Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scarlet Blade Ads on MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Do these guys even advertise anywhere else? Seems like they shot their whole advertising wad here...so to speak.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Apparently the less clothing worn the higher the armour level :P

Seriously, are they advertising a game or a pr0n mag XD

I'll put a fiver on  the player base being between 13 and 17, male, playing with the lights off in their fap cave XD  Any takers? lol

Is the game any good btw?  Or is it just good for building up the muscles of one arm giggidy giggidy.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by B1mble

Apparently the less clothing worn the higher the armour level :PSeriously, are they advertising a game or a pr0n mag XDI'll put a fiver on  the player base being between 13 and 17, male, playing with the lights off in their fap cave XD  Any takers? lolIs the game any good btw?  Or is it just good for building up the muscles of one arm giggidy giggidy.

13 - 17 year olds will fap to monkyes in a zoo, whats your point?
    Originally posted by birdycephon

I'll put a fiver on  the player base being between 13 and 17, male, playing with the lights off in their fap cave XD  Any takers? lol

Is the game any good btw?  Or is it just good for building up the muscles of one arm giggidy giggidy.

Just having a laugh sheesh.  Who p**sed on your chips.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

I think the most important question is, how can these companies crap out MMO's like water from the tap?

How the hell do they maintain all of those?

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

I think the most important question is, how can these companies crap out MMO's like water from the tap?

How the hell do they maintain all of those?

I would guess that they have a base engine onto which the tack graphics and other formulaic crap.  Someone picks a theme then they copy, paste and paint.

This games selling point is the fact that it sails fairly close to pr0n and is aimed at the male age range that has just developed body hair and a deepening voice.  Tits always sell.

It is offensive only because you can see the deliberate money pit and short life span.  I doubt; no I am fairly positive that games such as this are only made to get as much cash in a short a time as possible before closing.   Lifespans for this kind of product are rarely more than a few years.

Updates apart from keeping it running are probably if not certainly an extremely low priority.

Maintaining this kind of clone probably consists of  paying taxes and checking bank accounts.

• MarleVVLLMarleVVLL Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by winter
    I'm a adult and mature enough to know sex happens, and that sex sells. In the end how much worse can it be then the majority of genacidal hacknSlash MMO's that focus on meaningless mass murder for fun? Is death and violence > then sex?

My main reason for the disapproval of these ads is as follows: I play games for tatical challenge, not to look at boobs. While there certainly is a cultural response to the ads (and I typically agree with it), I personally would rather see ads that relate to gameplay and not on a silly sex sale.

MMO migrant.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by birdycephon

Just having a laugh sheesh.  Who p**sed on your chips.

I aint even mad, I was just trying to find deeper meaning in what you said while taking a crack at teenagers.

For me though, the game is aight, its nothing we havent seen before. Aside from some occasional nudists, and a ton of inuendo, the game is average at best.

Worth a look, but nothing to really sink your teeth into.

• IsometrixIsometrix Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is. It's fine if an ad has a guy cleaving something in half with an axe, but if there's half of a female nipple, it's a problem. 

The problem is the way they're advertising the game. 

"It's getting hot in here so take off all your gear". Really? This game apparently only has one selling point and that's halfnaked ladies, because that's the only thing I've seen in the 5 or so masive ads for it. 

The problem isn't nudity in a game. The problem is using nudity as a way of promoting a game that has no other unique features that make it worth playing. It gives a bad reputation to games like this in general. It's a ridiculous way to get people to play your game.

Not even interested in trying the game out because of these ads.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

haha! its so funny to see this crap that often beginns with "im adult. i know sex sells". the ones using that arguement are often the ones knowing less than avarge joe about ads. sex dosent sell. what it does is alienating the other sex to be a poteniell consumer. just look at the market that are focusing on one dimensional sexism. does it go well for them? nah, i wouldnt say so. companies focusing to include both sexes. just look at mobile games that are taregeting a large group of ppl. pwning every single top chart.   

ppl on forumes seems to know tons about advertising nowdays, i blame mad men for it. 

best wishes from a mofo with a freaking master degree in the subject. and yes, it does count. 

bai

edit: and for the sake of it. please look up how it went for dr pepper when they tried to pull this sexism sht. guess what happend with em suckers. they had to say sorry because their sales dropped. why? well mainbly because a large chunk of the products consumers felt left out with the ads... so yeah. sexisms sells in my behind. 

bai again. 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Isometrix
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is. It's fine if an ad has a guy cleaving something in half with an axe, but if there's half of a female nipple, it's a problem. 

The problem is the way they're advertising the game. 

"It's getting hot in here so take off all your gear". Really? This game apparently only has one selling point and that's halfnaked ladies, because that's the only thing I've seen in the 5 or so masive ads for it. 

The problem isn't nudity in a game. The problem is using nudity as a way of promoting a game that has no other unique features that make it worth playing. It gives a bad reputation to games like this in general. It's a ridiculous way to get people to play your game.

Not even interested in trying the game out because of these ads.

the ads clearly show what game to expect,,they attracted me , and turned you away,,mission accomplished

this is a one trick pony, and the nudity is the trick

4 days of entertainment for 25$,,im good with that

it was fast, it was easy, and it was pretty fun

and it offered a smoother ride , than most AAA mmos,,no bugs in 4 days, and VERY user friendly

the settings screen had a "use for character", and a "use for account" function,,very nifty

• AstrumNivalAstrumNival Member Posts: 19
    sex sells.
    Originally posted by AstrumNival
    sex sells.

yup,,even cartoonish fantasies, like this

imagine , if TERA went all the way

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by AstrumNival
    sex sells.

yup,,even cartoonish fantasies, like this

imagine , if TERA went all the way

TERA was dialed back for the West (US, specifically)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

doesnt surprise me, they tend to have problems with this issue

its just funny, that sex is clearly a big part of their modern society

they just wont admit it, and face the problems

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

I rly dont have any problem with them and dont see why they should be.

The target audience for that game is 11-16 year old boys and it most likely works.

If those pixelated hentai/animeish pictures makes you feel uncomfortable you should ask yourself why.  If you walk into a bookstore that also sels magazines what do you see on most covers?

ANY game does this in one way or another, scarlet blade just has more focus on it as it is their only selling point.

The "loli" from the elsword ad that has the girl with the yellow/greenish hair also makes sure her booty tries to get ur attention when you look at the ad.

I have a youtube channel with almost 10k subs. I dont do it usually as i think it is cheap but i have tested it with changing thumbnails. A thumbnail from the game itself drawed a average amount of vieuwers most of my videos get, When i uploaded part 2 of said video with a thumbnail that was focussed on some animeish boobies it almost got 3 times more vieuwers.

• GranDuxGranDux Member Posts: 70

The hypocrisy never ceases to fail and the same religious failure and soccer mommy attitudes unfortunately is reflected in the mindset of some gamers who aren't as open-minded. It is pointless to justify a morality in video-gaming and pulpit preaching, while at the same time many games require immoral actions that would be considered illegal in-real life <The act of killing or slaughtering, stealing, handle of dangerous weapons, etc> yet no mention of these things expect when the issue of sexuality comes up.

Why are so many video-games only filled with violence? Because the developers in the west are half-scared and nanny paranoid about venturing into other avenues and themes in gaming. So we have a mass production of violent filler-type games which have become the standard, not because it makes the games unique or worthy but because it is the monetary vaule in which companies can cash on quick $$$. Less thought and innovation, just quick sells and remedies and box-in thinking.

I have seen true r-rated films in which nudity and sex is present and isn't curved, scrubbed or scaled back like games. I have read novels with graphic details and themes so mature that it would set the brows of mmo gamers on fire if they can't even handle a tease like Scarlet Blade. So why is it still the same problem that other medias can express or talk about sexuality yet when it comes to gaming the pew talkers come out, child- cult worshipers, and the wannabe bible thumpers moral white-knights?

Because it's been taught that sexuality and nudity is bad, that gaming is strictly for young audiences and that gaming can't be anything else but violence and moral dictatorship. It's more acceptable to watch someone or something die, graphic displays of death and mutiliation occuring in death, or blood splatters dripping down from foes and enemies alike ironically than for a game to have an ounce of sexuality in it's mists. Suddenly if it does have sexuality or nudity immoral and wrong, but at the same time enjoying and watching things die is without question. Wonder if this has to do with a perceived gender-outlook of the audience as well. If it's more acceptable for a male to be enranged or in a killing-state, than it is for one to be aroused or female likewise to be aroused or curiousity? It's okay to rip heads off but we can't have sexyness oh no! ;)

It is pointless to have a pseudo morality in gaming, when most games require immoral actions in the game-play in the first place, some including and insisting on immoral actions in order to progress or even 'enjoy' the features of the game <killing has never been so fun and rewarding>. Keep in mind that SB was not made for children, but for an adult 18+ audience in korea that has no problem with hints of sexual themes in their games as they treat fantasy and fiction seperate from real-life<as it should be>. It is the west who takes these games and under-sells them for the $$$ demograph because no one dares to make an actual 18+ mmo and because it lacks the actual adult content to make it 18. The result is stagnificant M rated mmos. The artwork of SB is fine in its origin and but the mechanics not so much <the game mechanics could have been done a lot better than the standard run of mill mmo routine with an added touch of quest crazyness>. Those bashing Blade because of the nudity have no real idea how hard it is to actually create those visuals and how artistic the developers have to be to make every curve and expression in the game without resulting in ugly disportions or sore-thumb stick outs. Nor have any appreciation for artwork to began with.

Sad to see I can see a more professional and less biased reviews on a book about sex <Fifty Shades of Grey> than the comfort-zone guilt-trip factor inserted by corporate religion r us article writers and their followers. I do not have a problem with blood or sex<or any fiction at all>, but it is a problem when those involved in gaming form a hypocrisy of one thing, yet exclude and excuse the other. Who are we exactly trying to prove here when games like SB get bashed just for it's sexuality? What? Scoring brownie-points with barney or whinny uncomfortable folks in the first place? If everyone in real-life thought or acted like this, there would be no human-race. Why? Because no one would want to reproduce, because sex or sexuality is immoral and indecent for our bible-thumping selves.

It's too bad a magazine rack in a grocery store out-right talks about sex or the concepts of sex with flamboyant advertising than the squeamishness gaming is still intrapped in. Other medias have advanced yet gaming doesn't want to grow up.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    This thread never seems to end. 
  • Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    Just more garbage (not really even referring to the brain dead skimpy outfit stuff either), in a world filled with it.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Vorch

Your thoughts. I'm not even going to give my opinion first.

I want to see how people feel about these.

Funny, silly, take your pick.  But some people are going into hysterics about them.  Typical of the PC brigade.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    What does being offended by girls in bikinis have to do with being a mature adult ? Why do people think that unless you're outraged by these things you're some teenager ? They're Ads to a game I don't care about...that's it. They made me laugh the first few times I saw them, then I got over it.

Because if you aren't "offended" you are obviously not PC enough to be "mature"... ^^  The game is little more than yet another grinder.  The eye candy is just funny, nothing to go into hysterics about, but then I've never been PC.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."