Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two tumbs down!

JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I don't mind to work a little to get decent items in a game.

I don't mind the studio's need to make some cash via the Item Shop.

But with the current ingame prices on vendors (currency / AD). Wow! It puts the average Asian grinder to shame.

But with the current prices on the Zen shop for a T3 mount / T3 companion.  35 - 40 dollars/euro PER character (not even account wide)!! Sorry you used to buy an entire MMO expansion for those prices.

The game is fun and gameplay decent done. It's the ingame vendors and Zen Cash Shop that instantly turned me off from this game!

Even with Cryptic's other games (CO and STO) it's not this bad. And most likely due to those games not been F2P in beginning and so have a different ingame / cash shop balance.

Sorry.... but for me Cryptic has reached a new low again.

Shame me once with CO. Shame me twice with STO. Neverwinter is third strike and out!

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    It's a Perfect World game. Did you really think the cash shop and prices would be reasonable? 
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Are those items even needed?

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i haven't even looked at prices for anything because I have had no reason to look.. only thing i may want is a bag.. if i can hit 60 and keep doing/making foundry stuff i'm happy.. no need ot spend anything more than I have already..  i do remember them talking in beta about adjusting zen prices though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Wait... You're requesting a refund because you don't want to pay the listed prices for other items in the cash shop???  I truly hope you are declined, as you clearly state the game is fun and decently designed, so you clearly aren't unhappy with the product you received.. it's the other products that you haven't even paid for that you are pissed about... Some people amaze me.
  • WololoWololo Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by Emeraq
    Wait... You're requesting a refund because you don't want to pay the listed prices for other items in the cash shop???  I truly hope you are declined, as you clearly state the game is fun and decently designed, so you clearly aren't unhappy with the product you received.. it's the other products that you haven't even paid for that you are pissed about... Some people amaze me.

QFT~

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

No. It's a shame a could be great game is being ruined by UTTER COMPANY GREED!

The whole point in this game is to collect and level up Tier 3 companions and eventually get T3 gear and mounts.

The companion system is one of the MAIN features of this game.

That's why I play MMORPG's. To progress my characters.

I don't care about the Foundry. I don't have the time for it.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

What a nice guy you are, to stand up for a company ripping off gamers...

Round of applause for this gentleman right 'ere!

Originally posted by JeroKane

The whole point in this game is to collect and level up Tier 3 companions and eventually get T3 gear and mounts.

for you maybe certainly isn't why I'am playing in the slightest.. but everyone has their own reasons to play

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

So play and progress your characters and don't bitch about not wanting to pay to progress them.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

for you maybe certainly isn't why I'am playing in the slightest.. but everyone has their own reasons to play

Exactly!

I guess the people that will be spending most their time in the Foundry. They surely get their money's worth. And I am happy for them.

I just wanted to play this game, collect T3 companions and progress / better my character(s).

And how this game is currently designed.... it was just a HUGE slap in my face.

ArenaNet has done much better with their B2P model with Guild Wars 2, with just cosmetic / vanity / services stuff in the Cash Shop and you just being able to play and enjoy the game and progress / better your characters with reasonable grinds.

Cryptic seriously puts the average Asian F2P grinder to shame with Neverwinter.

• ketzerei84ketzerei84 Member UncommonPosts: 81

1) AD items are not neccessary for gameplay

2) AD is earnable through regular gameplay

3) AD is tradable

So your problem is that you can't have instant gratification without spending extra money? Get over it, I can't get a hamburger instantly without spending money at mcdonald's - normal progression of a hamburger is to cook it, prep it, then eat it. Instant gratification costs more, as it should. Quit whining.

Playing: Secret World: Legends

Waiting for: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Exactly!

I guess the people that will be spending most their time in the Foundry. They surely get their money's worth. And I am happy for them.

I just wanted to play this game, collect T3 companions and progress / better my character(s).

And how this game is currently designed.... it was just a HUGE slap in my face.

