Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Game available on Steam

TymorisTymoris AthensPosts: 360Member

I am glad to report the game has finally been released on Steam for purchace^^

They sure did choose nice pictures for it in there.

Comments

• OnigodOnigod Noord-HollandPosts: 688Member

Its good to see they didnt rush steam release when it got greenlit. The patches in the last week have been really good performance wise and the game runs really smooth.

Its a niche game, different from everything else and deffinetly not for everyone. But if you do like the concept of it and get into it its a great expierience. It is not a game you can play for a couple of days and say "Nope, dont like"  theres to much to it and the learning curve is pretty high.

I never had more fun in any other game and i suggest people to check the game out. There is a lot more to the game then ganking, looting, pvp.

• BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member
    Sounds like the Steam people are salivating to play.  Steam is crashing.
  • xzyaxxzyax Fargo, NDPosts: 2,459Member

I think Aventurine should have waited another few weeks before opening it up to Steam.  

There are still some serious issues that are needing attention, and it is going to be hard to get the Steam players to come back and reconsider it later.

Hopefully Aventurine is ready for whatever influx that Steam players produce.

Guess we will see how it plays out over the next week or two.  image

• DAS1337DAS1337 Parma, OHPosts: 2,404Member
    The game looks nothing like those screenshots... Or maybe they have some hidden graphics settings they haven't released to the public?  Nah, they are doctored.  Heavily.
  • darnapkindarnapkin chattanooga, TNPosts: 87Member

I'm playing this game and I have to say I am really enjoying it!!!!

If you are tired of theme parks this is a must play. Its pretty much eve played in a fantasy setting on land. 

If you do get the game, please remember if you leave the safe zone right away , you are going to die.

• GaladournGaladourn AthensPosts: 1,052Member
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    The game looks nothing like those screenshots... Or maybe they have some hidden graphics settings they haven't released to the public?  Nah, they are doctored.  Heavily.

yes, I mean wtf, these look like postcards. I'd never have imagined AV would go so far as to doctor ingame screens. 

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic mars, FLPosts: 761Member Uncommon
    I wish I had known just got the game
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir The Deep Woods, NJPosts: 1,698Member Uncommon

Nice, I was holding out for Steam, but I wasn't going to wait much longer.

• MykellMykell MackayPosts: 618Member Uncommon
    The only reason i would have still delayed a Steam release is to have the Market up and running so people can buy mounts and basic armors without having to craft.
  • OnigodOnigod Noord-HollandPosts: 688Member
    Originally posted by Mykell
    The only reason i would have still delayed a Steam release is to have the Market up and running so people can buy mounts and basic armors without having to craft.

Yea because its so much easier to just get the gold for it when you are a noobie..

No they would have to craft it themselves at first anyways.

• MykellMykell MackayPosts: 618Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Onigod
    Originally posted by Mykell

Yea because its so much easier to just get the gold for it when you are a noobie..

No they would have to craft it themselves at first anyways.

Plenty of mobs drop gold. Zombies, skellies and goblins usually only drop 2-5gp but have a chance to drop up to 50gp. Trolls too i think. If they are smart and are skinning the mobs they could sell the mats for some extra coin.

A lot of people would prefer to farm mobs and buy gear than craft. They might also run across a couple of chaos chests and get a few hundred gold. They could find a treasure map from fishing and have 3,000 gold.

I'm a DF noob and i've managed to accumulate nearly 20,000gp in less than 2 weeks.

• HairysunHairysun none, OHPosts: 1,060Member

Darkfall: Unholy Wars on Steam ...... that's really pretty awesome.

I think Xzyax is right in stating that they should have waited a bit.  I still lag alot in somewhat populated cities, can't imagine what it's like now with the Steam crowd funneling in .

~Hairysun

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Vimont, QCPosts: 1,625Member
    They should have waited because the problem right now is the fact that everyone lives in the safe zone even if they own their own cities. We need an alignment system to force half of the poulation to step away from the safe zones. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• MithrandolirMithrandolir The Deep Woods, NJPosts: 1,698Member Uncommon
    I picked it up last night from Steam. Smooth sailing, extremely fast download and install, and then in I went. Played a few hours, very fun game! Extremely immersive. Looking forward to getting home tonight and playing again.
  • NaowutNaowut MusselkanaalPosts: 647Member Uncommon

Yeah this is great! You can now also manage your billing through steam which is awesome!

P.S If anyone has questions during their time on Darkfall feel free to sent me a PM with your name and I will add you to my friend list. EU server.

• ArteanArtean GöteborgPosts: 209Member Uncommon

Downloading. Kinda missed DF1 lately, so I was pleasently surprised when I saw that DF2 finally launched. 

Nothing beats open world pvp with some additonal sandbox elements. 'Questing' sure doesn't.

When in doubt, troll.

• BrownAleBrownAle fantasyland, MEPosts: 399Member

I bet the steam forums are up in flames.

People over there HATE p2p, hell i even see people over there trash b2p games for not being free.

Oh i finally got the game patched and logged in.  Its frickin packed.  Steam is working...and this time around they dont have the worst GUI ever invented and 2 years of grind with half the population near maxed due to macroing to scare them away.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Posts: 1,298Member Common
    Originally posted by Tymoris

I am glad to report the game has finally been released on Steam for purchace^^

They sure did choose nice pictures for it in there.

This is the first game on Steam where Steam takes the montly fee too!

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.