Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What RPG would you make into an MMORPG?

1235»

Comments

• GrayZeeifyGrayZeeify Member Posts: 4
    I would Make either Mass Effect - as its universe is so vast, Or a GOOD Final fantasy MMO ;P 
  • PyxxPyxx Member Posts: 22

While some of you aren't listening to the OP. He said that any RPG "PRIOR" to the Ps3 or Xbox360. Which means original Xbox, Ps2 or before!  Not Skyrim like some of you suggested. However One person mentioned Pokemon. I had mentioned this on several different forums myself. Hoping to draw some attention to it. But here is my take on a "World of Pokemon" MMO 

"World of Pokemon" Online MMO

Picture RaiderZ or Guild Wars 2 environment (just with the environment only), Fully explorable with background lore. 

Pokemon 3D modeler or the same Pokemon engine ran with Pokemon Colisuem as for how the Pokemon appear; used in combination with the Wii-U GamePad.

Open World (Sandbox) "Quest" Travel but into a pre-destined route map like the original pokemon games for the Main Story Line.

Questing Hubs for addional Pokemon leveling or improvments (Battle Towers, Specialized Training NPC's, & Rare Events)

Able to add in Pokemon abilities with new commands such as dodge and use xx or Counter with xx (xx = ability). 

Entire world of Pokemon including All Pokemon upto date, Legendaries, and Shinies; Even some never before seen new pokemon. Trainers, Gym Leaders, and Elite 4 from each region thus far. 

PVP Environment, in the format of Choosing a Side, ie: Team Rocket, Team Plasma, Team Aqua, Team Magma, or Team Galactic.

Minor Crime Syndicates have a quest hub for more experience training if a Crime Syndicate was chosen as a Player Choice or players who have their own agenda through the moral decision making system.(like what you see in SWTOR or ME3)  

Achievement system allows for players to have more Popularity. Increasing their chance to have more Special Missions, Quests, or Events. 

Cash Shop for all your Specialty Items: Pokeballs, Potions, Exlirs, Food, Herbs, Tm's, Hm's, Special Events & Battle Tournament Registration.

Trading Pokemon can be done through Person to Person Trades or over the Pokemon Transfer System (cash shop);or buy a new Pokemon through the New Orphanage Home. (Auction - Cash shop)

Choose your Region!

Choose from all the Regions thus far ever created from the Pokemon World, or Choose a New Region. 

All Regions are connected via Ships, Ferry Boats, Train or Airport. 

Choose your Starter Pokemon from those Regions! 

If chosen from the New Region then New Pokemon will be choosen from.

Journey on your adventure as you would normally with the exception of having real trainers to go up against at any time. This is a PVE or PVP Choice. 

If you choose a PVP World Environment then you may battle someone at any time. If you choose PVE Environment then The Battles are optional. (like a  duel) 

For those who choose Crime Syndicates, the Battling works the same way, With one exception, Your Quests interacts with those Quests on the opposing sides. Which in turn, becomes a PVP Quests. 

The PVP is activated by one player choosing to duel another player with their pokemon on a "Duel" Button. This is automatically activated and sets you up into a Dueling Screen. The Surrounding areas would become your Battle Field. Environment will play a part of strategy. 

Weekly Events

-Battle Competitions

-Arena Battles

-Battle Towers

-Coordinator Competitions

-Festivals

-Special Events from different Regions

Main Story Line Goal as a Player, 

Become the Ultimate Pokemon Master. 

-Collect them all, level up your favorites to become the best.

-Questing will help your goals along the way. 

-Compete in Events, and Gym Battles, and Special Competitions.

-Become a Coordinator, Connoisseur, or a Pokemon Doctor or Professor.

-Become the Pokemon Champion and Compete in a weekly scheduled Battle.

Main Goal as a Crime Syndicate Player, 

-Steal from Trainers, Collecting as many pokemon as possible to achieve your goal.

-Quests will help in your goals along the way.

-Compete in Events, and Gym Battles, and Special Competitions.

