Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Limited time starter packages and RSI Aurora LX ship!

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

....and don' forget to download the pdf brochure of the most beautiful little starter ship in history!

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/the-aurora-revealed/

cheers

Doc B

Comments

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by DocBrody

....and don' forget to download the pdf brochure of the most beautiful little starter ship in history!

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/the-aurora-revealed/

cheers

Doc B

Limited? As limited as the first time they sold the limited packages with lifetime insurance?

Glad I raced to buy the package I did(cause the time was running out), only to find out they would be offering them again every few months.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Pardon my ignorance...

What is this and why does it remind me of Privateer, Freelancer, and the like?

I'm on the site and seriously too much info.  Info overload.  Would someone be so nice as to cliff notes this for me please?

• maxtd3maxtd3 Member Posts: 2

It's hard to describe. It's similar to EVE but with FPS combat elments for both: you space ship and your avatar and built on cryengine3 so has very high fidelity and insane immersion level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOx9rrv8MAc

The reason it reminds you of those games is because the guy in charge of this one is the same guy who designed those games. :p

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

This will help as well ......

http://vimeo.com/51135962#

I can't wait.

~Hairysun

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Pardon my ignorance...

I'm on the site and seriously too much info.  Info overload.  Would someone be so nice as to cliff notes this for me please?

As far as I can understand it, it seems to have a single-player phase (storyline plot a la Wing Commander) where you play a carrier-based navy pilot. At the end of that you can join the masses in an MMO universe that sounds like Freelancer/Privateer on a grand scale.

Or you can skip the navy career and dive straight into the MMO part...

Pardon my ignorance...

Chris Roberts made both of those, so it stands to reason that this game(also made by him) will be very similar. In fact a lot of his goals he's stated so far, line up with his original goals with freelancer(as far as economy goes).

2nd video was very mind blowing as far as what can be achieved.

I can't find this on the website... is this B2P?  F2P?  P2P?

Is Star Citizen “free to play”? A subscription game?

To play Star Citizen you need only to buy the initial game. There will never be a monthly charge for usage. Some in-game items may be available as microtransactions, but we will NEVER sell anything that can’t be acquired through honest (and fun!) gameplay.

From the looks, you'll in essence be buying the box.  With the 9m stretch goal reached everyone will be getting lifetime insurance for the next couple of days/weeks/months.

Oh so many questions.. I feel like a n00blet.

2nd video was very mind blowing as far as what can be achieved.

I can't find this on the website... is this B2P?  F2P?  P2P? 

From the looks, you'll in essence be buying the box.  With the 9m stretch goal reached everyone will be getting lifetime insurance for the next couple of days/weeks/months.

Oh so many questions.. I feel like a n00blet.

It's buy 2 play, but.....This is a big but that I feel people should now, the persistent universe will have an ingame store where you can buy credits with real money(so however you wish to call that is up to you, there's been many  many debates on their site over this)

The good thing though, you get sq42(just like wing commander, a single player/co-op campaign game), with access to a persistent(mmo like) universe that you can continue to play in.(almost like buying two games).

If you like mmo worlds without the mmo players lol, you can also continue to play the universe offline(where you just fly around space and do whatever you want) private server like freelancer

Darn you people!  You've cost me money.   Man I hope this is as good as it seems.

As for the currency buying, I sold 30 day time cards on Eve on the regular to help fund my guild (at the time).  As long as it's factored, then I'm sure it'll resolve itself.