Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System Requirements?

keksokekso Member Posts: 3
Hello all,i just wanna ask something.I saw the Wildstar system requirements for beta testing,and i'm wondering what do you guys think the system requirements for the game will be when it launches? Do you think it will be similar to World of Warcraft? If it is,then i have nothing to worry about because i can play World of Warcraft on medium settings with no problems.I have Nvdia GeForce G105M 512mb,Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz,4gb ram.Do you think it will run well? I don't mind playing it on low settings,i just want to play it when it comes out.Thanks alot,waiting for your answers!

Comments

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by kekso
    Hello all,i just wanna ask something.I saw the Wildstar system requirements for beta testing,and i'm wondering what do you guys think the system requirements for the game will be when it launches? Do you think it will be similar to World of Warcraft? If it is,then i have nothing to worry about because i can play World of Warcraft on medium settings with no problems.I have Nvdia GeForce G105M 512mb,Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz,4gb ram.Do you think it will run well? I don't mind playing it on low settings,i just want to play it when it comes out.Thanks alot,waiting for your answers!

An iphone 5? lol. Just wait until they post the minimum specs and make a decision. There will probably be an open beta so that will be a good chance for you to test your machine. The Open Beta specs wont be much different if at all from Launch.

There Is Always Hope!

• jenseajensea Member UncommonPosts: 47
    From what I've read, the first batch of beta testers needed a 64 bit operating system, which is good to hear. But it was said that they will have the 32 bit version ready at release as well, and plan to have it be compatible with a wide range of system specs. 
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    theres zero reason to keep making games 32 bit dx9 if you arent running them on an xbox.  windows and dx stopped updating xp years ago.
  • jenseajensea Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by neorandom
    theres zero reason to keep making games 32 bit dx9 if you arent running them on an xbox.  windows and dx stopped updating xp years ago.

Tell that to the Guild Wars 2 team. It boggles the mind that they haven't got a 64 bit version. But to be fair, there's still a ton of people using a 32 bit system and it will be that way for a long time yet. You can't really ignore that many customers.

• keksokekso Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the answers! 
  • MytobMytob Member Posts: 79
    I hope they have a x64 client at launch aswell as the x86 version. I would be suprised if we dont start to see x64 as a requirement for games in the future.