Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• nf4mousnf4mous Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Alot

As an immature GW2 Fascist, I kitten know both of you kittens need to kitten stop making kitten petty generalizations and presenting your kitten opinion as fact.

who doesn't love kittens!

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Meh, 154$ is not a high pledge for a MMO.

For example i have pledged the 110$ tier, that includes a copy of the game, 3 months sub, +2 char slots, alpha access and 7% discount on the games sub.

Lets say the game releases with 50$ box and 10$ sub and you play if for 1 year.

I pay:

110$ + 84$ = 194$

Someone getting in later pays:

50$ + 120$ = 170$

Not that much of a difference, and i get alot of tangible goodies like char slots, cosmetic armor, founders points etcpp. In other words probably collectors edition level content, maybe even above.

And, yeah well, i help to make this game happen because i want it. Im not some selfless kind of person donating to some good cause or anything, im doing it for purely selfish reasons. I like MMOs, but i do not like whats currently in season for MMOs. Oh sure i might dabble in games like Titan, NWN or TESO. But i can already see that none of them have the meat to them to make em my primary MMO.

Because, quite frankly, the kind of MMOs i like are apparently not the kind of MMOs publishers like to fund.

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Looks like the pledges picked up on speed since the Q&A updates.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Joekra

yea probably that and in combination with it being the last few days.. these projects usually get a very big spike on the last few days

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Maybe or it could just be the fact that we're in the final days so people are finally committing or increase their pledges as much as they feel the game justifies.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Hard to tell for me, they seem to need more per day than they did prior to the Q&A updates. 

They need a little over 155k a day for the next 3 days (Rolls over here in an hour and a half so might as well count it as 3 days left). Not to mention they still haven't broke 10k backers yet. 

• It's picked up speed a lot, no question. It needs more per day because there are less days. I think it's gonna fund, though. It usually goes completely crazy on the last day.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

This certainly continues to be an interesting KS bid.

Around 25 new pledges in the last hour or so, at an average of about $270 each !

Apparently, the "financial crisis" is a myth in the land of gamers.

• Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by Axxar
    It's picked up speed a lot, no question. It needs more per day because there are less days. I think it's gonna fund, though. It usually goes completely crazy on the last day.

It does go crazy, but not 400k crazy.

Most projects that get that kind of backing in the final days had near 30k backers.

Still up in the air though. Certainly interesting to see which way it goes.

How many backers did they have before the final stretch where they reached 30k backers by the end?

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

This certainly continues to be an interesting KS bid.

Around 25 new pledges in the last hour or so, at an average of about $270 each !

Apparently, the "financial crisis" is a myth in the land of gamers.

If somebody is completely sold on the game and sure he will play it for a few years after launch, then the $250 sort of lifetime sub tier is a good financial deal. I don't have that much confidence in it at this point but I can easily see why somebody who did and had the money to burn would go for that tier.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Originally posted by meddyck

If somebody is completely sold on the game and sure he will play it for a few years after launch, then the $250 sort of lifetime sub tier is a good financial deal. I don't have that much confidence in it at this point but I can easily see why somebody who did and had the money to burn would go for that tier.

I'll be honest, I'm eyeballing the 250-350 lifetimer. But 3 things hold me back. 1). I never play a game long enough to use lifetime (though I do tend to come back to games through the years). 2). I'm just not impressed enough and I've already made my feelings about KS in general clear. 3). The wife who very much pays attention to #1 has made her feelings painfully known.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by cinos
    It's picked up speed a lot, no question. It needs more per day because there are less days. I think it's gonna fund, though. It usually goes completely crazy on the last day.

Most projects that get that kind of backing in the final days had near 30k backers.

How many backers did they have before the final stretch where they reached 30k backers by the end?

Star Citizen 25k backers with 3 days left. 750k boost. Ended with 34k backers

Elite 20k backers with 3 days left. 650k boost. Ended with 26k backers

Shroud of the Avatar 19k backers with 3days left. 500k boost. Ended with 22k backers

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by RefMinor

Shroud of the Avatar 19k backers with 3days left. 500k boost. Ended with 22k backers

Now go back and review how those games were presented through the pledge period and you'll see why CU is struggling. They make CU look like a bunch of notes scrawled on a napkin. 

