Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ps3/tablets

marinho1988marinho1988 Member Posts: 4

Hello guys. Maybe you are not used to answer a question like this but here it goes.

Are there good mmo's for both Playstation 3 or for tablets. Since i don't have a good pc for gaming i would like to know if there any good mmo's for those.

Best regards!!!

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Playstation 3 has DUST 514, which communicates with a PC MMORPG: Eve

tablets have Vendetta Online (Android, WinRT, and iPad2+), which takes place in the same galaxy as others playing the game on PC

Both are probably pretty epic, the latter I know from firsthand experience.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • marinho1988marinho1988 Member Posts: 4

And do you know any website that are just as complete as mmorpg.com but for ps3 or tablets mmo's?

Thanks for the game sugestions, i'll give it a try :)

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

...Not yet.

PS3 has Dust (which is sort of a FPS MMO with a "persistant"gimmick which isnt really there as last I played- But is otherwise fun) DCUO which IMO is horrible and will eventually have FF (not sure the number on that one)

-There is at least one MMO I tried on an Android tablet but it was...bad.

I would say that right now- There isnt anything "worth" playing on PS3/Tablet but I would imagine that the next Ps3/Xbox will have a ton of MMOs.

I love my Ps3 and am dying for a good MMO to play on it- Playing on a 60inch HDTV would be amazing (and considering you can still use a mouse/keyboard it isnt much different than playing on PC) but a PS3 is essentially a Blu-Ray player with a few games thrown in .

EDIT/add- Oddly enough my tablet has really only reintroduced me to Comic Books (which reading them on the Tablet is amazing) and ebooks 9which I had staunchly opposed)- The games are usually very simple and sub-par.  I can certainly see games like FF tactics being eventually made into MMOs and being perfect for a tablet- But to even get games of that "depth" an emulator is required ;)

And what about DCUO, can we go for end game for free? Or sooner or later you will have to pay for some stuff?
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    THere are a few MMORPGs on Android and iOS bu they tend to be very generic WoW clones IMO.There are also a plethoria of Diablo cloens all but a few are freemium of the worst sort though....don't get em started on card game based  fremium ORPGs either lol.Many of them make EA look generous  and fair.But a bit of research will ferret out some cost effective gems.
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

FF XIV Realm Reborn  is actually shaping up to be pretty good. Sign up for the beta and more than likely you will get access in a couple of months

Played it on the PC with PS3 Controller and it worked well

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by marinho1988

Hello guys. Maybe you are not used to answer a question like this but here it goes.

Are there good mmo's for both Playstation 3 or for tablets. Since i don't have a good pc for gaming i would like to know if there any good mmo's for those.

Best regards!!!

PS3 has.... 

1) Defiance - Third Person Shooter MMO that ties into a TV show. Buy to play no monthly fee and optional cash shop. 

2) DCUO (DC Universe Online) - Superhero MMO based on the DC universe with action oriented combat. F2P with premium option. Cash shop is less optional than that of Defiance. 

3) FFXI - if you have one of the backward compatible PS3's. Arguably one of the best MMOs on the play station. Based on the Final Fantasy IP. 

4) FFIV - eventually will be on PS3 if it isn't by now. Arguably one of the worst MMOs on any system. 

5) Dust 514 - Its ok. It isn't really an MMO and it is fairly lack luster. The big pull was the tie in with EvE but thats pretty meh. You're better off with Defiance if you want a shooter MMO. 

Thats all I can think of on PS3 at the moment. As far as tablets go, I use my tablet to stream my PC games when I don't feel like sitting at my PC :P so I don't tend to play tablet games. 

Thanks for all the suggestion guys! On ps3 i'll try DCUO.

But since i spend to much time out of home because of my job, a good mmo for tablet would be nice. Should i go for Vendetta Online then?