Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranged class

tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Is there any ranged class except for the mage?

I normally play ranger/hunter but it seems that theres no such class on NW. Is there any class playable with gameplay close to the ranger/hunter?

Comments

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    No, can try revisiting the game later when they release more classes/playstyles.

To answer the first Q, the cleric is ranged.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by tryklon

Is there any ranged class except for the mage?

I normally play ranger/hunter but it seems that theres no such class on NW. Is there any class playable with gameplay close to the ranger/hunter?

Nope.

And now people will start ranting and raving about how one of the next classes will be a huntard because of some leaked items with archer class restriction on it.  Even though a Mod, Truthseeker, who is know for honest truth stated that the first ranger will be melee based.  Which makes since when you consider that already there will be a ranged class slated for the first batch of classes to be added, the Warlock.

For Neverwinter, the game be be best treated like wine.  Let it age a bit since really right now they have crap selection for classes.

• kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    The Warlock and Ranger class will be release around a month after April 30th per dev on forums, so check back around June 1st if Control Wizard or Cleric does not appeal to ya.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Not yet... though they seriously need an archer in there. Silly IMO to hold back on a range class like that when its a style that a lot of people like.
  • Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    Well there is the cleric. =p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• darksilverdarksilver Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by monstermmo
    Well there is the cleric. =p

Yeah there is and he is the reason why we don't have the Battle Cleric. 

http://epicslantpress.com/mmo-radio-podcast/episode-13-neverwinter-featuring-lead-designer-zeke-sparkes/ ~26m.25s

Well the next 2 classes are strikers. Warlock is full range and was nearly finish. I have heard conflicting storys on Ranger, datamining shows ranged At-Wils but a few month back the word was out that the Ranger would not be a Archer. So how knows.......

• Delavega86Delavega86 Member Posts: 112

it just seems crazy for a fantasy mmo not to have an archer class. seriously wth?

i dont play archers.. but cmon, they're classic. they should be in from launch.