Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter open beta April 30th

ZiakyraZiakyra Member UncommonPosts: 33

Dungeon delvers of Neverwinter, mark your calendars. We are pleased to announce that on April 30, 2013, Neverwinter, our upcoming free-to-play action MMORPG, will officially enter Open Beta! 

Link:   http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Comments

• HinondHinond Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the news! I saw the gameplay on youtube, the game looks grreat...
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Does anyone even care at this point? The game is so far from anything unique, exciting or D&D they mine as well toss it in the MMO graveyard right now. The only thing that has a slight chance of saving this game is the foundry but I suspect it will be extremely limited(like the game itself) and/or cashshoped into the ground.
  • WorrissWorriss Member Posts: 6
    Woot! A free to play mmo again? well let's see.. anyway will definitely looking forward for the open beta,,, i want to test the game :) I will share my review after :)
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Does anyone even care at this point? The game is so far from anything unique, exciting or D&D they mine as well toss it in the MMO graveyard right now. The only thing that has a slight chance of saving this game is the foundry but I suspect it will be extremely limited(like the game itself) and/or cashshoped into the ground.

Its all done before with pc's as old as 8 years can play it plus cash shopped to ground B2W.

Nuff said

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    The Foundry is honestly all that gives me any interest in the game. It looks like it'll otherwise be another generic themepark game with Pay-to-Win design.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro
    The Foundry is honestly all that gives me any interest in the game. It looks like it'll otherwise be another generic themepark game with Pay-to-Win design.

Goes for pretty much every non fanboi.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    I myself, and many others are very excited to play. Anyone else bashing it can go along playing whatever game they're currently miserable with. We won't miss you.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

worth checking out since its free . the abiity to create adventures might be a good idea if it is powerful enough to allow alot of customisation .

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    been playing foundry missions all afternoon.. some really well done ones already.. can't wait to see a month or so down the road what people are able to come up with

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by cura
    Id like to check this game but is there gonna be wipe after this OB? Dont know if i should care,  just trying to be positive lol

There's no wipe after this open beta, it's effectively a soft launch, so any characters you create will be safe.

• MutamiMutami Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Except the launcher doesn't work for anyone. 

• STD-SkinSTD-Skin Member Posts: 13

This game isn't bad, but still far from finished. The only thing that will keep me away from this game is the Pay to Win model set up by Perfect World Entertainment. PWE sucks, a lot.

One thing I did enjoy about Neverwinter was the combat. i had fun leveling, but shortly after I hit 60 I found out that there was nothing to do.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by STD-Skin

This game isn't bad, but still far from finished. The only thing that will keep me away from this game is the Pay to Win model set up by Perfect World Entertainment. PWE sucks, a lot.

One thing I did enjoy about Neverwinter was the combat. i had fun leveling, but shortly after I hit 60 I found out that there was nothing to do.

Weirdly this game loses everything it has at 60. The content and the gameplay becomes way monotonous. The cash shop is outrageous to add to it's negatives. with a 98% drop in XP rate the game might get a longer immersion is what I feel. I have stopped playing this game, though I started with the founder's pack. 

The auction house, monotonous epic dungeons, client crashes, confusing economy, astral diamond / cash shop dependent crafting, high queue time. memory leaks, unfinished items and game portions ... all these and a few more really made it a disappointment.

"A note to myself, never believe perfect world or cryptic or put $ in any game before it has launched and is read about from players in mmorpg.com."

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97

this game is forgettable and it has a bland/non-interesting/been there done it before feel....

fail

• STD-SkinSTD-Skin Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Sourajit

Weirdly this game loses everything it has at 60. The content and the gameplay becomes way monotonous. The cash shop is outrageous to add to it's negatives. with a 98% drop in XP rate the game might get a longer immersion is what I feel. I have stopped playing this game, though I started with the founder's pack. 

The auction house, monotonous epic dungeons, client crashes, confusing economy, astral diamond / cash shop dependent crafting, high queue time. memory leaks, unfinished items and game portions ... all these and a few more really made it a disappointment.

"A note to myself, never believe perfect world or cryptic or put $ in any game before it has launched and is read about from players in mmorpg.com."

One part that was really infuriating was that the "end game" gear can just be bought off the auction house. Just buy Zen, exchange it for diamonds and buy all your gear off the auction house. The foundry is about the only thing that really made this game stand out. 

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Sourajit

One part that was really infuriating was that the "end game" gear can just be bought off the auction house. Just buy Zen, exchange it for diamonds and buy all your gear off the auction house. The foundry is about the only thing that really made this game stand out. 

I also noticed when I posted some end game gear in the auction house which I got from delves chests, they were not found from the search and thus I lost the exchange fee and after 4 days none got sold. I did give out a buyout also and from another account and the gateway I checked and my end game gear was not found. This is so weird. 

There is some unscrupulous activity throughout the game which you cannot pin-point but it exists.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• dugulaladugulala Member Posts: 5
    I wouldnt recommend new player to play this game.
  • droolintigerdroolintiger Member Posts: 16
    I haven't played any of the Foundry missions yet but hope to soon.  Am not too disappointed with the game and I know there are worse out there.  I just like being able to have so many to choose from.  :)
  • ink3d94ink3d94 Member Posts: 3

Looks like the trolls quit WoW, they have migrated to the forums!

Seriously tho Neverwinter is an amazing game with awesome graphics and addictive gameplay. So worth a try. Its a great game.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    plz stop trying to lure ppl to this pay to win/ pay to have any fun at all trash ~_~

hallo ~_~