Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terrified of putting money into a game

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I wonder if gaming isnt an addiction, kinda like gambling for some people, and the money is no object at that point.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I ran fast from runescape once they introduced gambling (kind of on-line roulette). worst in this case: it was done in sub game, so no way I'll pay sub to gambling game.

all boxes, orbs etc I see in same Cash Shops never attract me as gamble against computer program + with my real money is madness, IMO

pay to win is nothing compare to gambling in Cash Shops, IMO you gonna loose money for nothing or nothing much.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Quizzical
    This is why a lot of people prefer subscription or buy-to-play rather than a pay-to-win item mall.  That makes it completely clear how much it will cost to play a game and what you'll get.  Any time you buy a random box in any online game, you're encouraging more games to utilize them.  I boycott random boxes on general principle, even if I like the game.  I'm not against paying for games that I like, whether it's subscription, buy-to-play, or free to play with an item mall.  I just won't pay for random boxes.
    True, but then some games get you without "buying" random boxes. They instead give them to you as "loot" and then charge you for the "key" to open them. My GW2 bank has a nice stack of those chests sitting unopened for lack of keys that I refuse to purchase. So does my Star Trek Online bank.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR