Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it late to start the game?

13»

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Dolmong

WOW thanks for all the response !!

I'm sold!!

Which server should I start on? (I'm alone, if any guild welcome for casual gamer like me I'm welcome to join you)

Also which class is preferably more enjoyable to you !? 

I can't believe this little topic can last 5 pages !! WOOHOO !! Now I can tell the community is great !

Sanctum of Rall, Jade Quarry or Blackgate are probably your best bets for server.. class really depends on style.. what type of class do youl ike to play normally?

Dolmong is from Asia though (Hong Kong), no idea what server would be best for him timezone wise.

ahh didn't see that.. true true..

Ooh, didn't see that either... Dol, you may want to check out the guild "FOO" on our server as well. They're mostly from your part of the globe. But FIRE always has it's doors open for good people. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    It's really not difficult at all to catch up :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I got this game from launch, but I hardly play it coz of real life issue.

Now I like to start MMO coz I missed it, and looks like GW2 a good place to be.

1.)  How you feel about this game so far?  

2.) I'm a casual gamer, and I have lots of busy real life stuffs going on, will I still be having fun?

3.) Hows the questing and dungones?  I don't have time for long hours and raid, will I still be enjoying the game?

4.) I'm not big fans of PvP, but I do enjoy world event pvp if play together, how was it?  Rewarding?

5.)  Is this game rewarding towards gears/achievement if I spend time on it?

6.) More details will be good to me !! :)  such as any future plan/expansion that GW2 is planning to do ?? 

Great thanks guys for any insight.

1: It was fun in the beginning but I must warn you, if you plan on playing a ranger necromancer or engineer do yourself a favor and don't make any other class otherwise you'll notice a huge disparity between how some classes just faceroll and how some have serious bugs design flaws they never fixed.

2: As one of the most casual gamers I left this title because they didn't provide ample open world end game progression. There are Metas to free temples and to fight large dragons however the timers on them are poorly designed to get ready to spend an hour waiting on a dragon to land AFTER the time the system says it's coming with no indicator. The other thing that bothered most of us was how they completely nerfed the loot in the game, sure they have a daily rare guaranteed but if you truly are a casual gamer and not a dungeoneer you'll notice that nothing drops anything larger then a green for the most part, even the harder to kill Champion mobs you'll encounter so making money and/or gathering materials for the gear you need will be very difficult outside of a single dungeon called FotM or WvW which is pvp zone. If you like those things then you shouldn't call yourself casual.

3: Questing to get to max level was extremely fast, I liked it. I didn't like the VO's where you're just standing there with one dude with a weird background while the guy made weird faces while talking. I thought that was a cheapening experience for the story and the talking was like reading a book on radio instructions is was so boring and emotionless. Dungeons still do not have a LFG tool. Add to that the recent bigotry towards certain classes or whether or not you have a certain type of armor on before you join a dungeon group and you've got a less then pleasant experience. Also, most people have already done the story versions of the dungeons and most likely will not want to do them, but they are required to do the explore versions so you might find yourself stuck unless you are lucky and find a really good guild (most of which would have left the game by now I would suspect).

4: some say WvW is fun some say it's boring. I didn't like it because I'm a casual pve player. I further hated that all of the meaningful end game loot was either in WvW or in the single dungeon called FotM so if you needed to farm you had to go into the WvW area to do so and they have roaming bands of gankers who do nothing all day except find people who are alone and gank. Yeah that's always fun >.> Trust me you'll be doing an enormous amount of farming in this game.

5: If you're talking about Laurels it will most likely take you about 10-16 months to get the max gear available. If you're talking exotics (tier 6 whereas tier 7 is ascended) it's much shorter and you can mixmatch exotics (there are sets but for most that wasn't as important as the stats or "enchantments" tho you'll need some gold if you are going to get the gear you need from the crafted versions which is the fastest way, and most likely you'll run into the same problems most people have where gold was a very big issue due to Arenanet's newly implemented in Nov 2012 penny economy where you earn pennies but everything costs 100 bills.

6: Not sure if they are planning an expansion this year. I still frequent their forums on the off chance they might have actually come to their senses and listened to their fanbase finally fixing many an item that caused alot of people to leave this game. Don't let the server load indicators fool you full doesn't mean what it should and often even tho the server says full it's usually got a whole bunch of accounts there but no one can really say when the last time people logged in really was, their accounts can just be sitting there taking up virtual space and they haven't logged in since Nov 2012. :)

Hope my honesty was refreshing.

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    The best thing about this game is that it is never to late to start.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

WOW thanks for all the response !!

I'm sold!!

Which server should I start on? (I'm alone, if any guild welcome for casual gamer like me I'm welcome to join you)

Also which class is preferably more enjoyable to you !? 

I can't believe this little topic can last 5 pages !! WOOHOO !! Now I can tell the community is great !

Man I dig the guardian course that is because it's my main.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by itgrowls

1: It was fun in the beginning but I must warn you, if you plan on playing a ranger necromancer or engineer do yourself a favor and don't make any other class otherwise you'll notice a huge disparity between how some classes just faceroll and how some have serious bugs design flaws they never fixed.

2: As one of the most casual gamers I left this title because they didn't provide ample open world end game progression. There are Metas to free temples and to fight large dragons however the timers on them are poorly designed to get ready to spend an hour waiting on a dragon to land AFTER the time the system says it's coming with no indicator. The other thing that bothered most of us was how they completely nerfed the loot in the game, sure they have a daily rare guaranteed but if you truly are a casual gamer and not a dungeoneer you'll notice that nothing drops anything larger then a green for the most part, even the harder to kill Champion mobs you'll encounter so making money and/or gathering materials for the gear you need will be very difficult outside of a single dungeon called FotM or WvW which is pvp zone. If you like those things then you shouldn't call yourself casual.

3: Questing to get to max level was extremely fast, I liked it. I didn't like the VO's where you're just standing there with one dude with a weird background while the guy made weird faces while talking. I thought that was a cheapening experience for the story and the talking was like reading a book on radio instructions is was so boring and emotionless. Dungeons still do not have a LFG tool. Add to that the recent bigotry towards certain classes or whether or not you have a certain type of armor on before you join a dungeon group and you've got a less then pleasant experience. Also, most people have already done the story versions of the dungeons and most likely will not want to do them, but they are required to do the explore versions so you might find yourself stuck unless you are lucky and find a really good guild (most of which would have left the game by now I would suspect).

4: some say WvW is fun some say it's boring. I didn't like it because I'm a casual pve player. I further hated that all of the meaningful end game loot was either in WvW or in the single dungeon called FotM so if you needed to farm you had to go into the WvW area to do so and they have roaming bands of gankers who do nothing all day except find people who are alone and gank. Yeah that's always fun >.> Trust me you'll be doing an enormous amount of farming in this game.

5: If you're talking about Laurels it will most likely take you about 10-16 months to get the max gear available. If you're talking exotics (tier 6 whereas tier 7 is ascended) it's much shorter and you can mixmatch exotics (there are sets but for most that wasn't as important as the stats or "enchantments" tho you'll need some gold if you are going to get the gear you need from the crafted versions which is the fastest way, and most likely you'll run into the same problems most people have where gold was a very big issue due to Arenanet's newly implemented in Nov 2012 penny economy where you earn pennies but everything costs 100 bills.

6: Not sure if they are planning an expansion this year. I still frequent their forums on the off chance they might have actually come to their senses and listened to their fanbase finally fixing many an item that caused alot of people to leave this game. Don't let the server load indicators fool you full doesn't mean what it should and often even tho the server says full it's usually got a whole bunch of accounts there but no one can really say when the last time people logged in really was, their accounts can just be sitting there taking up virtual space and they haven't logged in since Nov 2012. :)

Hope my honesty was refreshing.

Actually it's not honest accurate or refreshing ...but to each their own

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

It's an extremely good game that'll soak a lot of your time.

I'm starting to get a little bored....after like 2000 hours of gametime.  =P

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

Not too late to start but too late to get the most out of GW2.
    I bought GW2 when it was released, played a few classes and stopped because of other stuff I had to do (my main was level ~60). I came back for the winter events and stopped again.
    A few days ago I thought it's time to get my main to level 80 and I'm having fun BUT boy those level 50-70 zones are empty! I tried a few servers but it's always the same. You have to do all the dynamic events on your own and you hardly see anyone running around... that's a bit frustrating to be honest. Especially if you can't do the boss fights.