Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter vs Age of Wushu vs TERA vs Ragnarok 2

Key thing about all these MMO's = Free to Play

Purpose of me playing any = kill time until next big MMO

Neverwinter got a head start since it's overall decent MMO from experienced company and featuring PvE and PvP with some side crafting.

Age of Wushu seems worse with the cash shop design as well as more friendly toward botters, but got to give it credit for going sandbox and different than the rest.

TERA I've seen beautiful graphics, which my PC can totally handle, but seems like it's lacking endgame (I could be wrong thu)

Ragnarok 2, just out there had to put it since its coming from a famous IP and about to hit NA, but I don't think it will be a big hit.

Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Star Wars The Old Republic
  • xKopogeroxxKopogerox Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    Star Wars The Old Republic

Not gonna happen even if I was paid to play it, thx for suggestion though. Bioware destroyed one of the best IP's one can ask for a MMO and I saw it going F2P year from launch long before it was released.

Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Neverwinter.. only one that allows you to create your own dungeons:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Currently I'm playing TERA, pretty active population wise and there's enough to do to keep you busy until the next MMO. I've been playing TERA for a year, but it's only because my guild is very active and arena PvP is very fun.

For NA for PvP server play on Mount Tyrannas or for PvE play on Tempest Reach, for EU PvP play on Killian for PvE i'm not sure.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

4 vastly different games.

Download them all, give them a go and play whichever ones fits your style of gameplay.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

AOW & RO2 dont even qualify, tera & NW r.....i wont even comment....

get ready for cash scams & lazy stupid devs with pay to win/pay for any fun on trash games(along with simply trash games alone) for a long long time while korean gems begin to appear a decade later wen they r no longer wanted

hallo ~_~

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by rommello

get ready for cash scams & lazy stupid devs with pay to win/pay for any fun on trash games(along with simply trash games alone) for a long long time while korean gems begin to appear a decade later wen they r no longer wanted

You clearly have no idea what pay to win even means.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Neverwinter would be my suggestion.  Age of Wushu is different, so it could be hit or miss for you,  Tera and Rag 2 would not be my choices.  Why not try them and see which one you like best.  No better way to get the best opinion, yours.
  • GibocracyGibocracy Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by rommello

Looks like you hate most MMOs then, i hope you find an MMO you like.  I am satisfied with TERA all though the story blows ass i just want more action oriented games like TERA.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Vanguard saga of heroes. Has more depth than all of the games listed above combined. 
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Oh god too each there own, they all good games.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by xKopogerox

Key thing about all these MMO's = Free to Play

Purpose of me playing any = kill time until next big MMO

Neverwinter got a head start since it's overall decent MMO from experienced company and featuring PvE and PvP with some side crafting.

Age of Wushu seems worse with the cash shop design as well as more friendly toward botters, but got to give it credit for going sandbox and different than the rest.

TERA I've seen beautiful graphics, which my PC can totally handle, but seems like it's lacking endgame (I could be wrong thu)

Ragnarok 2, just out there had to put it since its coming from a famous IP and about to hit NA, but I don't think it will be a big hit.

Wushi just banned a lot of gold buys and botters. They've taken a hardline stance. People lost months of progress. Snail has certainly fired the first shot in the war.

You will never have to use the cash shop, ever. You should go VIP though $9/month.

I thought Wushu would be my game intil the next "big thing" too. 6 months later, I've found that AoW is bigger than all the big things over the last 3 years.

If you love pvp, crafting, and polotics with a player driven economy, in a sandbox, play Wushu. If you don't like any of those things, and what a quick ride to the top, skip Wushu.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Based on your post, I'd go with Neverwinter.  AoW is probably a good choice, too, but with its initially confusing systems and more "hardcore" gameplay, it felt like a game meant to be jumped into full bore or not at all.  Cryptic's games, on the other hand, are really good at being readily accessible, easy to jump in and out of, and with the Foundry there's potential for a lot of quality adventures to play as time goes on.  It does really come down to what types of gameplay you prefer.  If you don't mind, I'd also put in a little suggestion to give DCUO a try as well; it's another solid actiony F2P MMO with a lot of good PVP action, if you want it.
  • xKopogeroxxKopogerox Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by thecapitaine
    Based on your post, I'd go with Neverwinter.  AoW is probably a good choice, too, but with its initially confusing systems and more "hardcore" gameplay, it felt like a game meant to be jumped into full bore or not at all.  Cryptic's games, on the other hand, are really good at being readily accessible, easy to jump in and out of, and with the Foundry there's potential for a lot of quality adventures to play as time goes on.  It does really come down to what types of gameplay you prefer.  If you don't mind, I'd also put in a little suggestion to give DCUO a try as well; it's another solid actiony F2P MMO with a lot of good PVP action, if you want it.

DCUO is one of my favorite, I'll definitely get back to it when Origins comes out in May. I just wish they were adding content/updates with bigger pace. It's took them like a year to release Tier 5 from 4.

I'm also glad to hear they're doing something about botters and gold buyers in Age of Wushu. Neverwinter seems indeed easier and more accessable to play compared to Age of Wushu. Some also complained that Age of Wushu becomes like a chore in the long run. I'm interested to see the type of endgame Neverwinter will have. Creating your own dungeons seems something interesting.

I believe Neverwinter has better combat than Age of Wushu, but Wushu's traditional, open world sandbox approach with risky PvP might seem more rewarding endgame feature. Since I do plan to spend limited time in any of these games Neverwinter might be indeed the better option, which is more casual friendly.

I do remember trying Battle of Immortals and it was heck of a game, very enjoyable, although heavily P2W I still had a blast for couple of months and most I spent was $20.

TERA is like 50 gig download, which is brutal to my 100 gig monthly limit, so I might give that I try if I get disappointed quick, which I highly doubt.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

Currently I'm playing TERA, pretty active population wise and there's enough to do to keep you busy until the next MMO. I've been playing TERA for a year, but it's only because my guild is very active and arena PvP is very fun.

For NA for PvP server play on Mount Tyrannas or for PvE play on Tempest Reach, for EU PvP play on Killian for PvE i'm not sure.

This sums it up nicely for me.

I tried Neverwinter, but it ended up feeling like a cheap watered down Tera, nowhere near the same scope or scale, though it is a nice attempt at copying Tera's action combat.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Neverwinter.. only one that allows you to create your own dungeons:)

Unfortunately, that doesn't make up for the gigantic suck-fest that is the rest of that game.  Of the ones listed in the OP, I'd go with TERA, although I don't know much about Ragnarok 2.  I just know that Neverwinter and Wushu are pretty horrible games.

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    ragnarok has a crappy updater that doesnt work, they have horrorable support and the game is pretty basic not worth the trouble in my opinion.