Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Defiance: Review in Progress #4

2»

Comments

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376

At the end of the Article William Murphy wrote:

I find myself having fun still... despite the title’s many quirks and issues. It’s rough around the edges, sure enough. But one thing that polish can’t usually fix is whether the gameplay is fun. For that to happen, fundamental design changes usually need to take place and that’s rarely going to ever be the case. Fortunately for Trion and the Defiance team: their game is fun at its core. It just needs a coat of paint and some bells and whistles to really make it shine.

And then we hear great info such as:

Originally posted by Oceanhawk

THe hacking in this game is completely out of control. It is now nearly impossile to go anywhere in game without at least one knothead 1 shotting every mob in teh area. Kinda makes the game the opposite of fun.

Originally posted by BrucyBonus

the weapon damage is client side (insane levels of stupidity by Trion), and this has resulted in a lot of hacks. 

I am not saying the game is not fun for many many peope, BUT why would we spend close to $100 for a game in 2013 that "needs a new coat of paint", and has so many flaws to be worked out? Just askin...

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69
    Game has some issues, like every other game, but I am still playing and I still think the game is a lot of fun.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,827

This TV/Game concept is a first, and it shows. The idea that the game needs to keep pace with the series is an odd one. We have two very differant formats TV and gaming, the pace of the story in both formats cannot be the same.

They seem to be trying to make it all one experiance. Thats a mistake, take flavour from both formats but don't try to march them in step.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Dreskest
    Game has some issues, like every other game, but I am still playing and I still think the game is a lot of fun.

same here,

I can't understand what about haters talking,I know it is trend but...

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
    Originally posted by Dreskest

same here,

I can't understand what about haters talking,I know it is trend but...

Im playing and having fun but the 15th patch was a step back, I get the reloading bug alot where my gun reloads, then it reloads again. I get my ark pursuits kill count reset everytime I do an arkfall.

Not looking forward to Bill's score when he does part 4, theres something good in defiance, It plays really well, combat and shooting are done to my tastes but its buggy and so very short.

• giggalgiggal Member UncommonPosts: 120

i am currently playing this game with my brother, and we are actually enjoying it more than more "complex" mmos.  They designed the game on console and the UI interface was designed with that in mind and then it was copy pasted straight into the PC. This can somtimes mean its a bit frustrating when trying to get rid of gear you dont want and its already locked on a previous loadout.

Also some of the missions force you into a solo encoutner even when your grouped which can get frustrating when you have gone through the game as a duo.

Either way i suppose im saying is that im enjoying the game and i am actually enjoying the series i think its quite brave to run both side by side. but at the same time the things i encounter in the game im looking forward to finding out more from the series.

• CeleberegCelebereg Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Dakirn

Bill, the original reason for removing the mission was some continuity. They wanted the game to move forward while the show does, but it's hard to do that when Nolan and Irisa are still sitting around in Mt. Tam while they're also doing stuff in Defiance.

I'm happy they'll bring them back for people who missed them (I'm thinking perhaps the re-runs).

He acknowledged that in his review, and also noted that its lame to do so when not everyone has gotten to that content yet... and he's right.  LOTRO was a good example of a game that did that... depending on region you ran across story elements that had the Fellowship at that stage of their journey.  If you happen back on that area later as a "progressed" character, can't help you... it's a game and not perfect.  But don't remove content that others haven't had a chance to play, right?

• TickleDownEconomicsTickleDownEconomics Member UncommonPosts: 89
    edited February 2022
    -
    Post edited by TickleDownEconomics on