ArenaNet has done much better with their B2P model with Guild Wars 2, with just cosmetic / vanity / services stuff in the Cash Shop and you just being able to play and enjoy the game and progress / better your characters with reasonable grinds.

Cryptic seriously puts the average Asian F2P grinder to shame with Neverwinter.

i honestly have not looked into max gear in this game at all.. what are you required to spend real cash on to aquire the items?

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by adrikthorsen

3) AD is tradable

So your problem is that you can't have instant gratification without spending extra money? Get over it, I can't get a hamburger instantly without spending money at mcdonald's - normal progression of a hamburger is to cook it, prep it, then eat it. Instant gratification costs more, as it should. Quit whining.

Right there. 

I'll agree, the dollar amount on items in the cash shop is pretty high. But then, I simply choose not to spend money. ;) 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Oh here we go again.  People complained about GW2 for similar reasons.  Listen, if you have that much extra cash and you're in a hurry (or lazy), that's who they'll make their money from.  Even then, the game hasn't been released, so they may change those prices.  Doubtful though, since you're skipping way ahead by buying them.

But........ you could save money and just get them by playing the game instead. 

Basically your complaint is, "I don't have time to grind and the items aren't cheap".  I don't see how this will be an issue for most people, since MMO's, you know, kind of take some time.

3) AD is tradable

1) Yes they are or you need other ingame currency/marks/lockbox currency, which is just as hard to acquire.

2) have you seen the rate you earn AD? And how long it will take you to get like 1.000.000 AD?  Most items go for 2 million + AD.

3) Not yet. No one is trading yet. And sorry I am not going to spend 100 bucks in trading enough AD to buy a single item.

You are just trolling, just like others! No one ever said anything about instant gratification.

I have been playing MMO's for over a decade now and know what time investment is.

But there is a difference between a reasonable time investment and stupid insane grind, because they rather want you to spend tons of Cash in the Item shop!

And like I also said... I don't mind the studio need to make money... I happily spend money on MICRO transactions!

But nothing in the Zen shop comes even remotely close to MICRO transactions!

Turbine and ArenaNet at least know how to do Cash Shops well and understand the concept of Micro Transactions. Hell even SOE's prices in the EQ2 cash shop are reasonable.

Cryptic sertainly does not and seems only interested in the Rich few who will litterly spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on their game.

Sorry.... I won't be one of those.

Originally posted by Eir_S

Oh here we go again.  People complained about GW2 for similar reasons.  Listen, if you have that much extra cash and you're in a hurry (or lazy), that's who they'll make their money from.  Even then, the game hasn't been released, so they may change those prices.  Doubtful though, since you're skipping way ahead by buying them.

Basically your complaint is, "I don't have time to grind and the items aren't cheap".  I don't see how this will be an issue for most people, since MMO's, you know, kind of take some time.

Guild Wars 2 blows this game out of the water. Sorry.

I enjoy the heck out of that game! As it more like a P2P MMORPG approach with a Vanity / Convience Cash Shop approach combined with the B2P model.

Neverwinter is just follows the classic ordinary Asian grinder F2P Item Mall approach, turning the game itself into a huge grind to "force" people into the cash shop.

I had just hoped Neverwinter would also follow ArenaNet and Turbine approach and keep their Cash Shop vanity / convience / game services and not turn the game into an asian grinder (not talking about the leveling... but everything else).

This is just my opinion and my dissapointment.

And AGAIN. Has nothing to do with not willing to invest time in the game nor willing to spend cash.  As matter of fact I actually bought 10 keys for 10 euros earlier to open some lockboxes.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Silly reason to quite just because a cash shop, particulrly one that is NOT required to be the best.

Granted I do feel its prices are far to steep with what they have, but  theres always the possibility prices could be lowered in the future. To me it just doesn't justify shunning a game that you actually enjoy playing. If you NEEDED it, then I can see otherwise.

Over-all I feel its right to complain of the prices, and I do feel they need to be lowered, but its not enough for me to warrent against playing a game that you enjoy, particularly if those elements could be avoided.

I enjoy the heck out of that game! As it more like a P2P MMORPG approach with a Vanity / Convience Cash Shop approach combined with the B2P model.

Neverwinter is just follows the classic ordinary Asian grinder F2P Item Mall approach, turning the game itself into a huge grind to "force" people into the cash shop.

I had just hoped Neverwinter would also follow ArenaNet and Turbine approach and keep their Cash Shop vanity / convience / game services and not turn the game into an asian grinder (not talking about the leveling... but everything else).

And AGAIN. Has nothing to do with not willing to invest time in the game nor willing to spend cash.  As matter of fact I actually bought 10 keys for 10 euros earlier to open some lockboxes.

i'm in game looking at the zen shop now what in the shop doesn't fall under those 3?

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    those prices are a bit crazy for virtual items you will never own. Sure grind away but if that's not the type of game you want then the OP is right in his opinion. Grind to get the same gear or pay for it, he doesn't like to grind so I don't blame him. I don't mind a med grind but from the sounds of it, this is is a huge grind if those prices are correct.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• Sinner01Sinner01 Member UncommonPosts: 10

3) AD is tradable

1) Yes they are or you need other ingame currency/marks/lockbox currency, which is just as hard to acquire.

2) have you seen the rate you earn AD? And how long it will take you to get like 1.000.000 AD?  Most items go for 2 million + AD.

3) Not yet. No one is trading yet. And sorry I am not going to spend 100 bucks in trading enough AD to buy a single item.

You are just trolling, just like others! No one ever said anything about instant gratification.

I have been playing MMO's for over a decade now and know what time investment is.

But there is a difference between a reasonable time investment and stupid insane grind, because they rather want you to spend tons of Cash in the Item shop!

And like I also said... I don't mind the studio need to make money... I happily spend money on MICRO transactions!

But nothing in the Zen shop comes even remotely close to MICRO transactions!

Turbine and ArenaNet at least know how to do Cash Shops well and understand the concept of Micro Transactions. Hell even SOE's prices in the EQ2 cash shop are reasonable.

Cryptic sertainly does not and seems only interested in the Rich few who will litterly spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on their game.

Sorry.... I won't be one of those.

Seems like a really fair critique.. Hopefully they change the ZEN prices or in-game prices so players don't feel this way! I haven't played because entirely F2P game models just don't work for me, ever. I might check it out down the line if it is improving.

i'm in game looking at the zen shop now what in the shop doesn't fall under those 3?

Play the game for a while and you will notice sooner or later.

Visit ingame mount / companion / gear vendors... and you will notice the insane currency prices. Even for lower level stuff!

They are way off. By the time you acquired enough AD or enough marks or other forms of required currency.... you will have far outleveled that gear!

The balance is just really off and doesn't make any sense.

And even for the lvl60 and Tier 3 companion / mount stuff.... you are looking at an insane grind.

Sorry, like I said.... those type of games that feel more like a second job... are just not for me.

And people were complaining about the exotic gear in Guild Wars 2.... piece of cake to get compared to Neverwinter. Seriously.

looked through everything still stumped what OP is complaining about looks like a bunch of fluff stuff in the zen shop

Visit ingame mount / companion / gear vendors... and you will notice the insane currency prices.

you talking about the stuff you buy the AD?

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by stayontarget

Are those items even needed?

Of course their not, the only reason he is pissed is because he can;t afford it and wants them.  Might I add its also better then TSW since NWO you only need to make 1 or 2 big purchases like that,  In TSW its niockle and diming to death every other day. 

SUP

• ketzerei84ketzerei84 Member UncommonPosts: 81

Visit ingame mount / companion / gear vendors... and you will notice the insane currency prices.

you talking about the stuff you buy the AD?

Yes he's mostly complainign about AD price of items, and cost of AD in store. A complaint being made before the game is even live or people have had a chance to establish a market for AD in game. Which is rather foolish and indicates that he's never played another b2p game at launch before.

Playing: Secret World: Legends

Waiting for: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen