Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A PvP suggestion

Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Richard told us that he listen to us the players, so my guess is that nothing is set in stone yet and the game will continue to evolve.

I have a suggestion on PvP that will almost keep all playstyles happy.

Make PvP hardcore as before trammel or before Age of Shadows for the ones wanting that kind of game, that kind of thrill. Make it optional. If you dont want to participate then dont. Do your thing without fear getting dragged into something you want to avoid.

There will be guildwars and i would like to see an option for real consequences in the game. Remember it would be optional. The ones that enjoy a risk vs reward game, full loot and maybe even statloss for PK:s and while i think of it a bounty board could have those features that only affects them, noone else.

As i see it it's the only way to get the old UO players and the casual players not interested in PvP happy.

Such an option would suit a wider playerbase. All you guys have to remember that the really old UO players that experienced Ultima Online before trammel and Age of Shadows have been looking for a new similar MMO since 2003. 

Comments

• chr1smchr1sm Member Posts: 42
    I agree that Trammel killed UO as we knew it, not sure what you mean by "optional" above. I like the risk/consequence factor that existed back then, changing this core concept would just make sota drown out in the sea of fantasy games out there.
  • ND3GND3G Member Posts: 8
    Because Shroud of the Avatar (SotA) will utilze what Garriott is calling Selective Multiplayer those you want to experience a full fledged PvP experience will only see those players also interested in PvP and those players not interested in PVP will only see other non-PVP characters. Players will be in the same world, even the same zones but in different instances.
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Member UncommonPosts: 97

My hopes for SotA have crashed, with the arrival of nostalgic pre Tram PKers flocking to the forums.  These guys are loud and demanding, trying to make SotA a different game from the one originaly layed out in the KS, it appears the devs may be listening, and the game may go the way of Darkfall once the storyline has been completed.

Many of these old UO pk and pvp fans do not want to make room for the more peaceful segment of the community, pointing out that lazy, half wits should seek out other games. 

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Earthgirl

My hopes for SotA have crashed, with the arrival of nostalgic pre Tram PKers flocking to the forums.  These guys are loud and demanding, trying to make SotA a different game from the one originaly layed out in the KS, it appears the devs may be listening, and the game may go the way of Darkfall once the storyline has been completed.

Many of these old UO pk and pvp fans do not want to make room for the more peaceful segment of the community, pointing out that lazy, half wits should seek out other games. 

So what did you like my suggestion?

I am an old pre tram PvP:er and as most old UO players i understand the game need to have full open PvP only for the ones searching such a game and the ones not interested play their type of playstyle.

Game servers seems to work as it will find players with similar interest and bring them together. That is far from a game overtaken by pre tram PK:ers as you claim.

• EarthgirlEarthgirl Member UncommonPosts: 97

I apologize Aragon, for going off topic.  Yes I do like your suggestion, I know many old UO fans want that type ingame feel back and I hope you will in one of the open world filters.

I think as is you will already have alot of that in the guild war staged area.  Although not sure if its planned with full or partial looting.

• RoleroRolero Member UncommonPosts: 24

Pre-Tramel is the way. There's no option worth.

I don't understand what could have happened in OSI/EA... but after 13 years over 1000 players follow in UO T2A era.

it works and is the only way, an open world where your actions have repercussions, dangers, adrenaline, mischief, revenge.

for me that's a sandbox, maybe sota not be what I expected.

only is my opinion.

regards