Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grats to first lvl 60!!

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by rwyan 

The MMO trappings were picked up shortly after Cryptic was acquired by PW.   

Negative Ghostrider.  Neverwinter was ALWAYS to be an MMO.  Craptic mentioned from day one they planned on releasing three MMO's in a short timespan based on their idea of using the same engine and instanced zones for all three.  The games were CO, STO and NW.  Neverwinter was due to be released in December of the same year that STO launched.  When PW purchased Craptic, they looked at NW and gave the order to stop any mention of its release and sunk some money into it to help improve it.  PW saw it was the same exact game as CO and STO but with different art and knew it would be just as unsuccessful as those two games.  They have spent considerable money in the redesign and some of that effort has flowed over to the other two games.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

What did he win?

Any PVP match where he is higher level and has better gear. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    The game is made from Cryptic, is this really any surprise?  Just wait for all the threads of fans after 30 to 60 days of play when the newness wears off and they realize the game is exactly like all other Cryptic games, short on content and high on P2W.

I guess we can call GW2 pay-to-win short on content game as well?

This guy hit 80 in 32 hours.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Gz PW for 800 euros.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Cryptic must be laughing their socks off, rubbing their hands and saying "sucker".  And people say this is the future of gaming? how sad.
  • RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by furbans
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    From the way Cryptic is speaking, it's pretty obvious they are depending on players to create the majority of the game's content with the Foundry, which is fine to the extent that it better not be an excuse for them to slack on professionally made content additions to the game.  It's one thing to allow player created content, quite another to be lazy about it.  It's getting stupidly crazy with game production costs, yet quality seems to be going down hill with every new game's release.  I guess modern development is on the same bandwagon as the supposed casuals gamers who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

What I fear will be the case.  They already have the burden of creating classes and the list is long already even for just the basic core classes (Paladin, Bard, Barbarian, Ranger, Druid, Monk to include multiple sepcs of said said like the Gaurdian and GWF Fighter on top of addions to the launch classes like melee Cleric and not this laser pewpew crap) which is no simple matter.  The Foundry is a great feature, however the lack of actual DM events or enabling Persistent Worlds to be created was a huge mistake and all in all the Foundry is too limiting.  Easy to use is great but not at the cost of limiting the creations.  90% of the modules at NWN Vault are really meh or lackluster modules with only a handful actually worth the play time.  Neverwinter's Foundry is going to be no different I'd wager. 

Then there is the issue of copyrights, will creators be able to creat much beloved games like Icewind Dale or the Baulder's Gate series? If the Foundry could do that then I'd see some serious quality, however what I've seen of the Foundry it's too limiting to faithfully recreate such beloved titles if copyright was not an issue.

Already there are claims of how Neverwitner isn't D&D at all and is just a WoWification typical themepark MMO.  Time will tell how it ends but I have my doubts about the game.  Would love to be proven wrong as I would love to see a great D&D MMO but it seems like the decades old NWN 1&2 PWs will still be the best D&D MMO or closest thing to it and everything else is just some WoW bastardization of a much loved IP.

Barbarian, Bard and Monk aren't technically core classes in 4E anyways as they came in later in PH2/3. Also if they went melee cleric they should just bring in a warlord, though I would imagine they would go more for a tactical warlord for group buffs as opposed to purely a leader. 

Perhaps hope that what the Foundry will let them do is put more time into quality content building as opposed to pure quantity. So if enough players produce enough content that is decent enough for the playerbase to pass time with, they can work on making sure they don't totally bork whatever content drop is next, which I imagine and hope will be a Ranger since it does seem sort of odd not to have one (though thats irrelevant to me cause woo fighters).

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    As an aside, are there 2h hammers in the game like great mauls or is it just swords?
  • ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by rwyan
    Originally posted by furbans

Already there are claims of how Neverwitner isn't D&D at all and is just a WoWification typical themepark MMO.  Time will tell how it ends but I have my doubts about the game.  Would love to be proven wrong as I would love to see a great D&D MMO but it seems like the decades old NWN 1&2 PWs will still be the best D&D MMO or closest thing to it and everything else is just some WoW bastardization of a much loved IP.

Have you even played the game?  Its not so much a WoWification as its a Diablofication.  Originally, it was revealed as an Online Action RPG.  The original intent was to provide an online experience similar to that of the Diablo series (persistant characters on a server with content experienced in a group or solo) with the addition of the foundry.

