Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Artificial Hype?

rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

coz i wasnt impressed at all, so what are your opinions? [mod edit]

anyway i think PWE has pissed off too many ppl before with their pay to win trash, & this game isnt even good at all to begin with

hallo ~_~

Comments

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Feel sorry u obiously blew 200 bucks on it OP, i most likely will get my monies worth the 30th with my friends.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Hype is by definition artificial. Aside from that, what did you expect from Cryptic? A Cryptic does not change its spots.
  • LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Great game with very fun combat (easy to play but hard to master), lots of events to play, linear and open ended depending on content (user vs default).  CS is balanced and in game currency is easy to obtain.  For a free game there are no complaints even for paying 60 i'm going to have a hell of time playing some of the best action combat there is, smooth, easy targeting and tactical combat.  Some of the best dungeon crawling and no need for tanks, every boss can be downed without a tank if you're skilled.  
  • SoraksisSoraksis Member UncommonPosts: 294
    I actually enjoyed the game quite a bit.  I will be playing it this weekend and for many days to come.  Not sure how much content is in the game in full since we could only beta up to 30.  But it doesnt matter I will play through all of it.  I am sorry you didnt enjoy it but I sure did.  As far as the hype goes all hype for all games is artificial that is something most of us has known for a long time now.
  • APRIMEAPRIME Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I like it.
  • PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    I like it too. 
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    I like it three :)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    It's pretty fun - I honestly mean that - in an advanced DDO way.  But it's not enough to draw me in because I really don't get that mmorpg feel rather I get a video game feel.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Is this a joke topic? What hype?

Personally, I had fun with it from what I got to play and look forward to the 30th.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Ritsuka81Ritsuka81 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    It almost has a.. I'm gonna say it.. a City of Heroes feel to it. - IN THAT There are parts of it that are open-world. Parts of it that are instanced. So there are times where I'm going 'Hmm. This feels like GW1, I'm just going station to station, performing a mission, and being spat back out into a safe zone'. Then before I know it, I'm in Blacklake running around with other players in the open smashing on groups of mobs. I only got to play the one CB that was generally open to the public, and I was annoyed that was the only Beta I could get into. But I still enjoyed the game and will go back to it when I can.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

I really enjoy the game!

I just find it pretty fun and love the combat.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    It's a very fun game, will be waiting in line to play it without end on the 30th.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    It's good. I like.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

im moderately interested in the game.

because of PWE and the zen shop though i gurantee i wont give a dime, i dont support those jokers even if cryptic made the game.

but with darkfall and defiance keeping me occupied i probably wont be picking up the game for at least a month...which is probably a good idea give the foundry time to mature...and hopefully better classes...

well im sure the new classes will be over priced in the zen shop lol

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The game play is not extraordinary but quite fun...Graphics and annimations are okay (sadly soe root you in place) .. and the few classes available seem pretty ballanced. (they really need to add more classes tough)

However the future of this game depends on the quallity of the foundry missions..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175

Really love it right now, level 34 GWF and its fun as hell with tons of content.  Content that I enjoy running, plus its a good game for those introverted people like myself cause its one of the few MMO's to understand that if you feature instanced content then you need a LFG queing system.

Will it last?  Who knows but for now I am having way more fun playing then even starting out in GW2 and that bodes well for my future in the game.  Hoefully by the time I get bored (if I do) then TESO is out or GW2 has featured a proper endgame.

SUP

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by rommello

coz i wasnt impressed at all, so what are your opinions? trollers or legit all r welcome

anyway i think PWE has pissed off too many ppl before with their pay to win trash, & this game isnt even good at all to begin with

This isn't Twitter or a text message, so there is little to be gained by your format.  Perhaps a cogent thought in complete sentences (or even real words) might come off less as a troll thread. If you'd care to edit your post, prehaps you might receive better feedback. 

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

coz i wasnt impressed at all, so what are your opinions? trollers or legit all r welcome

If you'd played the previous 2 releases you wouldn't be surprised . The aren't jokingly called Craptic by accident.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Honestly a lot of people blindly bashed it, and I feel a lot of the negatives to the game are in spite of the maker/publisher, pretty much ignoring anything about the game to call it bad without even trying it.

It was pleasantly surprising to find a game I actually enjoyed a lot I wasn't expecting. Not perfect, but its does a lot right. Heck, its graphics are a bit 'eh' but its done in a style that actually feels fitting for the game. Could be better of course but it just feels like it fits the namesake so well despite it. 

I really do hope this game does well enough. The main problems I have are mostly related to DnD 4th edition it takes from, which sadly is a pretty meh system to begin with (thus why it has the shortest run of any DnD series, 5e (next) being pushed far quicker then new iterations have in the past). Still they took it and made it entertaining and I really enjoy it. Given more content added and more power given to the foundry, it can be a great 'side' game to play for some time to come.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

If you'd played the previous 2 releases you wouldn't be surprised . The aren't jokingly called Craptic by accident.

Cryptic has no points with me. Outside character creation I thought CO was forgettable. STO was an absolute joke far as I was concerned ground combat wise. The space portion was okay, but the ground portion was some of the worst game experience I had in years (although it did have more than a few unintentional comic moments).

Having said that for whatever reason it appears this game has potential. Hell, maybe their other games do now too but due to their initial level of "ass suckage" I could give a damn.I played all three games of Cryptic since CoH in beta. This is the only one that stood out to me

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

Great game. I will be devoting a lot of time to its foundry (like I already have).

Game has got great potential, but it will need constant updates of classes, powers etc. from the devs side to keep it floating.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I can't wait for this game.  Better combat than TERA, more accessible dungeons than GW2, cheaper than WoW.
  • CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

its a good game.  The graphics is pretty good actually  and the zones are atmospheric. Combat is fun. And its f2p. Everyone should at least try it.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Honestly, I think the game has less hype than it deserves. I didn't expect this sort of quality out of Cryptic. It's a really well done and fun f2p
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I like it, but then again I dont expect the world from a video game company.