Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only in Wushu - The Most Epic MMORPG Night Ever.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Tell me another game, where you can go from crafting darts to put in your shop, to 4 Votes shy of Faction Leader. 

That's all I was doing, making darts in preparation for the week ahead. My guild learder asked if any Tangmen wanted to join the School Meeting. School meeting is a tournament in whcih Deacons, Elders, and the School Headmaster are chosen. 3 rounds, then a Vote.

The first round is a free for all. Memebers of each school fight each other for 15 minutes. The 3 with the most killing blows move on. I finished Second my guild leader was 1st, another guildie was 3rd. We all moved on.

2nd Round, The 3 Deacons from last week enter the fray.  It's now last 3 standing, you die, you're out. My guild leader died, I and 2 others moved on to the final round. 

3rd round again is last man standing. At the end it was myself and one other, The former Head Master, current Elder, #1 Constable (by a mile) the Great Empress Wu.

Empress chose to use her Departed Sting Style, a wicked style, used by the all women's school, Emei. Departed Sting is a style heavy on control and burst damage. I chose to use Perish Blade. The evil set from Wander's Valley. Shocking power and surprising survivability.

We were infornt  of 30 or so spectators.  I charged, she blocked, I spun with my double stings in a upward circular motion like a ballerina. Wu Jumped and came down planting her stings in me for a stun. I made a mistake, she caught me. I was now on the defensive. I soon made another mistake, she took advantage again.

Just like that I was down to 70% health. I had to move, I thought to myself "You know her style." I collected myself and ended up land two strong blows, blows that added several evil dots. I pressed on. She switched styles while blocking, to the Tangmen dagger set, Golden Snake Sting. I didn't see her switch, but I knew she was switching. She was going for her rage Swallow The Whale, a devistating attack of 15 dagger thrust, that's be known to 90%-0 people. 

She went for it. To what I believe was everyone's surpise I powered through it, and was not locked in place. I piroetted 3 times, blades eating flesh, and stealing life. Just before the end of the 3rd spin, I downed her, I was declared the victor, with only 5% Hp left. 

People where stunned, but none as stunned as me. What just happned? I was making darts 50 minutes ago, now people are saying vote for me? Wow,  just wow.  10 minutes later I look up, and I'm winning the vote, by a lot. The school was voting for me. 

It wasn't ment to be. The encumbent Head Master came back in the last 4 minutes to win. I didn't win, but I became an Elder. I got an awesome outfit, a flashy title that appears in school chat, and the ride of my mmorpg life.

Great job SnailGames. Well done. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    gz
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Congrats!

I really liked PvP in this game as well, there's a lot to it and they've made the great choice of having all these player-driven things that are connected with it.

Anticipating the EU version though, doesn't seem like they're ready to release anytime soon.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

I'm not done pulling every string I can find to get you into that headmaster spot.

Next week man...next week, we'll get this down.

The funny thing is that the incumbant headmaster didn't even want it.  His guild forced him back into to prop up a meta-alliance that is on the verge of crumbling as they continue to lose positions in schools.

Also, what gives - why was Wu on an Emei set (that basically sucks, for non-Emeis)?  I'm somewhat shocked you managed to survive a Whale due to your low HP (particularly on perish blades!?) or did you Cicada out of it?

• ext1ext1 Member Posts: 98

Great story! It's stuff like that, that makes AoW so great.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Alamareth

I'm not done pulling every string I can find to get you into that headmaster spot.

The funny thing is that the incumbant headmaster didn't even want it.  His guild forced him back into to prop up a meta-alliance that is on the verge of crumbling as they continue to lose positions in schools.

Also, what gives - why was Wu on an Emei set (that basically sucks, for non-Emeis)?  I'm somewhat shocked you managed to survive a Whale due to your low HP (particularly on perish blades!?) or did you Cicada out of it?

Wu is a monster with Departed Sting. She has great timing, her timing with that set gives her control, much like a begger with Lotus Palm. After I made my second mistake, I was lucky enough to goose out of range of her stun. If I didn't, I would have been below 50% instead of 70%

Perish Blade, has a life drain on damage. I was able to out dmg/heal through her Whale. Now how I was able to continue attacking through her whale, that's my secret. It wsn't Cicade though image

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Make sure to record an video next time, We all want to watch imageimage
    Originally posted by bcbully

Wu is a monster with Departed Sting. She has great timing, her timing with that set gives her control, much like a begger with Lotus Palm. After I made my second mistake, I was lucky enough to goose out of range of her stun. If I didn't, I would have been below 50% instead of 70%

Perish Blade, has a life drain on damage. I was able to out dmg/heal through her Whale. Now how I was able to continue attacking through her whale, that's my secret. It wsn't Cicade though image

Yeah, it's just that Departed Sting is a little like Lotus Palm in the timing of everything.  The key move for Departed is the stun and Submerge is the knockdown - both are extremely slow skills so you almost always have to set it up with some other sort of gimmick or rely on opponent error.  Departed at least grants some CC protection whereas Lotus drops your pants and lets your ass hang free - so to say.

