Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OculusVR space dog fighting <3

LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

One of my favorite parts of the EVE keynote today was the Oculus Rift sneak peek. If you're into dogfight-style combat and are a fan of EVE, this is definitely worth checking out. 

Here is a link to an article on it: 

http://themittani.com/news/fanfest-dogfighting-eve-oculus-rift

And here's some video from development:

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/395925361  (EVR starts around 3:33 in the video)

/swoonz

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
"Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    I don't care what computer magic it takes, get this connected to TQ ASAP!

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

That looks sweet.

Also Star Citizen will also be Oculus Rift ready!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

This stuff is pure gold.

But unless they can get the price down to reasonable levels (below $100 ?), it will not be widely supported in games, which will make it an awesome but fairly useless gadget.

However, I would be seriously tempted to buy it anyways, even if it was only usable in 1 or 2 games image

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    like this will work with blobfights. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

+ don't quote mittani site lol, that guy is one big RMT moron. :P

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Muke
    like this will work with blobfights. :)

Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

But even if it's only used for 6x6 instanced "battlegrounds", it's still the most realistic and natural spaceflight experience you'll find in any game. Almost total 360 degree vision, and all you have to do is turn your head ? It can't get any better than that...

it looked very nice yes, and may be the future.