Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really Enjoyng the Game but the Cash Shop is soooooo Expensive!!

plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

and i know what ppls first comeback will be "so dont use it then!"

the problem is the game is very clever in manipulating you to use it. with my founders pack i got a 200 stack of healthstones! brillaint. got me out of so many scrapes! go to buy more ....1.5k zen (about £11) Loads of lovely loot dropping all the time, the 2 bags i get with the game are constantly full in no time so i either got to the vendor every 20 mins or go buy a new bag....... 1k zen!! thats like £7.50 in RL money! for a bag!

i know you can sell astral diamonds for zen but at the current exchange rate, if i sold all of my diamonds i got with my founder pack (600k) i would get about 1200 zen. its not much!

The game is really good. thouroughly enjoying it. Its just a shame my sphincter hurts so much from the constant shafting that Cryptic are giving me!

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

Comments

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

If you have played any p2p game like WoW don't you have to pay each month 15bucks for it ? So there you spend let's say 45bucks and you can play the rest of your life for free. Also you don't need to pay any stupid game box / expassion. Those threads are pathetic.

edit: remember, no one works for free and I bet that you too. When some devs put their time into it they want be paye'd. You can do only two things - If you don't like the cash shop, stop playing it. Or play it as a complety free user without spending any money into it. It would be still a good game.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I'll be playing the game as soon as they let the rabble in. And I'll be playing as a complete freeloader with no pre-order "founder's pack" or any other advantage.

It will be interesting to see just how long I can last before I have to make the decision: "Pay or Quit"

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Obviously not good that its exspensive, but as long as you dont need to make purchases to advance in the game itself then its up to PW. what they charge. Dont use the store I say, thats down to yourself control to not want the quick path.
  • ReeseFlamelocksReeseFlamelocks Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by lickm3

If you have played any p2p game like WoW don't you have to pay each month 15bucks for it ? So there you spend let's say 45bucks and you can play the rest of your life for free. Also you don't need to pay any stupid game box / expassion. Those threads are pathetic.

edit: remember, no one works for free and I bet that you too. When some devs put their time into it they want be paye'd. You can do only two things - If you don't like the cash shop, stop playing it. Or play it as a complety free user without spending any money into it. It would be still a good game.

Oh yeah, Cryptic totally wanted players to spend $45 once and never again. They completely created the game around this premise because they will never add more items to the shop or make you feel like you need to buy more items 6 months or 1 year from now. What a brilliant financial plan! Really?

[mod edit]

Played: UO, DAoC, Shadowbane, DDO, LOTRO, Aion, Rift, TERA
    Sampled: WoW, AoC, GW2, Vanguard, FF XIV, Neverwinter
    Playing: ESO

• TokenaruTokenaru Member Posts: 58
    and this is why i dont touch f2p titles that dont offer a subscription model.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Wow nice repsonses in here! I guess this is the level of people who play these kind of games?

I guess just one more reason to quit this game and avoid it at all costs.

At the OP. I agree! I made a topic yesterday about the EXACT same thing!

Just be prepared to get flamed to death.

I paid 56 euros for the Guardian pack and spend some money on keys.

But lo and behold.... I am flamed for bieng a freeloader complaining about cash shop prices and how ingame stuff practically forces you into the Cash Shop. lol.

I play for example Guardian and the T3 companion to go for is the T3 healer companion, which was to be my primary goal to get, as it would complement my character best.

Now here comes the kicker. This T3 companion costs ingame at the vendor 360 Ardent Coins. It's the only one available and the only way to get it.

For people's information. You can get 1 single Ardent Coin a day, by using Invoke prayer at a rest spot.

So you will have to login for a total of 360 days to collect 360 Ardent Coins to be able to buy this T3 healer companion.

But no worries... I am sure Cryptic will put this companion (or a comparable one) in the Zen store soon for a nice PREMIUM price of 40 bucks PER character!

It's stuff like this, which seems to be the typical F2P tactics that really turn me off from these games.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    A good f2p setup should have a sub option that works out cheaper if you play a lot.
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

im not having these issues.  i got the cleric companion so i never need to use potions or healthstones (btw tons of free potions drop)

bag space can be a bit tight, but it helps a ton if you bank everything you dont need on you and have max slots open when you go out to quest.

q dungeons from next to a vendor, that way you can sell loot after each run and not over fill.

really i havent seen a need for the cash shop yet.  its got some cool goodies in the form of mounts and pets but the cleric is more usefull and my armor spider is the best mount in game.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well you are 100% correct,it is stil lVERY misleading to use the F2p title or give players the assumptio nthey ar not paying as much or maybe more.

Yes of couirse they are to be paid,but you know what,many of us prefer the straight up front cost,no hidden BS.

Think of it like buying  a car.We all know they are not giving cars away for free but imagine they pretend to dell you one for 5k,you go grab a car,then they want 20k insurance waiver to take it off the lot.Another 10 k for the actual key ,ignition has a security code,need another 10k for that .Oh you want the air conditioning and windows to work,another 10k.Oh btw the steeering wheel is locked another 10k.Wipers won't work another 10k.Oh ya transmission is locked ,another 10k.oh you wanted a motor ..lol another 50k.

I think we would rahter just have the car work as intended when we buy it,no hidden costs,any other pay plan is very misleading.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    A good f2p setup should have a sub option that works out cheaper if you play a lot.

completely agree with this ^

im more than happy to pay a sub. as ive stated, its a good game, it's worth my £10 a month.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by plescure

and i know what ppls first comeback will be "so dont use it then!"

the problem is the game is very clever in manipulating you to use it. with my founders pack i got a 200 stack of healthstones! brillaint. got me out of so many scrapes! go to buy more ....1.5k zen (about £11) Loads of lovely loot dropping all the time, the 2 bags i get with the game are constantly full in no time so i either got to the vendor every 20 mins or go buy a new bag....... 1k zen!! thats like £7.50 in RL money! for a bag!

i know you can sell astral diamonds for zen but at the current exchange rate, if i sold all of my diamonds i got with my founder pack (600k) i would get about 1200 zen. its not much!

The game is really good. thouroughly enjoying it. Its just a shame my sphincter hurts so much from the constant shafting that Cryptic are giving me!

Told myself I wasn't going to use it but damn if I've not dropped $200 on Zen.  Its nice to have a little bit of disposable inclome but I need to temper my wants LOL.  From now on its only stuff I need.

SUP

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

yea I like those wish more f2p games offered it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by JeroKane

So you will have to login for a total of 360 days to collect 360 Ardent Coins to be able to buy this T3 healer companion.But no worries... I am sure Cryptic will put this companion (or a comparable one) in the Zen store soon for a nice PREMIUM price of 40 bucks PER character!It's stuff like this, which seems to be the typical F2P tactics that really turn me off from these games.

Oh wait wait ... Thats something NEW !! Someone who made f2p game want you to spend money on a pet ? http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:5,c:33 yey, when p2p company does it with their game box prices,expansions,subscriptions then it is everything fine, right ? Simple rule - If you want to have something special then PAY for IT you are not forced to have it.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

you DO realize that the AD-Zen prices will change immediately at launch because this is headstart so only people who've prepaid are playing which severely lowers the number of people posting Zen to the exchange which causes them to be higher cost. Also, Zen you get in other lifetime games can be transfered to this one. 

While I do agree that the bag cost is a bit much, I played a rogue and didn't have to use pots like crazy you mustve been doing a poor companion combo with your toons role. A cleric solved that issue for me on a pure DPS class.

As far as mounts costs are concerned they are actually quite cheap. $5-10 for a horse is nice. The special ones like the wolves are great but personally I would like something a little less crazy for my toons so I'm waiting to see what they come out with for the other types of players other then the crazy pvp ones who must have the most drooling gnarly mount they can find.

I find it funny that people will complain about F2P games just because they are F2P, meanwhile they are being gauged to death by constant and often unecessary (vaporware) charges from Sub games like WoW with an imaginary benefit.

And I'm curious. Uhm Why are you posting things like this here instead of the NW forums wouldn't it be more constructive in the OF, it's not like they don't read our posts unlike other developers (AHEM Arenanet I'm looking at you)

Wow nice repsonses in here! I guess this is the level of people who play these kind of games?

But lo and behold.... I am flamed for bieng a freeloader complaining about cash shop prices and how ingame stuff practically forces you into the Cash Shop. lol.

I play for example Guardian and the T3 companion to go for is the T3 healer companion, which was to be my primary goal to get, as it would complement my character best.

Now here comes the kicker. This T3 companion costs ingame at the vendor 360 Ardent Coins. It's the only one available and the only way to get it.

For people's information. You can get 1 single Ardent Coin a day, by using Invoke prayer at a rest spot.

So you will have to login for a total of 360 days to collect 360 Ardent Coins to be able to buy this T3 healer companion.

But no worries... I am sure Cryptic will put this companion (or a comparable one) in the Zen store soon for a nice PREMIUM price of 40 bucks PER character!

It's stuff like this, which seems to be the typical F2P tactics that really turn me off from these games.

Or you know could wait for the Companion Training Manuals get implemented.  If you bothered to check the COmpanion store you would see they are coming soon.

DOn't bitch about it, especially on a generic gameing site like this.  Post o nthe forums that you want to see them, or bump 1 of the many posts asking for the other companions to get fixed/buffed.  Cryptic did say they will listen to all feedback and enough of us ask for soemthing then it might happen.

Posting here and complaining shows a lack of maturity and only resorts to flaming.

SUP

• kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    There is no need to spend money on this game, other then th $$ spent on founder pack I have not spent any money for zen, the AS to Zen ratio will bottom and even out roughly 2 weeks when it goes full beta tommorrow. Bag space is not an issue, you get more bags latter in the game, pets/mounts are just fluff and not needed so if you spend money on it thats all your fault, potions are a non issue either as you can buy them with the in game gold currency and they drop often. Yes I would have like to seen a sub model to go with the f2p model but heh we might as well get use to it because I do not see many more pure sub games comming out anytime soon.

Oh wait wait ... Thats something NEW !! Someone who made f2p game want you to spend money on a pet ? http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:5,c:33 yey, when p2p company does it with their game box prices,expansions,subscriptions then it is everything fine, right ? Simple rule - If you want to have something special then PAY for IT you are not forced to have it.

The difference is, that those pets/mounts are cosmetically different ONLY or just purely cosmetic period! You can get comparable mounts ingame.

This T3 healer companion is the ONLY one available. At 360 Ardent Coins. There is no other way to get it nor any comparable ones either via different ingame currency, like the other tank/dps/buff companions.

Plus it gives us a long term goal to work for.  Oh hthe horror of not being able to aquire soemthing within the first week of release.

SUP

Originally posted by ZedTheRock

Or you know could wait for the Companion Training Manuals get implemented.  If you bothered to check the COmpanion store you would see they are coming soon.

DOn't bitch about it, especially on a generic gameing site like this.  Post o nthe forums that you want to see them, or bump 1 of the many posts asking for the other companions to get fixed/buffed.  Cryptic did say they will listen to all feedback and enough of us ask for soemthing then it might happen.

Posting here and complaining shows a lack of maturity and only resorts to flaming.

How is this complaining?

Right now tank classes are getting the shaft, compared to other classes who benefit from DPS, Tank or Buff companions, from which T3 ones are much easier obtainable.

This T3 healer companion, the only one, is hardlocked for 360 days!

And training manuals labeled as SoonTM isn't gonna help anyone now.

And when they finally get implemented, what will be the cost? If the Mount upgrade manuals are any indication... then you are looking at at least 3,5 to 4 million Astral Diamonds total to upgrade a T1 companion to T3!

Good luck in acquiring that amount of AD within a reasonable time. Unless you want to convert it. Which is not available yet, as no one is interested in selling AD for Zen yet. You will still be looking at considerable money or insane amount of time investment to get it.  So in the end it ends up being cheaper and less of a headache to just buy it outright in the Zen Store for 40 bucks!

And that is exactly what the OP, me and others are trying to say.

I don't mind having to invest time in a game to acquire stuff. As long as it's reasonable and doesn't turn into an endless mindless grind.

I don't mind Cryptic needing to make money, as they need to to survive. As long as prices are reasonable and the gameplay not gonna suffer from it.

There is a fine balance into everything. And right now the balance on sertain things is WAY OFF and seriously off-putting ! /shrug

How is this complaining?

Right now tank classes are getting the shaft, compared to other classes who benefit from DPS, Tank or Buff companions, from which T3 ones are much easier obtainable.

This T3 healer companion, the only one, is hardlocked for 360 days!

And training manuals labeled as SoonTM isn't gonna help anyone now.

And when they finally get implemented, what will be the cost? If the Mount upgrade manuals are any indication... then you are looking at at least 3,5 to 4 million Astral Diamonds total to upgrade a T1 companion to T3!

Good luck in acquiring that amount of AD within a reasonable time. Unless you want to convert it. Which is not available yet, as no one is interested in selling AD for Zen yet. You will still be looking at considerable money or insane amount of time investment to get it.  So in the end it ends up being cheaper and less of a headache to just buy it outright in the Zen Store for 40 bucks!

And that is exactly what the OP, me and others are trying to say.

I don't mind having to invest time in a game to acquire stuff. As long as it's reasonable and doesn't turn into an endless mindless grind.

I don't mind Cryptic needing to make money, as they need to to survive. As long as prices are reasonable and the gameplay not gonna suffer from it.

There is a fine balance into everything. And right now the balance on sertain things is WAY OFF and seriously off-putting ! /shrug

As I said, shortly the companion shop will have access to Companion Training Manuals to raise them from White to Green to Blue to Purple.

I agree with the premise of your argument but this isn't the place, I even started a thread over o nthe official forums to get those in game as quick as possible.  Do it there (where the Devs will read it) is all I am asking, here is pointless and reeks of complaining, especially considering the team over at NWO said they will listen to all feedback.  Wasted energy doing here friend.

SUP

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Plus it gives us a long term goal to work for.  Oh hthe horror of not being able to aquire soemthing within the first week of release.

Yup, 360 days is certainly a "Long-term Goal". Any longer-term than that, and it would probably be in the realm of "Irrelevant Goal" image

If doing 360 dailies is REALLY the only way of getting that companion, then I have to salute PW/Cryptic. That would mean they've decided to completely ignore current MMO trends and "accepted practice" by going back to the early EQ-style of truly long-term goals. That would take some ballz.

But sadly, it probably just means they will release it via the Cash Shop as part of the "player convenience" offerings.

No, it's not P2W. You can absolutely and legitimately earn it through gameplay, no if's or but's or maybe's. Just login every day (for a year), and pray at the shrine. What could be easier ?

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

There's no such thing as a free lunch

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • UndeadlyUndeadly Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

I'll be playing the game as soon as they let the rabble in. And I'll be playing as a complete freeloader with no pre-order "founder's pack" or any other advantage.

It will be interesting to see just how long I can last before I have to make the decision: "Pay or Quit"

Same here. :D

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I was originally going to buy only the Dragonborn race when it is released in the cash shop (assuming that it is a cash shop race and not available to all for free), but it sounds like I will be needing to spend my money on bags.

Ah well, nothing a few surveys and videos can't fix.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Shaigh

There's no such thing as a free lunch

There is. There totally is.

But you have to consider WHY it is free...