Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we get a forum for black desert now?

muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

They have a site you can link to.

http://www.pearlabyss.com/

Pretty please?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I can't tell whether you think MMORPG.com is going to fall for that or if it's something you actually fell for. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I can't tell whether you think MMORPG.com is going to fall for that or if it's something you actually fell for. 

you think the website is fake?  It seems legit.

The Black Desert facebook links to there as well as several fansites.  If you nslookup www.pearlabyss.com its also about 10-20 miles away from their office.

What makes you think the site is fake?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by muchavez

If that is a genuine site for Pearl Abyss then simply... WOW.

"Black Deserts is a..."  is my favorite part. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by muchavez

If that is a genuine site for Pearl Abyss then simply... WOW.

"Black Deserts is a..."  is my favorite part. 

My favorite part is how people speak more than one language on earth and sometimes they need translation.

anyways the game is much more real compared to Camelot unchained so a forum seems warranted

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

As I have brought up in my thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383062 I believe tha is simply the companies American website the game must have a proper Korean site because they are currently in closed beta and are going to be in open beta by the end of the summer. The website simply must be regon locked or something along those lines.

Also if you read the requirements to have a game listed on mmorpg.com Black Desert sadly does not quite meet them yet.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    It is a legit site for the company. Just a rough placeholder website put up in english. Young-min Choi is the Lead Designer for Black Desert.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Shauneepeak

As I have brought up in my thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383062 I believe tha is simply the companies American website the game must have a proper Korean site because they are currently in closed beta and are going to be in open beta by the end of the summer. The website simply must be regon locked or something along those lines.

Also if you read the requirements to have a game listed on mmorpg.com Black Desert sadly does not quite meet them yet.

Which requirement does black desert not meet that Camelot unchained and freaking AUTO ASSAULT do?  Let me know cuz damn

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Which requirement does black desert not meet that Camelot unchained and freaking AUTO ASSAULT do?  Let me know cuz damn

^ my thoughts exactly.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

LMAO, for that I have no freaking clue maybe the developers paid to have their game listed. In the requirments it says roughly "that a developer may get in contact with the staff and make a defense for why their game should be listed" if I could remember how to get to the instruction page I would have copied exactly what it said but I forgot how.

LMAO, for that I have no freaking clue maybe the developers paid to have their game listed. In the requirments it says roughly "that a developer may get in contact with the staff and make a defense for why their game should be listed" if I could remember how to get to the instruction page I would have copied exactly what it said but I forgot how.

This thread is about a forum for it as per this threads title.  Not a game page or on the list.

This thread is about a forum for it as per this threads title.  Not a game page or on the list.

Can a game really be given its own forum if it does not have a game page though?

Here is the FAQ dealing with games added to the list here (which include getting a forum):

I think there is a game that needs to be added to your list. How do I submit this?

First, let us say thank you for taking the time to help us to maintain an up-to-date Game List. In order to get a game listed, whether you are the game's developer or just a fan who thinks the game belong here, there are a number of steps that need to be followed both in making sure that the game meets our requirements and in getting us the information that we need in order to list it:

Does it meet our requirements?

1. Make sure that the game isn't already on our list. We know that this sounds simple, but there are a lot of them and sometimes they get overlooked.
    2. The game should have the capability to support at least 500 congruent users on a single server. This is not a reflection of the game's current subscriber count, but rather reflects the capabilities of a game's technology.
    3. The game must include some form of common area where players can interact with one another inside of the persistent game world. This excludes lobby and chat room based interaction. Exceptions are made where logical (such as sports MMOs) that still fit within the spirit of what an MMO is.
    4. The game must make use of persistent characters. This means that you should be able to log in after logging out and find your character as advanced as you left them (or more).
    5. The game must contain some form of advancement.

So, what do we need in order to list the game?

When submitting a game to MMORPG.com for review for our Game List, we require the following:

• A visual representation of the game
    • A transparent .psd of your game's logo
    • A textual overview of your game
    • A professional website, name of publisher, name of developer, press contact information.
    • It can also be helpful (but is not required) to provide us with a 1,000 word + developer journal introducing the MMORPG.com readers to your game. Just a general overview of what the game is about and some information about what you feel are the stand-out features of your game.

*A visual representation of the game

3-5 Screenshots: These screenshots must be in-engine, un-doctored screenshots. They must be representative of what a player would see when playing the game.

or

A Gameplay video: The short video does not have to be gameplay only, but should contain a significant and obvious example of un-altered gameplay footage

*Website Requirements

All games to be listed at MMORPG.com must have an active, professional website. The site must be completely free of pop-up ads and spyware.

In the case of an active or in-beta game, the site must also provide access to some kind of user support system including, but not limited to: developer active help / support forums, direct petition system or support contact email.

Exception:

MMORPG.com will occasionally make an exception to the above visual representation rules only if the following conditions are met:

1. User demand for the game's listing is high enough to warrant the decision (as decided by MMORPG.com staff).
    2. The game is being developed by a professional, well known, registered company.
    3. Personal contact has been made between MMORPG.com editorial staff and the studio in quesiton.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Yeah I don't see how conceptual vapourware has a forum, but this game with actual footage and a playable client does not.
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

Here is the FAQ dealing with games added to the list here (which include getting a forum):

1. User demand for the game's listing is high enough to warrant the decision (as decided by MMORPG.com staff).
    2. The game is being developed by a professional, well known, registered company.
    3. Personal contact has been made between MMORPG.com editorial staff and the studio in quesiton.

Thanks for finding it, though the highlighted is what I was talking about I am assuming Pearl Abyss has not made any contact with the MMORPG.com staff and without a proper website this is what we would need. I believe there is enough warrant for the game, the developers previously worked on Continent of the Ninth so #2 is checked as well, we just need #3.

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Thanks for finding it, though the highlighted is what I was talking about I am assuming Pearl Abyss has not made any contact with the MMORPG.com staff and without a proper website this is what we would need. I believe there is enough warrant for the game, the developers previously worked on Continent of the Ninth so #2 is checked as well, we just need #3.

No problem. I'd like to see Black Desert get a spot too, but rules are rules. CU on the other hand fits all three stipulations so I don't have a problem with them having a spot here.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Yeah I don't see how conceptual vapourware has a forum, but this game with actual footage and a playable client does not.

MJ is revered here as a god for unkown reason

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    I'll forward this along.
This discussion has been closed.