Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Age Of Wushu

ZtekanZtekan StenungsundPosts: 261Member

This game seems great , looks kinda great, but its so hard to understand what to do , where to go.

So how do i/we learn this game, i have noone to talk to and get help, no one to bounce of my thought or knowlage or take it from someone els.

This game well ..... how do you play it ?

System Specc
Intel I7 4770K 3,5 ghz
16Gb RAM 1600 mhz
Nvidia GTX 780

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,284Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ztekan

This game seems great , looks kinda great, but its so hard to understand what to do , where to go.

So how do i/we learn this game, i have noone to talk to and get help, no one to bounce of my thought or knowlage or take it from someone els.

Talk to people in your school. Schools are like guilds on to themselves. You can also learn by playing image or check out some of the well written guides.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied -, WAPosts: 2,081Member Uncommon

It is confusing at first but you'll get used to it if you stick around. There are a lot of problems with the game but if you can look passed them it's a great game. To me it's a gem I stumbled upon. I haven't had this kind of MMORPG addiction since SWG and Planetside 1.

There are 2 newbie guides next to the minimap that lightly cover the very basics. Then there's the option of asking a more experienced player some questions you may have. A lot may be willing to spend the time to explain to you some useful information. It's a player driven game after all.

Haters may feel free to say something like "If you love it so much, why are you here instead of playing." To which I would reply "I have a stall up right now" or "I am leveling while offline and my character is still gaining $ and various other perks.

• aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bcbully

Talk to people in your school. Schools are like guilds on to themselves. You can also learn by playing image or check out some of the well written guides.

Unfortunately there's a lvl req to being able to use that chat channel. It is very helpful, but you can't use it until you're inner skill is ~lvl 10+ I believe.

One of the biggest problems this game has, is that at every turn they've setup roadblocks that prevent players from accessing / learning about certain parts of the game, it's definitely frustrtating.

• FreeakedFreeaked ChathamPosts: 50Member Uncommon
    Watch her videos, VERY useful to newbies, hope it will help you to enjoy the game more.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied -, WAPosts: 2,081Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by aesperus

Unfortunately there's a lvl req to being able to use that chat channel. It is very helpful, but you can't use it until you're inner skill is ~lvl 10+ I believe.

One of the biggest problems this game has, is that at every turn they've setup roadblocks that prevent players from accessing / learning about certain parts of the game, it's definitely frustrtating.

I believe this is a new requirement because a lot of gold farmers were spamming school chat right out selecting their school. Now they just stand around the schools teleport area and spam the local chat. I am glad to see that snailgames is adressing this to some extent, however so far it has not made them any less annoying.

Honestly, the best thing to do is a combination of joining a healthy, popular, and helpful guild. Going out of your way to be friendly & make new friends. Ask questions, and google what you can't figure out in game. It takes a while to really understand the game, and a week in I'm still learning things about the game. I'm also still unsure if I actually like it or not, it's a lot to digest.

Originally posted by denshing
    Originally posted by aesperus

I believe this is a new requirement because a lot of gold farmers were spamming school chat right out selecting their school. Now they just stand around the schools teleport area and spam the local chat. I am glad to see that snailgames is adressing this to some extent, however so far it has not made them any less annoying.

Honestly, this game is PLAGUED by gold farmers. It's absolutely destroying this game's economy, and the chat spam is attrocious. Limiting school chat hasn't really slowed them down much tbh.
    While it is less common in school chat, you still see it. They also have taken to sending you msgs directly (using their player-search system of chatting), in addition to spamming the other chat channels.

Probably THE MOST annoying thing atm is entire guilds filled with nothing but bots. There's entire zones atm that have armies of bots camping all the useful gathering nodes.

- It is a F2P game, so I definitely expected this to some extent, but it's getting exponentially out of hand, and stuff that should essentially be dirt cheap is being traded for ridiculously high prices the average player has no hope of paying.