The MMO trappings were picked up shortly after Cryptic was acquired by PW.  Taken for what it is, the game is fun.  Yeah its Dungeons and Dragons... but it is an action rpg take on the Dungeons and Dragons system.  For me, it works well like that.  Yeah, I do wish the class system was more open-ended like the pen and paper system.  However, I found each class to be fun and unique enough.

Kind of like Defiance, this isn't a "MMO" your going to sit and devote all of your gaming time to.  This is going to be a game you jump in from time to time for some fun, quick action (solo, co-op, pvp, etc...)

Someone clearly hasn't played and might actually be blind.  Even just watching a video you can clearly, and easily, see that it's NOTHING like diablo.  At all.

You might not like an active combat, but it is the way things are going.  Take your static "stand there and spam abilities" MMO's....because they take skill, right!?  (haha)  Now, I'm not necessarily saying that Neverwinter is amazing, however, at least it's not completely static, like Rift/WoW/etc..  Wildstar will prove to be very similar and, hopefully, quite amazing.  Really, though, you couldn't be further from right with your "analysis".

Furthermore...you've clearly never played 4e...the system isn't open at all.  There's basically one way to build each type of each class, otherwise you're just wasting feats/abilitlies.  

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Thats the issue.. We give so much credit to the "racers" in MMO's.. A million "dedication" posts about how fast someone reached something.. Always hear about "world firsts", First to hit max level.. That's all we care about..

Yes, he paid alot to be the first.. No, it doesn't mean he "won" anything but acknowledgment from people who don't race and jealousy from those who do..

Maybe we should write about people accomplishing other feats ingame.. Or, is max level the only thing you can really accomplish in a game like this?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

It takes about 2 weeks of decent hardcore gameplay to reach level 60. Most casuals will take a month or two.

Not sure how this clarifys as pay-to-win? What exactly do you win by skipping all the leveling content? Does this make them better at max level by reaching it first? Nope.

People hit max level in SWTOR after the expansion in an hour. If thats how people want to 'play' then good for them, I just pity them.

• Darkarai79Darkarai79 Member Posts: 39
    Or go play a sub game instead of compaining about buying levels. It doesn't effect my gameplay if someone is wasting their money away like that. I for one have money that goes into my cars engine lol and i don't think him getting to top end first will effect how i play in the first place, and it shouldn't bother any of you.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

What did he win?

Considering that level 60 is its own bracket, he isnt going to PvPing for a while.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

what about those who played and had fun with 700 euros only :/ what about them ? gz to them also who only made it to 50-59, you just did not play hard enough ,better player won this time i think.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by Whitebeards
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?148961-Grats-to-lvl-60

How he did it?

He powerleveld with crafting. Astral diamonds for the win!!

I don't fucking care at all. These things happend even in p2p games like WoW there in the last expasion hit someone max lvl in 9hours or so. Or 1-90lvl in less than 24hours? So whats the point of your topic ? If you are jealous at him. Get a work and you can spend your money there too.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• Total_HuntTotal_Hunt Member Posts: 65

Meh.

Was hoping this game would have GW2 style monetization.

I usually 'rush' to max level but I would never pay for levels, in fact I never spent a penny on GW2 apart from the box price and I have 3 max level characters.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Another mmo where it takes several days to hit max level...lol

Another reason Neverwinter is lightyears away from anything resembling D&D.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468
    Originally posted by Cirin

Someone clearly hasn't played and might actually be blind.  Even just watching a video you can clearly, and easily, see that it's NOTHING like diablo.  At all.

You might not like an active combat, but it is the way things are going.  Take your static "stand there and spam abilities" MMO's....because they take skill, right!?  (haha)  Now, I'm not necessarily saying that Neverwinter is amazing, however, at least it's not completely static, like Rift/WoW/etc..  Wildstar will prove to be very similar and, hopefully, quite amazing.  Really, though, you couldn't be further from right with your "analysis".

Furthermore...you've clearly never played 4e...the system isn't open at all.  There's basically one way to build each type of each class, otherwise you're just wasting feats/abilitlies.  

I do think it is more Diablo than it is WoW... No, it is not an isometric ARPG, but it is a ARPG nonetheless.  The emphasis here isn't a persistant world (economy, expansive persistant areas, world events, etc...) as it is on action combat and small pockets of content (heavily instanced persistant areas, group/solo dungeons).  To me, that is the epitomy of an ARPG (jump in and jump out gameplay).