-Specialize Traps, Pokemon with modified abilites genetically increased by evil scientists. 

-Become a Crime Boss and create your own Team.

That's about all I have for now. This is just a rough draft of what I would imagine a World of Pokemon Online would be like. 

• kturockkturock Member Posts: 16
    Deadlands. Shane Hensley has worked on City of Villians, Champions Online and several RTS games. His pen & paper credits include TORG, Deadlnads, Savage Worlds, several different Dundeons & Dragons adventures for several of the systems, plus others I can't recall.
  • giggalgiggal Member UncommonPosts: 120

i personally wish palladium would get off  their arses and turn the WHOLE palladium universe into a massive MMO with cross over all over the shop :D

OK may have to stop people going into 20th century earth with a glitterboy but still would be a great mmo :)

• ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38

I'm surprised no one has mentioned (at least in the first 7 pages) Terminator or Mass Effect. I feel like Terminator would be an amazing classic faction based war, mirrored raids: Human base & skynet bases while also being super gory and scary. ugh I'd love that.

And Mass Effect has all the lore, classes, races, planets they could ever need it would just be a matter of making the combat work. Cover combat in an MMO? Hell if they could make it work that'd be awesome. Some serious strategy there, GCD abilities would be a no go though haha

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176

Dragon Age

Fallout

Kingdoms of Amalur

You know the usual suspects.

SUP

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by axxss
      super robot wars

No. The charm of SRW is a) it is turned based SRPG, b) you can control many many famous anime robot units.

I really don't want to see a dozen Mazinger Z in a game, nor restricted what i can and cannot use.

SRW should not even be a MP game, not to mention a MMO.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock

Dragon Age

Fallout

Kingdoms of Amalur

You know the usual suspects.

Again the OP Stated "Prior" to PS3 days... this means BEFORE the Ps3 came out!

Another good example of this would be Dragon Warrior or Dragon Quest series.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Really so no one here has played Gothic?

Also i do remember betrayal of krondor,  i also have all of Raymonds books.

• Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

1. Freedom Force (huge fan of the game)

2. Mass Effect

3. Fable

4. Resident Evil

5. Metal Gear

Some not considered rpg, but love to see anyways. 

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Really so no one here has played Gothic?

Also i do remember betrayal of krondor,  i also have all of Raymonds books.

could do a four faction game, Keshian COnfederacy, Great Kesh, Kingdom of the Isles and the Northlands.  Maybe cobble together a fifth composed of Roldem and all those other small countries east of the Kingdom.  Maybe throw Novindus in there with them.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981

You do realise nothing of the old games mechanics would remain? These would just be settings for another easymode MMO.

Here is a list one poster gave and why he liked them. I have scored through gameplay and ideas that would not make it into an easymode format.

• Super Hydlide - hardcore encumbrance mechanics
    • Shining in the Darkness -awesome dungeons to explore
    • Lunar: Silver Star Story -love the characters and classes
    • Shadowrun -nice fantasy tech atmosphere
    • Vay - giant mechs
    • Earthbound - awesome modern setting with alien invasion story.
    • Growlanser - tons of lore and classes
    • Shining Force - cool races
    • The Magic of Scherherazade - deep systems and class changing abilities

We live in the world of easymode MMO’s, one type of gameplay, no exceptions.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Rollertoaster tycoon the RPG.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114

I want to see a Bard's Tale MMO and slightly off topic -

Anarchy Online 2.

• ZaphearZaphear Member Posts: 10
    Neverwinter.......no the one coming out doesn't count.
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Hmm for me, choosing an rpg I'd choose shadowrun.  If any entertainment product I'd choose either shadowrun or wheel of time.  So much you could do with either one.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    Originally posted by Zaphear
    Neverwinter.......no the one coming out doesn't count.

lmao and I never got a chance to try it out.. but I've heard soooo many bad reviews on it that it's needless to say that I will not be getting that one. 

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    One word....Earthbound....