Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Darkness 2013 or 2014?

Just recently started following this game, is it safe to say that this will most likely not be released until late 2013 or early 2014? 

Comments

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

More like 2015 or 2016, unless they plan to release very small barebones product and work on it more after.

• TimmeyhTimmeyh Member Posts: 166
    Ive been following this game from around 2007 and so far I dont think it will be released before 2015.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by fenistil

More like 2015 or 2016, unless they plan to release very small barebones product and work on it more after.

This. Maybe even 2017. It sucks, but it's better than get a game released in beta state and full of bugs.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Krematory

This. Maybe even 2017. It sucks, but it's better than get a game released in beta state and full of bugs.

People keep saying this and its never right. Never! We wait forever and we still get crap. They just need to come out with the game make it beta open for all. We can test it and play it and give the info that needs to be added.  It can be open beta for 2 years why not? Time game devs start thinking outside the box for once.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Hopefully by 2014 once they realize the waiting catastrophe that is Dust 514 and spend the money to develop WOD.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I'd agree, probably 2016 or 2017.  It's not a priority to them right now, so with the little it appears they've done, I think they have a very long way to go.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    it's vaporware
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Trust me when I say that WoD is the lowest priority project in CCP's stall right now. They are soon launching DUST 514, after which they will probably start developing the PC version. When that is finally launched, and IF they still have resources after updating content for 2 games over 2 platforms, they MIGHT work on WoD.

Frankly, I'm not quite sure WoD will ever be released.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    The fact is that no-one outside CCP really knows.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Trust me when I say that WoD is the lowest priority project in CCP's stall right now. They are soon launching DUST 514, after which they will probably start developing the PC version. When that is finally launched, and IF they still have resources after updating content for 2 games over 2 platforms, they MIGHT work on WoD.

Frankly, I'm not quite sure WoD will ever be released.

DUST on PC?

In your dreams. Only going to happen if the PS3 version totally fails.

• RaamRaam Member Posts: 35
    Also.. I don't think the guy realizes that it is completely different sections in opposite ends of the world that are developing on the two products.. Dust being developed in Asia.. WoD in the US.. 

- Signed by, Raam KxThorath
    Founder/admin of the unofficial World of Darkness facebook group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/wodmmo/

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

my guess would be early 2014.

hope to get some new infos soon...

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

The ps3 is at the end of her life cycle - we get a new PS and xbox not to long from now.
    Lots of studio's are already working on launch title's for the new hardware that comes out soon.

Sure people might still own the PS3, but games will grow thin like any other console when its getting replaced.
    I woult rule out Dust 514 on PC when this happens.

WoD....we know little about whats going on in the house of CCP.
    Wish we got some more info so we can assume its being worked on, right now its on the CCP shelves and no1 knows how many people might going to work on it.

Sad new as this might be a very interesting mmo on the fail themepark mmo's we have been fed last 7 years.

• Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39

60+ devs (plus another half dozen open jobs for it) working on the WoD MMO it's not 'vaporware' nor is it 'low priority'. However it certainly isn't going to be released this year. It was said so as fact by CCP. The going guess for the schedule for the MMO is 2014 we will finally see a beta, and released 2nd half of 2015. Once DUST is finished which is soon the plan is to move most of those devs to the WoD MMO

Anyone who says it's vaporware or low priority is quite ignorant on the topic, take them with a grain of salt.

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net

• quikmixxquikmixx Member Posts: 14

This is pretty extreme. The rights to this game were acquired in 2006, thats right, almost 9 years ago. Development started around march of 09 to august of 09 according to rumors. They have planned to make this game since 2006.  They have already been in development for a solid 4 years, to think they need another 3 or 4 on top of that is insane. I say late 2014 or early 2015 tops. They have always been in development with a team of 60 or more developers for 4 years, and at this point dust 514 is at a stage to where it can recieve aot  less attention and they can focus all their resources on WoD.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Q4 2014

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

They've shown off the developer tools that they've been working on, and specifically stated that there was no "in-game" footage because it doesn't exist yet.

2015 Holiday's are the earliest I can see this coming out, and even that might be generous.

You make me like charity

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by quikmixx

This is pretty extreme. The rights to this game were acquired in 2006, thats right, almost 9 years ago. Development started around march of 09 to august of 09 according to rumors. They have planned to make this game since 2006.  They have already been in development for a solid 4 years, to think they need another 3 or 4 on top of that is insane. I say late 2014 or early 2015 tops. They have always been in development with a team of 60 or more developers for 4 years, and at this point dust 514 is at a stage to where it can recieve aot  less attention and they can focus all their resources on WoD.

The "development" that you're thinking of was from a different studio/setup, and not part of the current plan.

Here's the latest, from CCP's Eve expo thing:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-27-shining-a-light-on-ccps-world-of-darkness

You make me like charity

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Yea prob want to push your speculations back a year or two. I don't see this game coming to light until 2015 if that.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Mothanos

The ps3 is at the end of her life cycle - we get a new PS and xbox not to long from now.
    Lots of studio's are already working on launch title's for the new hardware that comes out soon.

Sure people might still own the PS3, but games will grow thin like any other console when its getting replaced.
    I woult rule out Dust 514 on PC when this happens.

WoD....we know little about whats going on in the house of CCP.
    Wish we got some more info so we can assume its being worked on, right now its on the CCP shelves and no1 knows how many people might going to work on it.

Sad new as this might be a very interesting mmo on the fail themepark mmo's we have been fed last 7 years.

It's worth remembering that it has only been a few months since Sony stopped producing the Playstation 2. Even if the PS4 launches this year, the PS3 will be the greatly more important platform for years to come. Going on historical trends, it'll be at least 2016 before the PS4 starts outselling it, never mind actually exceeding the PS3 userbase - the Playstation 2 was still massively outselling the PS3 in 2009, 3 years after the PS3 launched.

If you think that game companies are going to drop PS3 releases any time soon, you might want to explain your reasoning.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

My three best guesses based on how little they're willing to show ( especially considering started devlopemnt in 2006):

1. 2016

2. Gets cancelled

3. 2015

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

with Eve still growing and DUST integration getting more and more attention they have a great succes.
    WOD has 70 devs working on it..knowing CCP they want to make it perfect.
    This is the 1st time they do a (fantasy mmo) so excpect lots of hicups and back to the drawing board.

They are not in a hurry, dont feel presured by retarded investors...
    My gues is 2015 release or beta.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    More like 2015 and beyond....

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by LongLivePvP
    More like 2015 and beyond....

Dang it! I wanted to put 2015 up there!

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I have a feeling that this game won't see the light of day.