• Originally posted by RefMinor

Thanks, those are some very interesting numbers!

Originally posted by topographic

Now go back and review how those games were presented through the pledge period and you'll see why CU is struggling. They make CU look like a bunch of notes scrawled on a napkin. 

lol most those games showed hardly anything at all.. they all were mostly hanging on their big named developers and good ideas and much wider appeal.. i backed shroud and Star but during this KS i got a better idea of what to expect from CU than either of those games..  but either way hope they all do well

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I don't need to, I am neither for nor against CU, I just provided the numbers requested without commentary. They stand as fact.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

lol most those games showed hardly anything at all.. they all were mostly hanging on their big named developers and good ideas and much wider appeal.. i backed shroud and Star but during this KS i got a better idea of what to expect from CU than either of those games..  but either way hope they all do well

Eh, you are probably right. Actually, you can't even compare CU with the others mentioned. They were hanging on their big-named developers. MJ is a one-trick pony with a niche game trying to recreate that success in a genre 1000 times the size. A speck of dust in comparison. The vocal minority would have you believe otherwise, however.

i think the lesson here is those "grand old days" people keep waxing poetic about are over. Good riddance, IMO. 

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Originally posted by meddyck

I'll be honest, I'm eyeballing the 250-350 lifetimer. But 3 things hold me back. 1). I never play a game long enough to use lifetime (though I do tend to come back to games through the years). 2). I'm just not impressed enough and I've already made my feelings about KS in general clear. 3). The wife who very much pays attention to #1 has made her feelings painfully known.

I pledged $110 on day one.

I used to play MMOs for years, starting way back in '94. Recently however, that just hasn't been the case.

I do love RvR, i  love crafting as an important aspect of the game, I really miss housing and what it can bring to a pvp type game, with its player towns, attacks, call to arms, etc. I really like the way they are implementing their housing as well, it reminds me a lot of the housing tool introduced in the Age of Shadows expansion for UO ( i never played minecraft)

MJs description of his game is pretty close to the way I thought this genre' was going to progress when i started MMOs all those years ago, and i was looking forward to it. Sadly, it didn't really work out that way at all, and I'm pretty certain thats why i don't stay  with MMOs very long these days.

I jumped to the $250 lifetime sub 3 days ago.

I'm not expecting some type of MMO "utopia", but this looks like it could be a really fun game to play, so i jumped on the lifetime. thinking this is the type of game i've been waiting for.

Heres hoping it works out well image

It has picked up a bit of steam here recently.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

500K to go :(

I pledged 10 bucks and don't even plan on playing :D

I just want yall to have a game that you enjoy.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by Vorch

500K to go :(

I pledged 10 bucks and don't even plan on playing :D

I just want yall to have a game that you enjoy.

how nice of you:) i only have $30 pledged as i never really cared for daoc but after seeing all that he wants to do with this game i'm surely upping my pledge.. just trying to see how much i can afford.. probably go for the $110 one which would be the most I have spent on a video game in one shot.. obviously over time I have spent way more on sub games and such.. heh

Originally posted by Tierless

New blog about being a contradictory sellout because of Camelot Unchained.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Very interesting take on things, i like it. Especially the part about AAA mmos becoming more like phone apps lol.

I mean last week i got a free 10 day trial for WoW, which i hadn't played since ... well WotLK pretty much. I was shocked senseless, i literally didn't recognize the game. Hell to think i was complaining in WotLK that the good old vanilla days where best ... we'll who had thought rock bottom was still THAT far away. I just don't get how you can change a game that much without pissing off your player base ... then again maybe the people playing WoW through BC till WotLK are long gone anyway.

That got me thinking, about the difference of a developer having a clear vision and hoping to find a way to sell it to a customer base, and a developer wanting to sell to a customer base first, and changing the product every which way to appeal to whatever is currently the biggest demographic.

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    400k and change to go!
    Originally posted by UOlover
    Someone do us a favor and pledge 400k, pretty please

I'll send an email to bill gates asking nicely. I mean the game is going to run on windows ... surely that suffices?