Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what do you say about Neverwinter now?

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

So, especially those who hadn't played Neverwinter yet, since you started and I have to wait another 2 days (sob), how did it start? How is it going? First impressions?

And are there cows? I want cows. There are never enough cows in these games...

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    If you havent bought a pack you have to wait 4 more days if you bought 60$ one you come in tomorrow if im not misstaken so eiter way 2days is wrong mate
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Lokberg
    If you havent bought a pack you have to wait 4 more days if you bought 60$ one you come in tomorrow if im not misstaken so eiter way 2days is wrong mate

nope he was right today is for the expensive pack and the 27th is for the $60 pack

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    It looks terrible to me. Heavy emphasis on LOOKS because maybe it's ok. Unfortunately, based on what I've seen, it doesn't interest me enough to try it.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Only got up to 21 today. Had to share my time with FFXI. (Damn you S-E for putting out another expansion)  Ran into a few people, that were in their late 20's in level. Having a blast with it so far.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I have a question,  can you turn off the path finder thingy that leads you to you're objective?  I plan on playing and was just wondering about that feature.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by stayontarget
    I have a question,  can you turn off the path finder thingy that leads you to you're objective?  I plan on playing and was just wondering about that feature.

yes

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Otakun

yes

Fastastic,  thank you for the quick response.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ranncoreranncore Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Otakun

yes

Fastastic,  thank you for the quick response.

"Z" is the default key for toggling this. 

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    It's a lot of fun. Definitely not quite an open world mmo as say WoW but it feels like a really awesome ARPG that just happens to be an MMO too.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    The combat is fun enough to be a single player rpg is what I should have said.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    im having a blast.  havent had this much fun in over a year.
  • jarziumjarzium Member Posts: 40

i won't say it's worth the $200 i paid for early access, but it's a lot of fun. (and definitely more worth than paying $100 for defiance)

i can't remember the last time i was so excited for a game launch. the only thing that i dislike will be the combat system, since you can't move and fight at the same time. but apart from that, i'm having such a blast. 

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    It's a lot of fun. Definitely not quite an open world mmo as say WoW but it feels like a really awesome ARPG that just happens to be an MMO too.

Well it is mostly about dungeon crawling so lack of more open world makes sense . However, once you start getting towards lvl 30 more open zones will be avilablke for you but still focus is more on dungeons.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Well, the game is what i've expected, not much more, not much less - a decent way to burn some time. What intrigues me is this eary access to beta. Really, early access to beta? What's next, a beta for the beta? I wonder where this is going.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Dragons Prophet and many other games are doing early access.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Wasn't worth the $200, though I wanna keep supporting Cryptic as a dev group since I like them and hope they can get back more into the stuff they enjoy.

If they can exert more of the gameplay elments and designs they have used previously and incorporate better player choice and customization as time goes on I may end up liking the game more, but not in it's present state.

Just kind of a sit and wait situation as a result.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

I didn't really start to have fun with my character until level 16 or so.  I can see the potential, but I really do doubt that anyone is going to make this their online game of choice.

The game is a fun adaptation of 4th Edition rules.  The problem is that it is the 4th Edition rules. 

It's not hard to imagine how this game could have been quite a bit better.

I tried playing some alts already and it was really hard to trudge through the low level content for even a second time.

This game has too much China in it though.  Right click a box and all of a sudden your backpack is full of crap that you can't use and all sorts of dyes.  It's annoying.  I hope this F2P craze dies out because getting boxes you can't open and items you can't identify is pretty obnoxious.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I'm sorry... I just am not impressed. Yes, the combat is fun but for me it got old after awhile. The graphics bother me as well, they seem old school. I wish the game success even though I will not be playing it.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Read the title and now have  The Heavy - How Do You Like Me Now? stuck ion my head >.<
  • CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    The graphics are actually not bad. The world is nicely done. I often take a pause to admire the scenery and environment as i travel to new places.
  • FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

So basically its GW2 reskinned?

That was the impression I got from watching the combat that LOOKS spammy.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Faelsun

So basically its GW2 reskinned?

That was the impression I got from watching the combat that LOOKS spammy.

No, Your skills are on cooldown but ou have a hell of a lot fewer abilities.  One of the reasons I'm not too keen on the compbat is how their too fee.  Sure there are some class mechanics like stealth and divine power but even then only 3 (or 4?) abilities with moderate cooldowns and 2 lengthy cooldowns is dumbdown simplistic combat not matter how you wanna try to look at it.  Left n Right mouse buttons are nothing more than autoattacks.

Spammy is not the case though.  I'd say a good pace of hitting abilities but too limiting imo.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Cetra
    The graphics are actually not bad. The world is nicely done. I often take a pause to admire the scenery and environment as i travel to new places.

The bug eye effect drive me nuts in the models.  Eyes are WAY to friggin big with the glaring whites or whatever you call that part of the eye to the point that its disturbing.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by jarzium

i won't say it's worth the $200 i paid for early access, but it's a lot of fun. (and definitely more worth than paying $100 for defiance)

i can't remember the last time i was so excited for a game launch. the only thing that i dislike will be the combat system, since you can't move and fight at the same time. but apart from that, i'm having such a blast. 

This killed it for me right here. Was downloading it to prepare for the Open Beta. Now I know I wont like this game so have cancelled the download.

Being rooted during combat is what put me off of Tera, and has now put me off of Neverwinter. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by stragen001
    Originally posted by jarzium

This killed it for me right here. Was downloading it to prepare for the Open Beta. Now I know I wont like this game so have cancelled the download.

Being rooted during combat is what put me off of Tera, and has now put me off of Neverwinter. 

i don't like it on ranged classes but melee works fine.. i'd still give it a shot.. especially the rogue.. lots of fun

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg