealed in their last filing, but at the GDC in late March

What does ANY fo that have to do with my initial quote? Are you literally making up arguments, just to "win" them?

"If by crashed and burned, you mean gets a million unique logons per day, and 4 million unique logns per month, an entire year after its release, then ya, it crashed and burned.:

Are you really that mad that more people play D3 than (inserft your favorite MMO here), that you have to fabricate "arguments", just to win them? Is that really whats going on here? Please highlight one thing you quoted that goes against my quote of the numbers Blizz released in their last Q offerings...

EDIT: Im sorry, the numbers wenrt revealed in their last filing, but at the GDC in late March

Sorry man, you keep trying to say how well the game is doing but players and Blizzard have been talking about how poorly received the game was. I'll have to go with the games lead and the massive amount of negative feedback from players and say I don't think the game has performed very well after initial sales and that retention has been pretty low. 

In any case keep touting how well the game is doing and trying to insult those that don't agree and pass it off as some "I'm a fan of this game and Diablo 3 threatens my game of choice" type of thing. I'm sure someone somewhere will eventually give you a pat on the back and agree with you. 

Sorry man, you keep trying to say how well the game is doing but players and Blizzard have been talking about how poorly received the game was. I'll have to go with the games lead and the massive amount of negative feedback from players and say I don't think the game has performed very well after initial sales and that retention has been pretty low. 

In any case keep touting how well the game is doing and trying to insult those that don't agree and pass it off as some "I'm a fan of this game and Diablo 3 threatens my game of choice" type of thing. I'm sure someone somewhere will eventually give you a pat on the back and agree with you. 

Nobody is denying that the game was a dissapointment, but there is also no denying that is still very popular and played by millions....what agenda are you after? Does it really hurt that bad?

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Instead of D3 for PS3 the great Blizz really should've just gone all out and gave console players WoW.  No doubt this will sell very well though considering all the Diablo clones over the years have earned other companies revenue hand over fist.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Wow wont fit on a console. There's not enough RAM, and probably not enough disk space either.

It's why all these designed for porting to console mmos like dcuo, Aoc etc.. are heavily instanced.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

Your loss....... I just choose whether to purchase things on if think they will be fun. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Zymur
    Diablo 2 sold 4 million on its opening week your figures are wrong.

Of course d3 has more logins. D3 forces you to login. It entirely optional with d2.

D3 sold 8 million.
    A year later 1 million people are logged in.

That means 7 million people stopped playing the game within a year.

If course blizzard are disappointed.

Millions were still playing d2 years after release.
  • OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

Ps3 users will get a solid game, they have tuned the game alot and it aint half bad now even on pc. But the big thing is that they remove ah.

Zymur
    Diablo 2 sold 4 million on its opening week your figures are wrong.

Of course d3 has more logins. D3 forces you to login. It entirely optional with d2.

D3 sold 8 million.
    A year later 1 million people are logged in.

That means 7 million people stopped playing the game within a year.

If course blizzard are disappointed.

Millions were still playing d2 years after release.

You cant pick and choose from that quote...a million logins daily, 4 million login monthly...so yes, D3 also has "millions" of players...

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Wow wont fit on a console. There's not enough RAM, and probably not enough disk space either.

It's why all these designed for porting to console mmos like dcuo, Aoc etc.. are heavily instanced.

...Wait. You think WOW wouldnt run on a PS3 due to RAM and HD space?

I beg to differ with you since I have like 250 GB on my PS3  and even FF 13 (not sure the number-0 the MMO though) is coming to Ps3.

Personally I would love for a good MMO to be playable on my Ps3. I use a keyboard/mouse setup and I imagine it would be quite relaxing playing from my couch on a 60 inch HDTV.

WOW though? I wouldnt play it- Mainly becauise I have already played yers ago and am burned out of WOW- But pretty much anything else would be interesting to try.