Anyway, I'm not aware of anything on Perish allowing CC protection (don't really know the set, you know this).  However, even if there was you'd have to activate first and Wu would have to Whale into your attack - which is a massive error no matter how you look at it.

Either way, good job - she isn't easy.  :D

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

i am waiting for age of wulin. 

but sounds like a lot of fun. too bad i ve to wait a long time.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by AlamarethAnyway, I'm not aware of anything on Perish allowing CC protection

You cannot be stunned or interrupted while the ult last.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Anyway, I'm not aware of anything on Perish allowing CC protection

You cannot be stunned or interrupted while the ult last.

My guess is that she whaled into it - woops.  :P

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Some of these stories and footage of advanced gameplay really makes me want to put the work in to get to the good stuff in this game. Might have to get in there and find a guild to help me learn the ropes as I was pretty lost by myself :)
  • rooeyrooey Member Posts: 11

Am still feeling my way through the game and enjoying it. The other night another player attacked and quickly killed me, looting 900 wen from me. It was sort of funny so I didn't really care.

he had 'murderer' above his head. Anyway, a few minutes later, the banner headline read that he'd been arrested! Ha, I thought this is cool

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rooey

Am still feeling my way through the game and enjoying it. The other night another player attacked and quickly killed me, looting 900 wen from me. It was sort of funny so I didn't really care.

he had 'murderer' above his head. Anyway, a few minutes later, the banner headline read that he'd been arrested! Ha, I thought this is cool

• andreibaruandreibaru Member Posts: 43
    great post. Things like this happen everyday in AOW. its the first game sicne EVE in like 6 years that i look back on events and REMEMBER details bc its so damned fun
  • silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

I m in RG and Emei,

Our usual leader got demoted to by some criminal called Shiva, while on Emei, the voted leader did not actually want to be leader but was being voted by the Vietnamise. 

Honestly, I don't really see the point of being leader except for the unique school armor, well at least for RG and emei.

Originally posted by silvermember

I m in RG and Emei,

Our usual leader got demoted to by some criminal called Shiva, while on Emei, the voted leader did not actually want to be leader but was being voted by the Vietnamise. 

Honestly, I don't really see the point of being leader except for the unique school armor, well at least for RG and emei.

The RG leader is currently Mjollnir.  The person who didn't want to be leader was actually Skyflakes on Tangman.  Emei has a real thing for beggars right now and their leader hates me (I'm the leader of Beggars).

All school leaders do is manage the inter-school alliances for school war.  I added onto that creating a helpful community for beggars so that we can get our low ranks up to become more competitive.

Like many things in this game you can make something as meaningful as you want it to be.  I take being the beggar leader seriously, even though it doesn't have a lot of current in-game uses.  I'm motivated to make the sect more of a force as opposed to an afterthought.  Dealing with months of being treated as Emei's pet, I put an end to that and am currently working the sect up to competitive levels.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Congrats, sounds like an epic evening.  I can only watch from the sidelines as I lack the talent to play such a game, but can appreciate those who do.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    is it currently only playable on a NA or chinese server?
  • silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by silvermember

I m in RG and Emei,

The RG leader is currently Mjollnir.  The person who didn't want to be leader was actually Skyflakes on Tangman.  Emei has a real thing for beggars right now and their leader hates me (I'm the leader of Beggars).

All school leaders do is manage the inter-school alliances for school war.  I added onto that creating a helpful community for beggars so that we can get our low ranks up to become more competitive.

Like many things in this game you can make something as meaningful as you want it to be.  I take being the beggar leader seriously, even though it doesn't have a lot of current in-game uses.  I'm motivated to make the sect more of a force as opposed to an afterthought.  Dealing with months of being treated as Emei's pet, I put an end to that and am currently working the sect up to competitive levels.

Actually, i was talking about Mjollnir, but for some odd reason I was on both my accounts at the same time so I kept messing it up. It was Mjollnir and I think he did not want to be leader but instead have shiva or was winning the vote at the time and was begging everyone else to vote for Shiva.

And emei has a lady's agreement and keep voting the same people.

Personally, I spend a lot of the time harassing or used to harrash the old RG leader cuz RG sucks are school wars.