Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning: if you give any honest negative feedback on steam they ban you

khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

You have been banned from all Darkfall Unholy Wars discussions until May 25, 2013 @ 9:08pm.

You were banned by Darkfall Unholy Wars.

Reason: "reported for trolling"

==============================================================================================

I left a message stating the game feels like a beta, has many bugs, has many delays in updates, etc. All honest things that I have experienced with this game and the Aventurine moderator banned me off steam forums and says "trolling" 

This is why this company has bad reputation, they hide the truth. 75% of the forums on Steam are ebing erased because its all true negative feedback they dont want peopel to see.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Sounds like a learn to play issue.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

If your thread is basically  "DONT BUY THIS GAME BECAUSE I HATE IT". then yeah they will delete.

They are not deleting every negative post, as long is it is somewhat constructive criticism, because there is tons of that.

My blog: image

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

My first thought with EVERY post that decries their innocence in a ban is: "HOW did you say what you said?" 9 times out of 10, tact was thrown out to make room for rage.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by khameleon

You have been banned from all Darkfall Unholy Wars discussions until May 25, 2013 @ 9:08pm.

==============================================================================================

I left a message stating the game feels like a beta, has many bugs, has many delays in updates, etc. All honest things that I have experienced with this game and the Aventurine moderator banned me off steam forums and says "trolling" 

This is why this company has bad reputation, they hide the truth. 75% of the forums on Steam are ebing erased because its all true negative feedback they dont want peopel to see.

Hehe just suck it up and move on. You bought a crap game, we've all done it. Chalk it up to experience, uninstall it and put it behind you.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Consensus

If your thread is basically  "DONT BUY THIS GAME BECAUSE I HATE IT". then yeah they will delete.

They are not deleting every negative post, as long is it is somewhat constructive criticism, because there is tons of that.

It said nowhere in my posts not to buy the game.

It said the game has many things to it that make it still feel like a game that should be in closed beta, that the developers are slow to roll out updates(always missing dates) and that there are many buggy features as well.

They are deleting all of the posts that say anything like this, this company is the worst group I've ever dealt with. Never seen a company sensor stuff so much, lie so much and just blatantly do it all too.

All steam forums have posts like , "should I buy it?" and people answer them telling them the flaws or good in the game. None of them ban people like how Aventurine is doing, they are corrupt......

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

See? You folks use the term "troll" so much that it could literally apply to EVERYTHING.. So hey, if I don't agree with what you are saying, just label you a troll, ban you and move on..

Crying about it on ANOTHER forum isn't going to make the "booboo" any better though.. If it stung a bit, then maybe they got their point across to you? (don't say it didn't leave a tingle because people who truly "don't care" wouldn't insist on making a post in other forums about how they got banned from another forum.. just saying)

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Stromm

Hehe just suck it up and move on. You bought a crap game, we've all done it. Chalk it up to experience, uninstall it and put it behind you.

Yea good advice and done lol. The good part is I only used steam wallet to buy it which I got free from trading tf2 hats and dota 2 items.

I was only letting people know how the state of the game is and get a ban, they won't get my $15 a month now or ever after that. 

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• sexypanda198sexypanda198 Member Posts: 151

It says you have been banned ny darkfall not steam. Second there is clearly more than your telling us to be reported for trolling then found guilty enough to be banned.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    How hard is it to understand, officially ran forums are as much a marketing tool as a homepage, if you're there making the business practices behind the game look bad, what do you expect?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• sexypanda198sexypanda198 Member Posts: 151
    I do not even use the steam forums, I buy game on sale and play it thats it and have had zero issues with steam. When i bought the wrong version of a game they said it they would credit my account and let me buy the right version. The way steam see's it you don't like how games made complain to the the maker but if you try to hurt steams business or give steam or it's customers hard time your screwed.

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

My first thought with EVERY post that decries their innocence in a ban is: "HOW did you say what you said?" 9 times out of 10, tact was thrown out to make room for rage.

I agree, well put.
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by jandrsn

I agree, well put.

Indeed. 

As far as the OP and Steam, I actually think Steam is for the most part on the side of the players.  They have displayed this mentality on several occasions in the recent past.  The WarZ debacle for instance is a prime example.  Sure, we still have to factor human nature into the equation such as bad moderators or just bad days.  However, on the whole, as AlBQuirky stated, more often than not a pissed off post gets nowhere fast. 

