Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: PS3 Version Now Available for Preorder

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has announced that the Playstation 3 version of Diablo 3 is now available for preorder. The game will sell for $59.99 and will come with an in-game helm and will be localized in several different languages.

Players who preorder the PS3 version of Diablo III will receive an exclusive in-game item: the Infernal Helm, which grants an experience point boost to any character who wears it, accelerating their progression as they rise in power. Certain retailers will also offer limited-edition preorder bonuses—check with your local retailer for further information. The PS3 version of Diablo III will be available fully localized in English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Brazilian Portuguese.

Find out about participating retailers on the Diablo 3 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Hurray, Diablo 3, the better version.... thats on a home console instead of PC... /facepalm.

Oh well, at least they learned their lesson as far as design choice goes and the use of an AH in hopes of 'snagging' more cash of people... or I could hope. They never seem to learn it from WoW...

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    What, no CE for this, the better version?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    love how they have Path of Exile Ad at the bottom of the screen. For the even betterer version? Too bad thats not console :(
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    It urks me to see a version of the game without all the disliked features removed that Blizz said they couldn't remove for one excuse or another lol.... 
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Hurray, Diablo 3, the better version.... thats on a home console instead of PC... /facepalm.

Oh well, at least they learned their lesson as far as design choice goes and the use of an AH in hopes of 'snagging' more cash of people... or I could hope. They never seem to learn it from WoW...

Blizz makes money off of the WoW AH?....Do tell.....

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If the d3 auction house experiment had worked, they'd have put it in wow.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    What, no CE for this, the better version?

I chuckled hehe

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    If the d3 auction house experiment had worked, they'd have put it in wow.

And it didn't, and its not, whats the point of even mentioning WoW in this thread? lol

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Yes, it's the better version because it doesn't include the completely OPTIONAL  auction house...

/facepalm

Which means they will have to tailor the loot drops around not having the rmah, which means better game.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    I will be picking this up for the couch co op if nothing else.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Yeah I have a 42" tv waiting for this bad boy! Offline D3 here I come.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Yes, it's the better version because it doesn't include the completely OPTIONAL  auction house...

/facepalm

And because you can play it offline like every other Diablo game prior to the D3 PC version... 

As far as the auction house... you know that without it they have to fix the loot drop rates right? They've had to even with the auction house on PC due to the complaints of it making the auction house less optional. 

• easy-reasy-r Member Posts: 38
    D3 crashed and burned hard, from the gate it was a clear disappointment (even though the first playthrough was fun, and checking out other classes) they would have been better off and made most fans of D2 happier by just making another D2 expansion.  I could but won't go into greater detail.
    Originally posted by easy-r
    D3 crashed and burned hard, from the gate it was a clear disappointment (even though the first playthrough was fun, and checking out other classes) they would have been better off and made most fans of D2 happier by just making another D2 expansion.  I could but won't go into greater detail.

If by crashed and burned, you mean gets a million unique logons per day, and 4 million unique logns per month, an entire year after its release, then ya, it crashed and burned.

sauce?
    Originally posted by doodphace

If by crashed and burned, you mean gets a million unique logons per day, and 4 million unique logns per month, an entire year after its release, then ya, it crashed and burned.

failed compared to D2 then

For some, quality > quantity and this illustrates the exact problem with MMO and games today; it would be interesting to see how many of those logins cited by blizzard were bot client purchases or randomized IP uniques, I stopped playing soon after beating the game and it delivered its generous 100 hours of fun or so, but from the overall look to the gameplay, the story and the item building journey, character development and more, it's no D2, not to mention current D2 is still one of the most fun and challenging pvp games out there when done right.

I did stop back in once a month or 2 ago and the pop seemed like nothing from a glance, it is hard to say accurately with the new failure of server browsing though, but the game is hardly replayable (not at all for me) and just doesn't deliver that fast paced D2 charm.  Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

/facepalm

And because you can play it offline like every other Diablo game prior to the D3 PC version... 

As far as the auction house... you know that without it they have to fix the loot drop rates right? They've had to even with the auction house on PC due to the complaints of it making the auction house less optional. 

Yet millions of people have played, and continue to play, the game before major changes in the loot drops. The auction house has always been completely optional.

considerably less than played and STAYED with diablo 1 and 2

Look at above post showing off about 1 million logins per day, 1 year in.  Thats nothing compared to D2, i'm betting D2 had  at least double that around 5 years after release.

Originally posted by doodphace

failed compared to D2 then

Sold twice as many copies in it's first two weeks than D2 ever sold. More concurrent logins now than D2 ever had by a wide margin. If that's failure I can't imagine what the standard for success would be.

errrr  of course it had more logins.  LOGIN WAS FRIKIN OPTIONAL IN DIABLO TWO

so if D3 sold 8+ million copies, WHERE THE HELL DID EVERYONE GO?

/facepalm

Until you start bad-mouthing Path of Exile for being online only, that part is a complete non-issue. It's a ridiculous double standard.

You realize that the loot drop rates are actually fine, right? God forbid you actually have to, oh I don't know, GRIND for loot upgrades in an ARPG. You know, the same way we did in Diablo 1 and 2, Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, Nox, Torchlight 1 and 2, and pretty much every ARPG ever made.  Baal runs anyone?

You strike me as the type of person who would go buy the absolute best gear possible on the AH, grind for an hour, then go to the forums and complain that you couldn't find upgrades.

Oh BTW PoE's endgame consists of GRINDING FOR LOOT. But I guess in that game it's once again perfectly acceptable, right?

Disclaimer: Not bashing PoE. I enjoy it and D3 a great deal, for different reasons. I use it only as an example of the idiotic & hypocritical double standards applied to Blizzard & Diablo.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I''m going to buy it cause I have money and YOLO.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I refuse to purchase a Blizzard game...even when it ends up in the $5 bin.

/facepalm

Yet millions of people have played, and continue to play, the game before major changes in the loot drops. The auction house has always been completely optional.

considerably less than played and STAYED with diablo 1 and 2

Look at above post showing off about 1 million logins per day, 1 year in.  Thats nothing compared to D2, i'm betting D2 had  at least double that around 5 years after release.

Do you have any actual raw data to back this up, or are you just (unsurprisingly) pulling numbers out of your ass? Because I most certainly can do that as well.

And no, simply saying, "I'm betting that",  doesn't qualify the statment or figures succeeding it as valid data, sorry.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Will i be able to play with 3 other people at my house? not online? 

C