Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Neverwinter: Open Beta Launch Interview

2»

Comments

• BlastoTheRocketBoyBlastoTheRocketBoy Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by udon

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus Classes, 5 is not even half what is needed for the game to be succesfull...
    5 done right is better than 20 done half ass.
    Yeah, too bad they couldnt even manage getting 5 right.

20 half ass classes would have atleast given the game a bit of variety.

Also, cant even imagine what kind of class balance woes we are going to be put through with the constant introduction of new classes.

Paladin tank? Throw out your Guardian Fighters because they are no longer needed.

Why would a guardian fighter become useless if there is another tanking option?  Other games manage this.

yea more tank/healing classes the better.. all you need to do is make sure the mechanics are differn't.. like Rift for example numerous choices for each role but each plays differently.. for example tank soul for rogues in Rift are based mostly on avoidance like warriors in Tera.. also for healing mage healing in Rift is based more on doing damage to pull off heals.. more options the better.. nothing is worse than only having one way to play a certain role gets old eventually...

This...(also why i started rift again 2 days ago :{D

and your i ♥ your sig quote.

• BlastoTheRocketBoyBlastoTheRocketBoy Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by ZDPhoenix

I can tell you that I'll be playing the hell out of this game for one simple thing... and sadly, only one thing: The Foundry.

The "create your own adventure" idea is executed well. Neverwinter's tools feel more empowered than other games that offer similar (EQ2).

NW is not pretty by conventional, modern gamer terms.

It's pretty in that GW1/DDO way, which is a very dated look.

That's not a failing to me... just an observation from playing it.

This as well. Unfortunate that it's 4E rules... but honestly i hope we get a bit more in the way of skill variety... thats about it. My local D&D group is hella down. Also i agree, super diss on 2 char slots (altoholic here).

• prodigal57prodigal57 Member Posts: 2
    Until they change the targetting system I for one will not be giving them any more money.
  • ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by prodigal57
    Until they change the targetting system I for one will not be giving them any more money.

Good luck and enjoy your future in the boring tab target combat model of a WoW clone.

SUP

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I'll play this game, but they won't get a dime from me until I can play my half-elven archer from my pen and paper days...that's all I want to play :)

I feel ya.  Can't wait to play a Drow Ranger.

SUP

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by thr1c3l355
    Originally posted by ZDPhoenix

I can tell you that I'll be playing the hell out of this game for one simple thing... and sadly, only one thing: The Foundry.

The "create your own adventure" idea is executed well. Neverwinter's tools feel more empowered than other games that offer similar (EQ2).

NW is not pretty by conventional, modern gamer terms.

It's pretty in that GW1/DDO way, which is a very dated look.

That's not a failing to me... just an observation from playing it.

This as well. Unfortunate that it's 4E rules... but honestly i hope we get a bit more in the way of skill variety... thats about it. My local D&D group is hella down. Also i agree, super diss on 2 char slots (altoholic here).

Too bad they pissed on all the modding community by not allowing Persistent World creations or DM events.  Those are what carried NWN 1&2 through all the years not the modules.

• FandolonFandolon Member UncommonPosts: 17
    What about the Swordmage? When  /  if are you planning to have that class? i'm saving a character slot for a Swordmage.