~Hairysun

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

im kinda starting to wonder why i see one of these threads about every week or so for a diffrent game from a difrent posters. my thoughts, is its less the sites being complained about ( although i do beleave that some of these site do do this but not many) and it is more often that the person who posted used a offensive or insulting tone, and offered little to no details about issue, or cronstructive critisim.

saying whats wrong with a game and complaining are two entirely diffrent things. and people would do well to learn the diffrence and stop going off the deep end every time life dousnt go thier way.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I agree, well put.

+1

its the difference between "this game sucks ballsacks" and "I find the environment lacking in detail and the combat felt clunky"

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    The Darkfall discussion on Steam is filled almost COMPLETELY with negative threads.  You must have done something stupid to get banned from the discussion for a month.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Originally posted by RefMinor

I agree, well put.

+1

its the difference between "this game sucks ballsacks" and "I find the environment lacking in detail and the combat felt clunky"

but but.. the first part makes me laugh, the second part is just to boring and serious ! ;) hehe

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Well, I have only done a trial of the original and didn't like the UI at all, so I have nothing invested into DF, BUT, the OP has said they wished Adventurine would go out of business, the new game is the same as the old game, and that they would never buy it, along with a lot of other things, and called them scum on these forums.....

So.....I would say why in the world did you even try it, if you did, even if it was free, it sounds like you had no intention of liking it or it's premise?  Did you get it for free, just to confirm how you already felt about it?

If I had to pick a side, I would say you are acting probably a little innocent of what you probably said and did in the game or a forum.  Not that I think bad mouthing a game a little deserves a ban, but we don't know what was said.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Uzik
    The Darkfall discussion on Steam is filled almost COMPLETELY with negative threads.  You must have done something stupid to get banned from the discussion for a month.

We will all see if they are still there on Monday when everyone goes back to work :P

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Distopia
    How hard is it to understand, officially ran forums are as much a marketing tool as a homepage, if you're there making the business practices behind the game look bad, what do you expect?

Forums is also a way to inform players that havent bought the game yet about the condition of the game. It works both way you know. A company that delete threads cause they dont like the information in it have as i see it something to hide and removing these negative threads is very poor advertisment and it's good it comes out what they're doing over here at MMORPG.com.

Eventual buyers have the right to read both the upsides and the downsides.

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Forums is also a way to inform players that havent bought the game yet about the condition of the game. It works both way you know. A company that delete threads cause they dont like the information in it have as i see it something to hide and removing these negative threads is very poor advertisment and it's good it comes out what they're doing over here at MMORPG.com.
    Eventual buyers have the right to read both the upsides and the downsides.

The one poster I've seen banned on Steam - was banned for xenophobia, mixed with raging at moderators and reposting the same thread over and over again.  

Try to post on any MMO forum that the game sucks because it's made by stupid lazy ( Greeks / Americans / Icelanders / Koreans ) - I'm pretty sure your feedback will disappear.

As Uzik said - there are plenty of civil threads on Steam, expressing extremely negative opinions on DF.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Sounds like business as usual for Aventurine.  They've always taken criticism very personally, which is propably why they never learn from their mistakes.

You make me like charity

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

These guys shouldn't be making games if they can't take criticism.  And almost all MMO new releases I've seen on Steam were at least near the top of the best seller list early on, and stayed for a while (even TSW and Defiance). 

D:UW started out really low in comparison and keeps dropping.  I can see why they're edgy.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Well I'd have to see an actual post you made to see just how 'honest' it was or if it was more so ranting and all that likes. But yeah... silly to define it as trolling when your saying what you honestly feel.
  • B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Looks like the cleaning crew has just hit the Steam forum.

Thats me out of it.  I will not be recommending this game to any friends interested and point them here as to the reason why.  This appears to be the only place where free speech is still permitted regarding this product.

This might be the best thing since sliced bread as a game goes but I will not give money over to a company that does not trust its own product to the point of skewing forum posts in their favour.

These wastes of space make Gpotato look brilliant by comparison.

EDIT.

From the Steam DFUW  forum rules;

"Inflammatory, insulting, off-topic messages which are made with the intent of provoking a reaction from others will be deleted and their poster may be banned from this forum."

This only seems to apply to those with a negative viewpoint.  If on the other hand you are a fanboi defending this game then you can say what the frell you want.

The only negative threads still up are the ones where the OP is being crucified by the rabid fanatics.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

The steam game forums are managed by the games owners not by steam. They can ban you from their forum whenever they want.

I tested this by posting missing features (classes, dungeons, siege system etc.) from the list answered by the devs in december and the newest patch notes to cross off the fixed features as a "stickie" thread to keep track of the games progress.

I got banned within a few hours.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"