Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official post - when questing in other faction's zones won't even be able to see other faction's pla

MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Here is part of the interview that was released today with Matt Firor.  I'm not a pvp fan so I don't care about not being able to pvp in other zones, but not only will you not be able to pvp in other faction's zones, but you won't even be able to SEE the other faction when you are questing around at max level in THEIR zone?  What??

When playing through the other Alliances’ content at max level, will this experience be separated according to your original Alliance or will you be able to group with friends on the opposing faction?

When you are playing through “other Alliance” max-level content, you’ll be playing with characters like you: from your Alliance, who are all max-level. Every player you see will have come originally from your Alliance.

If you cannot play with the Alliance whose lands you are adventuring through, will this mean PvP in those zones or will the opposition faction players be out of phase?

No, you won’t see enemy players in any PvE area

Source:

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32287

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well I'm back to wanting to skip this title altogether.  I always said "phasing" would be an issue for those seeking immersion.  Sure, if you can't PvP there's not much sense in seeing players from other factions, but how the HELL does making them not exist make up for it?

Stupid as fuck.  "Mega server" was just a lame buzzword all along.

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    Thats cool and I think its a good idea.  At least for my play style.
  • BaltoBroBaltoBro Member Posts: 48
    can't wait
  • JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

We already know this, that is why it didnt quell TES fan anger because it wasnt want they were wanting, just like 1st person didnt do it. Their attempt, and it WAS an attempt (even stated by them at PAX), failed. They missed the majority of their target audience with this IP by using the DaoC model of closed factions.

Quick, send in the same 4 people that will say the same things they always say even though Zenimax themselves address this worry publicly. They were not targetting the extremely low quantity of diehard DaoC players, they want the TES fanbase, and they dont understand why they are so upset. Sure sign of a future full of trouble for a game when the makers are that disconnected from reality.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    no desire to see a high level running around in my low or mid level zone from an other faction.  Seeing them do stupid emotes or jumping around acting the fool.
  • BaltoBroBaltoBro Member Posts: 48
    TES fans will have to wait for the next single player TES, which I will play as soon as it's out. The Skyrim co-op crowd is mad.
  • dennis5dennis5 Member CommonPosts: 23

This adds more suspense actually. Not knowing the enemy face to face, no communication. Why would you wanna play / group up with other alliance players? Should you have friends over there, well it happens. If you're so concerned about it then agree on playing the same alliance.

This is a 3 faction in war game. That's the plan. Were it otherwise sure.....but simple logic says No grouping with enemy alliance members, unless they are double agents and working for you :p

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    If the game is quality then the TES crowd will not matter that much.  If the game is not...well the game will tank like it should then.
    Originally posted by BaltoBro
    TES fans will have to wait for the next single player TES, which I will play as soon as it's out. The Skyrim co-op crowd is mad.

I'm not even a big TES fan... I just don't like playing games where two thirds of the population is invisible and resides in some other dimension.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by Horusra
    no desire to see a high level running around in my low or mid level zone from an other faction.  Seeing them do stupid emotes or jumping around acting the fool.

No worries about that. The people your level will do it instead. I think this is the dumbest "feature" I've heard of in an MMO in awhile. What's the point of it? I can't think of a single good reason for it. Anybody have any ideas about what this accomplishes?

If the game is quality then the TES crowd will not matter that much.  If the game is not...well the game will tank like it should then.

You dont know much about corporations using popular IPs do you...or what happens when it fails to bring in massive amounts of money...by not targetting the people that made the IP popular, they are not only hurting the games future with a swift firing of development staff, but also a cut in monitary support...and then there is the damage to the IP itself when those that get burned buying a game they think is another TES game, then end up NOT buying the next actual TES game.

They should have just made this Dark Age of blahblah and left the TES IP alone...but we all know why they didnt do that, nobody would care about the game without the name thats on it right now. Even CU is having massive issues drumming up money, baring getting over 10k people interested in it.

Its a poor base game design, really poor for this IP.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    the devs are a bunch of retards
  • pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    ive seen so few people happy about this game, I wonder how its going to succeed. not just here. nowhere look do i see that many people happy/excited for this game. maybe its just me and who I'm around/where I frequent. I hear like 1 to 3 vocal defenders of the game, and more often than not a bunch of people not happy about its direction. this is in real life as well. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Margulis

Here is part of the interview that was released today with Matt Firor.  I'm not a pvp fan so I don't care about not being able to pvp in other zones, but not only will you not be able to pvp in other faction's zones, but you won't even being able to SEE the other faction when you are questing around at max level in THEIR zone?  What??

When playing through the other Alliances’ content at max level, will this experience be separated according to your original Alliance or will you be able to group with friends on the opposing faction?

When you are playing through “other Alliance” max-level content, you’ll be playing with characters like you: from your Alliance, who are all max-level. Every player you see will have come originally from your Alliance.

If you cannot play with the Alliance whose lands you are adventuring through, will this mean PvP in those zones or will the opposition faction players be out of phase?

