Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel: A New Hope for SWToR

13»

Comments

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

"BioWare seemed to arrive (better late, than never) to the conclusion that just about everyone else in the industry has come to and jumped head-first into already: free-to-play is the future."

That is an ingenious statement. There is no clear indication if P2P is dead. WoW does spectacular, EVE plows along. GW2 is B2P. That said, all the other "failed" MMOS that have gone to FTP, LOTRO, STO, AOC, etc, are actually in some form FTP.

SWTOR has such a restrictive FTP model that they themselves are coining it a "Free to Play option".

The only innovation is that the game found a way to introduce a cash shop to a subscription based game. (Granted the playerbase is now much smaller.)

I would expect a bit more objective anaylisis then a regurgitation of corporate double-speak.

Objectivity from MMORPG.com about a paid advertiser? Surely you jest....

Its objective when you agree with the article and paid bias when you don't I'm sure you truly understand that.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• CeleberegCelebereg Member Posts: 38

I'm still subbed, and bought the expansion, but frankly, have no desire to log in since I stopped playing months ago.  Playing SWGemu and loving a real MMO.  I just haven't gotten around to cancel my TOR sub.  Very discouraging everytime I think of that mess.

Edit:  Scratch that, finally cancelled my sub... "Your subscription has been cancelled."

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Celebereg

I'm still subbed, and bought the expansion, but frankly, have no desire to log in since I stopped playing months ago.  Playing SWGemu and loving a "real" MMO.  I just haven't gotten around to cancel my TOR sub.  Very discouraging everytime I think of that mess.

Edit:  Scratch that, finally cancelled my sub... "Your subscription has been cancelled."

And this is the problem that people have with SWTOR. For those of us who couldn't give a rat's rear-end about SWG we have really no problem. Mostly because we are not trying to think that this SWG 2. instead we who have "no problem" with SWTOR are not looking at it as a sequal.

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier