Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift + Storm Legion + 1 month game time = Free

redekaredeka Member Posts: 5

There is a great promotion going on over at Raptr gaming right now. If you play Rift while their desktop app is open, they will set you up with Rift, Storm Legion, and 1 month free game time. I can confirm it works, as I just received my free copy and got my GF set up :). Here's what to do:

1. Sign up and Download the Rift client. (Note: This is my ascend-a-friend referal link. If this is against terms, I can change it to a generic link.)

2. Download the Raptr Deskop App. This must be run in the background while you play Rift.

3. Log enough hours and collect your free goodness (I simply left my Rift game open over night and in the morning I had enough hours to collect the bonus).

4. Enjoy!!

I am on the Faeblight server, and my name is Redeka (defiant faction) if you want to play together.

Edit: As mentioned below, you may be sent back to the character selection screen if you idle for too long, but as long as the game remains open Ratpr will continue to add  hours played.

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

So....the game didn't kick you out because of inactivity?

• redekaredeka Member Posts: 5
    Yes, it kicked me out of the server and back to the character selection screen, but as long as the game is open, Raptr counts it as playtime.
  • nicolino15nicolino15 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by redeka
    Yes, it kicked me out of the server and back to the character selection screen, but as long as the game is open, Raptr counts it as playtime.

Indeed. Here's is a guide on how to get the hours without any trouble: http://riftmaniacs.blogspot.com/

Hope it's useful. 

Cheers.

PD: For those wondering if it's fake, it's not. I actually get the free stuff and I'm having lots of fun playing Rift with friends. All of you who didn't know this game, it's time to give it a try! :)

STFU n00b !

• darkheart84darkheart84 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Is it possible to get this if you have played RIFT before? I would like to do this for Storm Legion
    Originally posted by darkheart84
    Is it possible to get this if you have played RIFT before? I would like to do this for Storm Legion

Of course, I actually did that, I recieved SL + 1 free month :) just apply the promo code to your old account.

STFU n00b !

• ilovetopvpilovetopvp Member UncommonPosts: 18
    how many hours do you have to play to get the free copy?
    12hs

STFU n00b !

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

I got storm legion on my current account and 30 days gametime, is an awesome promotion to try out the new content.

Yes it is great, I can't beleive its totally free. SL is like, 40 bucks retail...
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Just verifying that this does indeed work.  I got my hours when raptr first came out, so all these goodies were automatically awarded to me when they came out.  This is the only reason I have SL on my 2nd (mule) account.  I was able to fully migrate to Tempest Bay (yay). 

The Raptr pet isn't bad either.  The stone shoulders would be cool if you could dye them.  Oh well, still unique.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Lol.. PAY..na that mmo has not changed at all.They found people willing to still pay to play it so..thats all that matters to them.
    I was a little concerned as well. The program is nicely stream lined and easy to use. I have not received any spam in my inbox yet, but using a disposable email can't hurt if that's kind of thing keeps you up at night. I haven't tried uninstalling it yet, so I can't comment in that. I do however, use the program more than I expected for its social features.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

any ideas if these codes expire if you dont use them?

i already own rift + Storm Legion, but i got this promo code and i also have another raptor code for rift + SL from the previous promotion they did when SL first launched. So now i have two codes and i want to know if they dont expire so i can trade them for 2 other games.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

I'm thinking about doing this.  It would be a really easy way to upgrade to SL.  I'm just really leery of installing rapr, xfire, or any of those third party tracking programs.  I sort of consider them bunkware.

How hard is it to delete raptr and remove all traces of it from the machine?  Do they spam your email?  As in do I need to make an email alias just for this?

I'm like you.  I don't like programs like this, xFire, even Steam.

But I'm in a unique position.  This is how my oldest boy and I keep track of each others gaming habits and keep in touch.

It's extremely easy to uninstall.  Don't worry about that.  I've had it installed for months this time and no issues.

Take that as you will.  =)

Originally posted by rojo6934

i already own rift + Storm Legion, but i got this promo code and i also have another raptor code for rift + SL from the previous promotion they did when SL first launched. So now i have two codes and i want to know if they dont expire so i can trade them for 2 other games.

woops, missed this.  Should have multi-quoted.  Yes these codes expire around the middle of June (iirc).  Just for reference.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Acidon
    Originally posted by rojo6934

woops, missed this.  Should have multi-quoted.  Yes these codes expire around the middle of June (iirc).  Just for reference.

thanks, now i know i just have 1 code then lol.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

I'd had heard about Raptr before, but never downloaded it due to them using Adobe Air (LOL!) in early versions. 

I downloaded it for the RIFT deal, tho, which by the way, I claimed yesterday and it worked like a charm. But Raptr is actually a really neat, lightweight tool. The social features, like many others, I use more than I imagined I would.

I did uninstall it once before I made my mind up that I was going to go ahead and go for the RIFT deal and the uninstallation was absolutely painless and was completely removed.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    There are only 768 left at this time... guess i won't make it. I would soooo love to get a storm legion key...

At 768 I would still give it a go. Just leave your game on the character selection screen overnight and you will have your key in the morning. If you get the disconnected message from the server don't push ok and simply ignore the message. Raptr will still count it as time played as long as the game is running.
    Originally posted by redeka
    At 768 I would still give it a go. Just leave your game on the character selection screen overnight and you will have your key in the morning. If you get the disconnected message from the server don't push ok and simply ignore the message. Raptr will still count it as time played as long as the game is running.

Thanks for the heads up. I had the client running and RIft opened over night and claimed my rewards this morning.

They have stocked them up again, Sl+30 days is back to 3100 remaining, while it was ~700 when i started yesterday.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

I just want to clarify that these codes DO NOT expire around June.

What happens in June is that this promotion will end, or before if all keys are taken.

But if you have the keys, you can use them today, in July or next year.

The expiration date is just about when the promotion ends, not when the keys expiry (they dont).

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I kinda think that this promotion is a test... They are gauging reaction for "free" or in other words "F2P".. Now they are going to give it a month and see what kind of retention they have for the "new" crowd that got in for free.. If many remain subbed, I could see them trying to convert sometime this year..

Basically its " how many people will play the game and sub if we removed the initial barrier for entry?"

Originally posted by Vyeth

I kinda think that this promotion is a test... They are gauging reaction for "free" or in other words "F2P".. Now they are going to give it a month and see what kind of retention they have for the "new" crowd that got in for free.. If many remain subbed, I could see them trying to convert sometime this year..

Basically its " how many people will play the game and sub if we removed the initial barrier for entry?"

I'm also shure there is more about it then just giving out say 6000 keys for free, which wouldnt make a difference in population.

Considering that you can easily hit the required ~12hrs on a free trial account just by testing some classes and goof around in the starting areas and then upgrade to the full game + expansion + 30 days for free as well...

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    there still keys left?
  • kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Thanks for pointing this out, will try Rift. There were 3350 keys last night so they must just keep restocking. I got my key this morning.