While it isn't suitable for a traditional MMO-fix, I think NWN is a very fun ARPG with MMO trappings.  And yes, Cryptic, when it initially revealed the game, was very hesitant to call it a MMO.  They also had at least one other MMO concept in the works (which was tabled in favor of beefing up STO and NWN teams).

No, I am not all too familiar with the 4th Edition of Dungeons and Dragons.  However, I know enough that not every Fighter is pigeon holed into a specific style of play.  Here, the Fighter class is abstracted into two classes (Great Weapon and Guardian).  In the context of more "twitchy" or more action oriented gameplay, it makes sense.  

Imagine trying to develop a fun, action oriented combat system that flows around classes that can run around with a variety of weapon configurations? That'd be a nightmare.  

In fact, during each beta weekend, it reminded me more and more of the console Baldur's Gates games (diablo-esque arpgs) with some MMOish features.  I know everyone wants the Ranger as the next class, but I want the bard.  Cryptic, bring on the bard :)

• darksilverdarksilver Member Posts: 44

That's a lot of AD.  I'm not sure about the final costs, but the AD cost to shortcut a worker was about 80K AD.  You need 4 of them to make the next higher tier worker which is required to perform that tiers tasks.  The cost would end up being astronomical.  You wouldn't need to necessarily max your crafting level to max your character level, but it would require moving up the ranks a little in order to get better xp rewards.  Shortcutting the task times is a lot cheaper for short tasks so once someone has a decent crafting level they could just buy short tasks over and over again.

The problem is unless you bought more AD to buy a decent set of gear level 60+ mobs are going to rip you apart.  You will also have little clue on how to set traits and paragon feats which could get costly to respec.  On top of that you're not really going to know how to play the class at higher levels.  The better crafting results also require rarer materials.  I'm not sure what

This is a game where setting yourself up with the right gear stats, right attributes/feats, proper powers, and getting familiarity with a play style are vastly more important than being a certain level.  At level 60 you can easily own mobs 30 levels below you, but not so much some of the level 40 - 60+ mobs.

It would be interesting to see how the player fares in normal content going forward.  Will they need to buy another 100K AD to help gear themselves out?  Will they understand how the class functions?  If they were an alpha or beta tester then they might have a better knowledge of the system and be able to overcome these obstacles, but they are a fringe case.  I don't expect a new player to function well by powerleveling in this way.

He is still streaming at  http://www.twitch.tv/resistance_team_online and it doesn't look he has problems with lvl 60 stuff.

From early this day, he spent some $ extra for his equipment, so he should be fine.......

I certainly would spent that kind of disposal income on a vacation trip to spain but he thats me, if has fun in NW so be it.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    And now he sits there, bored, waiting for other people to catch up so that he can do stuff again...

You make me like charity

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Congrats!
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    With all the articficial achievement list created by devs (which I am personally starting to hate more and more) for players to blindly follow over the years. It's odd to see that max level is still the only one that garners such robust fanfare. Be it positive or negative.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64

Grats to him, I guess...

I mean, it's quite an acomplishment but in an MMO where end-game is dungeons, I don't see the point, because now he will just have to wait for everyone else to level up.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

What did he win?

He doesn't have better gear though.  He leveled through crafting according to the report.  And he's not going to win a pvp match against anyone else until they're in the level range.  Unless he has the advantage of being a closed tester he's not going understand the power/heroic/feat synergy.  He's not going understand the class mechanics.  Read my post above as to why he's at a disadvantage.  Do you know anything about the game or what you're talking about?

...not to mention, crafting doesn't give you OP gear to start with in NW. All you get are some nice shirts and pants and a couple of small things. No complete armor sets from crafting and such. That's something the sucker at 60 still has to get. And since he didn't gear up during crafting and is still most likely in his level 10 gear, he'll have a hell of a hard time getting his lvl 60 gear from the mobs/quests giving it.

Yeah, big-time sucker there on 60 indeed :D

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by Derros
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    Wait, I thought this was still in beta... it's out?

Early access open beta started yesterday for the hero founders, tomorrow for guardian founders and the 30th for free people.  Open beta is essencially "soft" launch since there will be no wipes.

Honestly alot of F2P games, are never "officially" declared launched.

Yet anopther example of someone with more money than brains....The need for epeen is just too much with some of these players......He'll probably spend 2 grand then quit in a month out of boredom.

• casual187casual187 Member Posts: 32
    A waste of 200 bones if ya ask me. But to each their own i guess. image