No, you won’t see enemy players in any PvE area

Source:

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32287

So like WoW PvE server without horde,makes me wonder ,there wont be enemy faction NPCs either ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I believe we already knew this from earlier info.

This isnt' a surprise.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Sovrath
    I believe we already knew this from earlier info.This isnt' a surprise.

It's a surprise to me. It's interesting though, a different approach than other games. I don't know if it's better or worse, but it's definitely different.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• dennis5dennis5 Member CommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by JasonJ

You dont know much about corporations using popular IPs do you...or what happens when it fails to bring in massive amounts of money...by not targetting the people that made the IP popular, they are not only hurting the games future with a swift firing of development staff, but also a cut in monitary support...and then there is the damage to the IP itself when those that get burned buying a game they think is another TES game, then end up NOT buying the next actual TES game.

They should have just made this Dark Age of blahblah and left the TES IP alone...but we all know why they didnt do that, nobody would care about the game without the name thats on it right now. Even CU is having massive issues drumming up money, baring getting over 10k people interested in it.

Its a poor base game design, really poor for this IP.

I agree in part, they seem to advertise the PVP area too much of a Dark Age of Camelot design, but i think it won't even come close to that. We 'll see.

It's apparent how they twisted some of the lore just to form Alliances of 3 factions. Their intention is to attract both  the Pve'ers and the PVP'ers. Hm... sounds familiar doesn't it?

Originally posted by dennis5

I agree in part, they seem to advertise the PVP area too much of a Dark Age of Camelot design, but i think it won't even come close to that. We 'll see.

It's apparent how they twisted some of the lore just to form Alliances of 3 factions. Their intention is to attract both  the Pve'ers and the PVP'ers. Hm... sounds familiar doesn't it?

Actually the twisting wasnt to create three factions (easily done by making the 4th not playable), it was the twisting to make it so the three factions were an actual threat and then twist it so those three only attack the 4th when in fact, they fought each other even more than fighting the 4th.

Never would have needed to do that if they werent basing the game on DaoCs limited and binding model.

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

It certainly takes away from those gamers who are looking to immerse themselves into this game.  As a player who is from one faction to go into an "enemy" faction land and quest, all of a sudden, we are friendly with the NPC's of the land? Then we take a trip to Cyrodil and fight those same faction players? 

I think that the game designers are trying to appeal to as many gamers as possible, but they are starting to alienate alot of people instead. I dont understand why they have to do all this stupidity.  Just add a pvp switch to every game character. And let this switch activate after a certain higher level . So those that want to run around  Tamriel pvping with each other, can do so.  And those that do not care for it, can just stay neutral. 

This is not rocket science.  

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Well I'm back to wanting to skip this title altogether.  I always said "phasing" would be an issue for those seeking immersion.  Sure, if you can't PvP there's not much sense in seeing players from other factions, but how the HELL does making them not exist make up for it?

How do you mean immersion? 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Not exactly news but that guy at massively got it backwards and then confused the shit out of everyone by saying you would see and group with players from the other alliances...that was always wrong.

It's just an instanced version of the other areas with the same quests the players from those alliances saw when they leveled 1-50 except the mobs and the rewards have been bolstered to 50.

May not be what some want but it still beats the hell out of repetitively grinding dailies to gear up when you feel like PvEing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by waynejr2

Well, myself personally?  I don't care for OWPVP, but it's immersive.  Fact is, if you enter an enemy faction, you should meet with resistance.  It's realistic.  It's the whole idea behind the word "enemy".  Now, not only are they removing the danger the other players pose, but they're making them invisible too.

This is an even worse idea than "flagging", and that was pretty bad.  My friend who plays for the lore and the idea of a sandbox world has decided to simply pass on ESO altogether.  Now she knows how KOTOR fans felt when SWTOR was released.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Well, myself personally?  I don't care for OWPVP, but it's immersive.  Fact is, if you enter an enemy faction, you should meet with resistance.  It's realistic.  It's the whole idea behind the word "enemy".  Now, not only are they removing the danger the other players pose, but they're making them invisible too.

This is an even worse idea than "flagging", and that was pretty bad.  My friend who plays for the lore and the idea of a sandbox world has decided to simply pass on ESO altogether.  Now she knows how KOTOR fans felt when SWTOR was released.

then tell your friend that cyrodiil  offers what he wants.   it's a seemless zone that is larger than each alliance pve area.

also this info has been known since just after pax east. 

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Old information.

Questing in the other factions territory will be like leveled content from previous TES games providing more PvE content and rewards. Dont see the problem other than those that only want to go into the other factions area to gank low level players.

WHHHIIIINNNNE - I want go to be able to explore all territories with one character! - ZOS : OK here you go have fun - WHHHIIIINNNNNE - What I really meant was that I wanted to gank lowbies! - ZOS : Not happening.

Cant please the haters who complain about everything.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by simsalabim77

No worries about that. The people your level will do it instead. I think this is the dumbest "feature" I've heard of in an MMO in awhile. What's the point of it? I can't think of a single good reason for it. Anybody have any ideas about what this accomplishes?

More content to take part in is my best guess.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson