Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which faction appeals to you based on info so far?

Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Forget gameplay for a second, there's plenty of chatter about that.  Think about the entertaining and well animated faction introduction videos floating around.  Now which one appeals to you more?  I ask this because I normally always go for the "Good" faction straightaway, but IMO the Dominion has waaaay more personality than the Exiles, and I can't help rooting for them even if they are hard-assed space nazis by all appearances.

Besides, you get to play as ROBOTS.

I think my decision is also based on how annoying the Exile intro character was, with that grating Southern twang in her voice.  Why do so many sci-fi games paint a picture of future colonies being founded by space hillbillies?  It annoyed me in Starcraft too.

Anyway, Dominion FTW.  Time to dish out some "galactic diplomacy".

Exile Intro

Dominion Intro

(sorry if there's a thread like this already, I don't see one)

Comments

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

I picked Dominion here just due to their starting zone (I just love Savannah-based zone design).

Going on actual faction "character", I'd go with the Exile.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

There is more info than just the intro videos so far, so I wouldn't judge the Exiles based on some chick doing an intro video haha.

Anyways, I'm still looking at a Mechari for my first toon, unless the 4th Exile is what most people are hoping for or something even cooler :)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Eluldor

There is more info than just the intro videos so far, so I wouldn't judge the Exiles based on some chick doing an intro video haha.

Anyways, I'm still looking at a Mechari for my first toon, unless the 4th Exile is what most people are hoping for or something even cooler :)

Oh yeah, I saw the Exile chick point to a metal object and mention that it's best not to talk about them.  I figure by the green glow and the syringe that they're not exactly human.  Plus one of the hands that raised during the cinematic had an exposed arm bone. 

Zombies?  Or "something even cooler"?  But what's cooler than zombies?  And if one faction has zombies and one has robots, it'll be that much harder to choose. lol

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275

It's just too difficult, and I'm loving how hard it's been to choose one over the other. There is not a clear-cut good guy or bad guy, which is cool. Each faction and race has its own personality and traits. Still in the mix are two unannounced classes and two unannounced races, one race going to each faction. 

That said, I feel the Cassians screaming my name..........

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    the Horde.
  • ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

lets just say i choose exiles for  my certain 'fetish'.  Dont judge.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    I'm torn, I normally don't like to play humans simply because I don't like to play something that is such a familiar skin. I'd rather play a toon with some anti-human characteristics. As for which faction, Dom because of the Robot, and I'll play Exile if the skeleton race is as cool as I hope ... So BOTH I guess..
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I guess i am a bit of a hard ass so Dominion.I never really stepped back to realize that i usually play the bad guy or evil race in games.

I think i had over 10 EQ2 players and all of them were Evil side lol.

In FFXI i must have had 10 players and 8/10 were the big bad ass Galkans.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• StonemasonStonemason Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Eluldor

Oh yeah, I saw the Exile chick point to a metal object and mention that it's best not to talk about them.  I figure by the green glow and the syringe that they're not exactly human.  Plus one of the hands that raised during the cinematic had an exposed arm bone. 

Zombies?  Or "something even cooler"?  But what's cooler than zombies?  And if one faction has zombies and one has robots, it'll be that much harder to choose. lol

Go to the offical site. Take a look at the "races" tab. It shows the six known races right? But if you look at the top there are SEVEN close-ups, the one that doesnt match the ones below, he looks like an undead of some kind. Green mould or fungi growing on him. It will be interesting when finally released.

Edit: I picked Dominion. Playing a Mechari for sure.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    Dominion. The imperial snob humor is hilarious to me.
    Originally posted by Valentina

Me too!  They're arrogant as hell and it makes me laugh.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by ipeka
    lets just say i choose exiles for  my certain 'festish'.  Dont judge.

ROFL... Please tell!

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820

I second this, though as a Human/Cassian type of guy, the faction doesn't really matter to me.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Aeander

I second this, though as a Human/Cassian type of guy, the faction doesn't really matter to me.

Thirded !

Nothing quite like conquering the galaxy with a fresh gin-and-tonic in one hand 

• SeveneyesSeveneyes Member Posts: 2
    I really love the Mechari, I kind of wish they could be reprogrammed to also be on the Exiles. Something about how oppressive the Dominion is-- coupled with how manipulative the Cassians seem to be of the other races-- kind of makes me not want to play them. I love all of the races in the Dominian but the Cassian just seem corrupt.
  • gramirez85gramirez85 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I only PVP and if I have learned anything from past 2 faction games is that the "good" side is almost always outnumbered.  Knowing there will be a PVP stat choosing the Exiles is a no brainer to me. Faster Q's and more people to kill in OWPVP means faster ranking up for PVP
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    On the info I would go with Dominion - but based on the zones I won't be playing them, lol.  I can't stand brown, bland desert zones.  Maybe I've just lived in Phoenix too long lol.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Hard to say really until last class is released.  Love em both though and each has its own great personalities.

Likely exiles because of What is Wildstar at 2:44... just wtf was that lol

Originally posted by Margulis
    On the info I would go with Dominion - but based on the zones I won't be playing them, lol.  I can't stand brown, bland desert zones.  Maybe I've just lived in Phoenix too long lol.

Ha!  Yeah, I tended to avoid the Horde for a long time for the same reasons.  We'll see.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Exiles Scientist path and Warrior or spellslinger probably.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com