Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Player Feedback is Serious Business

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds' Nathan Richardsson has taken to the Defiance site with a new blog detailing how important player feedback is to the development team when it comes to making "serious improvements" in the game. The blog covers XB360 issues, PC issues, cheating/hacking, items disappearing, PS3 issues with the "big patch" and much more.

PC cheats and hacks. Yes we take them seriously. Very seriously. We have a team from many departments constantly working on this. From engineering, to customer support, security, networking, business intelligence and game design. I‘m happy to report that we‘re now banning far more people, whether they successfully do it or just attempt to.

Our tools, detections, reporting and pre-ventive mechanisms have iproved considerably in the last two weeks after incrased focus on them. Some have been deployed, more is being deployed today, more coming. I know that some players linger in there for a while before we ban them but sometimes we just allow them so we can watch them. We like to watch.

Read the entire, and very frank, post on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Its cool in the beginning but the gameplay get borninf afterwhile
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Cool idea but player feedback cant be serious now with so many basic things missing. Starting with challenging and meaningful game play, social options, ui .... yada yada yada This is 2013 video games have been a round for a long time and mmo's are not new either. Dont act like you need feedback for common sense things missing from your game.
  • madmikethegmmadmikethegm Member UncommonPosts: 43

I hope their cheat detection methods are better than their spelling and proofreading.

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    This game is dead in the water.
    I like to complain about games.
  • samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 98

I play this game on the xbox and absolutely no one talks in game.. if they do it's usually by accident or just them yelling at someone. This kind of anti-social behavior seems to be forced on us. I'm in a party chat with my friends the entire time we play, which is nice and all, but no one in game talks. It feels like i'm all alone even though there are people all around me. 

The game is fun when i'm playing with my friends, but I play this game a lot more than they do and when i'm by myself it's extremely lonely and near impossible to find help for anything. Not all the quests are easy to solo. 

Which brings up another huge issue I seem to be running into. Enemy groups seem to know when you're alone... I did a quest with my friends (3 players) and the enemies that spawn didn't seem to be to hard to take care of. I had a quest in the same area later that day by myself.. and for some reason 2 grenadier and what seemed like 20 trash mobs just come out of no where and *@($# rape my face. This happens A LOT! 

Normally this quest should be easy to handle, just a grab this item and take it back quest. But, for some reason the game seems to want to piss you off and destroy your pride by killing you every 5 seconds with a @#$%load of mobs you could NEVER handle alone. This game was supposed to be smart. The enemies are leveling with you and the game knows when you're alone and when you have friends for help.. and it's suppoed to compensate for that. But, somehow everytime I'm alone, not in a party and no one else is around anywhere.. it wants to @$%@ me over. 

I love this game, don't get me wrong. It needs a crap load of work done to it. Work that I believe Trion will put into it to make it as great as their MMO Rift, was. (A gem of a game that everyone seemed to find boring and dull.)  For now i'll just play other games and probably just hop on every now and again to do side quests and such. Until they fix the games issues.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by madmikethegm

I hope their cheat detection methods are better than their spelling and proofreading.

"Our tools, detections, reporting and pre-ventive mechanisms have iproved considerably in the last two weeks after incrased focus on them. Some have been deployed, more is being deployed today, more coming. I know that some players linger in there for a while before we ban them but sometimes we just allow them so we can watch them. We like to watch."

Shame about your spellchecker.....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I have faith that Trion will build on this game :)

Their reputation depends on it.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Nathan Richardson is full of crud because I was in beta and played some after launch and their devs didn't listen to one word ever about feedback on any part of the game. They still don't listen either.
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

I'm liking the game. I just hope they figure out a way to discourage or not make everyone Overload/Cloak/Shotgun. I'm not lieing here when two nights ago i was killed by nothing but shotguns. I'm quite serious. 3 shadownlands and stealther shotguns...I'm saying EVERY weapon was a shotgun and there was 2 detenators and 1 canker.

Nothing else was used...cept for me and my machine gun getting head crits :)

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    Err, Shadow wars I think is the name of the PVP...lol?

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

People say this game is dead in the water, yet when I log in everyday, there are plenty of people on and more and more new players joining our guild!   Still a great thriving community and the community we have is awesome and in love with the world, maybe not all aspects of the game, but the ones that care are a very strong and supportive community.

As for cloaked shotgunners.  Never have much of a problem.   Gotta say I get killed by infectors more often....that is when they get by the business end of my sniper.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by stragen001
    Originally posted by madmikethegm

"Our tools, detections, reporting and pre-ventive mechanisms have iproved considerably in the last two weeks after incrased focus on them. Some have been deployed, more is being deployed today, more coming. I know that some players linger in there for a while before we ban them but sometimes we just allow them so we can watch them. We like to watch."

Shame about your spellchecker.....

I think this is the first time I have ever seen preventive hyphenated

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I like how they say they take player feedback serious, but they never have.

the amount of feedback they kept getting on things repeatedly through beta which are now bugged on release just blows my mind. not just that, but the feedback they got on basic chat functions alone without any improvements. 

come to think of it, I cant think of anything they improved upon through beta based on player feedback unless it was some sort of show stopper bug. Even then, hello 120hz monitor crash at release that plauged beta

• DracogeekDracogeek Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I don't even talk to friends in the game because the game is so antisocial.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Daranar

People say this game is dead in the water, yet when I log in everyday, there are plenty of people on

I am seeing plenty of people as well. And, I haven't run into any issues with the game at all.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

its diablo 3 all over again.

the forums are fuming- devs  have shutdown- they have a useless twitch online show- and they changed the kill event game mechanics for the worst!!in last minor patch...

i really want to like this game - i cant recomend it to anyone

i recall trion having a good reputation for their game rift.

• sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115

True story. Trion did a good job copying World of Warcraft when they made rift.

A friend of mine tried to get me into buying Defiance, but i did not. I thought it best to wait for some player reviews.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by orbitxo

its dianlo 3 all over again.

the forums are fuming- devs  have shutdown- they have a useless twitch tv show- and they changed the kill event game mechanics for the worst!!in last minor patch...

Yup. So far TRION has been very good in fixing stuff that didn't need fixing and all the serious issues still leaving unfixed!

The whole contribution fix has seriously backfired and TRION is just ignoring it. Eventho people are plea'ing to have it reverted.

They pretty much destroyed the last bit of incentive to group now and turned it into a full SOLO a-hole game. /shrug

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by orbitxo

its dianlo 3 all over again.

the forums are fuming- devs  have shutdown- they have a useless twitch tv show- and they changed the kill event game mechanics for the worst!!in last minor patch...

Yup. So far TRION has been very good in fixing stuff that didn't need fixing and all the serious issues still leaving unfixed!

The whole contribution fix has seriously backfired and TRION is just ignoring it. Eventho people are plea'ing to have it reverted.

They pretty much destroyed the last bit of incentive to group now and turned it into a full SOLO a-hole game. /shrug

even gearbox knows what good gameplay/dev is- they know what they are doin - and they are solo- co-op!!! ( borderlands2)

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    The game is uninspired at best. I heard the same is true about the TV show.
  • Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by BlueTiger33

I'm liking the game. I just hope they figure out a way to discourage or not make everyone Overload/Cloak/Shotgun. I'm not lieing here when two nights ago i was killed by nothing but shotguns. I'm quite serious. 3 shadownlands and stealther shotguns...I'm saying EVERY weapon was a shotgun and there was 2 detenators and 1 canker.

Nothing else was used...cept for me and my machine gun getting head crits :)

I was commenting on that in one of my videos, PvP = Bunny Hop + Shot Gun.  That's it.  Nobody uses anything else, because nothing else is worth using!   I tried to be a sniper in PvP, I've tried infectors (ok, those are fun!)  but once you equip a combat shotgun, with 20 rounds per reload, slot cloak with the perks to do more damage and refresh the cloak on a kill, PvP becomes a bit of a joke.   You don't even have to aim, just fire in the general direction of the bad guy and there's good chance you're winning.

Sadly, cloak is useless however against the radar / aimbot crowd which seems to be growing rapidly.  It is sad, because if Trion doesn't get this under control real quick, they'll never recover.   In fact, it may already be too late.  I have a friends list of 25+ people, and none have been online for the last 4+ days :(

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by Blindchance
    The game is uninspired at best. I heard the same is true about the TV show.

Game is entertaining, show is great.  Problem is because it's actually a good show it will be cancelled and replaced by re-runs of Dr. WhoGivesAShit.