Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: NDA Lifts

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Marvel Heroes beta testers can finally begin speaking about the game now that the non-disclosure agreement has finally been lifted. Gazillion Entertainment surprised testers with an announcement late Saturday afternoon.

The non-disclosure agreement for Marvel Heroes has been lifted. bit.ly/12Ibl9r #MarvelC2E2

— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) April 27, 2013

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Finally we can tell the world just how awesome this game is :-)
  • Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

If you are a Marvel fan. At least give it a chance.

I had a fun time playing through the beginning stage. Playing as The Punisher and taking out Hydra agents. Then seeing Venom making an escape out of his cell was pretty cool. Ending the stage fighting the Green Goblin. What's it worth to me? Well it's not a $200 ultimate pack, but I will at least spend the $20 starter. IMO

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    PHeeeeeeeW! Have been loving the beta for this and it's not been at easy times to play from the EU either. If you are a Diablo and a Marvel fan at the same time, or enjoyed games like Marvel Ultimate alliance then you could do a lot worse than spending $20 on a starter set. $200 is way way too much money though as mentioned above.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    feels like a combo of ultimate alliance and diablo.. loot pinatas and all.. not a bad game imho but honestly i just think I'm over with the isometric view diablo type games they just don't hold any interest to me anymore. I think i would of liked making my own hero and just fighting along with marvel heroes ala dc universe but guess its nice to play some of my favorites.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Interesting. Well Im in beta and I can say the game is far from ready to release. There is no balance whatsoever, some characters and their skill trees even feel broken and doesnt work properly atm. 2 heros are still missing from the current beta build. "End game" is not in game yet eighter and havent been tested by public at all. Beta is still locked to 35vl. Many bosses are too simple and dont scale properly with an amount of players. I cant see them managing it all in one month so I expect huge shitstorms.

I kinda like the game tho and I can feel the diablo fun factor which makes me want to play again and again and try different characters.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

This game has very simple game play. The game gets boring very fast.  Hero drops are very rare, so if there is one you know you want then buy it and maybe you'll last a little longer.

Each hero has a couple fo good skills (actually many skills are shared among the same type), so not only will you look the same, with the same playstyle, your Things and Storms will use the same powers as everyone else.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

The game feels fairly polished and has decent animation, but I find the game is just too simple. Kind of like Diablo for kids.

Not enough variety of powers per hero, the gameplay is too simple vs enemies, and so there are very few options on how to approach anything. You just cycle through 2-3 moves and there you have it. The limited amount of points you get per level sort of forces you to focus on 2-3 abilities per level (since the others become obsolete quickly if you don't put points in), especially since you need to spend points to increase your basic attack damage/speed. 

IMO the basic attack tree should be automatically leveled and not require points, but then the skill trees would look even more lacking than they already do.

Overall, it's a decent but extremely simple game. I can't see it having much longevity, though it will initially draw in a lot of superhero fans.

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

Marvel~blo 4 ... without auction :P

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Denambren

Diablo for kids.

pretty much,But theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Wolverine looting new claws from the ground was quite impressive event "oh look who left these here,cool"  and i cant maybe never forget that image.

Thanks Gazillion.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Denambren

The game feels fairly polished and has decent animation, but I find the game is just too simple. Kind of like Diablo for kids.

This is what I found too. Too reliant on its IP. Take away the attraction of playing a Marvel Superhero and there is not a lot left.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Its like, there are movies for kids that have a bit of a wink and a nod to adults (things that go over the kid's head but parents get).

Then there are movies that the parents just grind their teeth waiting for it to end and even many kids lose interest half way through.

Marvel Heroes is the second type.  I get that they want it to have a broad appeal.  I get that they want a younger audience, who might turn around a buy comics.  Its like the next step after Hero Squad.

However they didn't add any 'adult/gamer" things into it, so there is little to hold those people.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I enjoyed what little time I had to play. Perfect game that my daughter and I can play together with her friends. A lot less convoluted as say, Diablo 3, but well worth the download and cost (which is free). All in all a nice timesink for those that really don't want (or need) to put much thought into wanting to game for a hour or so. Plus I get to be Captain America!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

This game has very simple game play. The game gets boring very fast.  Hero drops are very rare, so if there is one you know you want then buy it and maybe you'll last a little longer.

Each hero has a couple fo good skills (actually many skills are shared among the same type), so not only will you look the same, with the same playstyle, your Things and Storms will use the same powers as everyone else.

Agree! Waws going to say basically the very same. I felt bad when they sent me the survey, I had to say sorry I'm sure you meant well, and tried but it boils down to it's just boring...

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Shows you everything wrong with the world when this game is going on but City of Heroes has been gone for 5 months now.

Despite my interest level dropping when I first heard it was generic marvel premades and not your own guys, I gave it a try. I would say if you kept this game as a 20 min a day side game then I guess it could be alright. Investing any more time in it just seems like a waste unless you really enjoy dungeon farming.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

Shows you everything wrong with the world when this game is going on but City of Heroes has been gone for 5 months now.

Despite my interest level dropping when I first heard it was generic marvel premades and not your own guys, I gave it a try. I would say if you kept this game as a 20 min a day side game then I guess it could be alright. Investing any more time in it just seems like a waste unless you really enjoy dungeon farming.

has it really only been 5 months . . . . . damn it fils like a life time ago

also is this game looking to be a superhero version of diablo, hasnt marvel made a few of these already just SP only before.

damn i was hopeing for another superhero MMO, guess ill have to make due with CO ( bleh) and DCUO, ( ehh its ok) until i get another old style MMMO based on superheros, well if another one is ever made.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    feels like a combo of ultimate alliance and diablo.. loot pinatas and all.. not a bad game imho but honestly i just think I'm over with the isometric view diablo type games they just don't hold any interest to me anymore. I think i would of liked making my own hero and just fighting along with marvel heroes ala dc universe but guess its nice to play some of my favorites.

This is huge for me. I think having your own character based on hero archetypes would have been MUCH better.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• sofbertsofbert Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Vorch
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

This is huge for me. I think having your own character based on hero archetypes would have been MUCH better.

Yeah DCUO is a lot more fun unless you're just really a hardcore diablo-type fan. Loved working with the actual characters with my own superhero.

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Might be a silly reason but I just can't get into this game because all the looted gear doesn't alter the appearance of your character at all. Alternate costumes you have to find once every year or buy outright is not a good alternative at all.

Having played D3, PoE, and this game, MH easily feels like the one that wants you to spend money on it the most to get the "complete experience". And that's not a positive.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    low level expericence for many characters is terrible, that doesnt add anything good to first impressions eighter.. for some heroes you have to lvl up to 20+ to get some decent abilites.
  • Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    If you loved Diablo and you love Marvel characters this game is perfect for you. It's awesome.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I played this game for two hours, then wiped it off my hard drive. It's absolutely atrocious. The environments are bland & sterile, the animations are dreadful, the combat is uninspired and boring... this game does nothing right. I've played just about every ARPG out there and this is by far the worst. By far. It's not even close. Even being able to create your own hero wouldn't have saved this absolute mess of a game.

I haven't felt this badly about anything comic-related since Spider-Man made a deal with Mephisto. Perhaps David Brevik should've followed suit, then maybe he'd have created something worth playing.

• sylum69sylum69 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

I played this game for two hours, then wiped it off my hard drive. It's absolutely atrocious. The environments are bland & sterile, the animations are dreadful, the combat is uninspired and boring... this game does nothing right. I've played just about every ARPG out there and this is by far the worst. By far. It's not even close. Even being able to create your own hero wouldn't have saved this absolute mess of a game.

I haven't felt this badly about anything comic-related since Spider-Man made a deal with Mephisto. Perhaps David Brevik should've followed suit, then maybe he'd have created something worth playing.

^ Although this is harsh, I have to agree with all of this (especially the environments...wow they were underwhelming). I didn't find this game bad, just simply boring.

I enjoyed X-men Legends for the Xbox but I thought the isometric view and loot mentality was more of a novelty than anything else. By Ultimate Alliance, I hated the series and didn't bother with UA 2. Sadly, as much as I hate those games, I'd gladly take them over MUO. But hey, it's F2P, so it doesn't hurt to give it a try, just don't go in with really high expectations.

• OzimandeusOzimandeus Member UncommonPosts: 84

I've not played it to death, but have put in about 20 or so hours on the beta weekends.. overall I think its fun and definatley worth a punt. Its Diablo playstyle which I still think is superior to Third Person for MMORPG.

GFX and SFX are solid, gameplay is good and if you are a Diablo player your will 'get' it very fast.

My only concern is that it seems to lack a little 'something' it doesn't grab you by the balls and say PLAY ME! but if you gaugue it against lets say Path of Exlie I think it stands up pretty damned well.

I didn't like DC Universe even though I was always more 'DC' than 'Marvel' - but you know what, the game has done something.. I've spent a fair number of hours now re-watching Marvel Movies and Reading Marvel Comics..

To Sum up,

The Game is not ready for launch, there are balance and lag issues and no sign of an end game. BUT its F2P, so you have to take a peek, I grabbed the Avenger's Founders Pack just because Hulk is Cool :-) 

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Joreel
    Finally we can tell the world just how awesome this game is :-)

I hope you're joking as the game is a total clone of  the Diablo games, just reskinned with Marvel heroes. It's a complete snooze fest and it ticks me off that such there is stlll not a true Marvel MMO in existence. Instead we get this crappy game.

Now that the NDA has been released and I got the chance to play it, I can honestly say my fears were right all along and that this is nothing but a corporate attempt to try and grab some cash from the fans of the Marvel universe. It's obvious from the sucki-ness of the game.

Smile